“Responsive, acommodating staff”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Southfield, Michigan
“Responsive, acommodating staff”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Yes, this Inn is undergoing renovations and yes, we too had trouble with moisture in the room (from the air conditioner). Only one elevator worked.
That said, we found the staff responsive and accommodating during our two night stay. We did not try the pool or the fitness facilities, however we enjoyed the hot breakfast in the renovated dining room near a banquet area at the rear of the hotel.
Our room was comfortable and quiet despite it being across from the elevator. The hotel was occupied to full by a large wedding party, but we never heard anything at night - from guests or the elevator.
Housekeeping service was great during our stay. Our room was cleaned regularly. Toiletries, towels and cloths, coffee and tea were completely replenished daily.
The hotel is nearby major highways, though not in city center. Parking was adequate behind the hotel. We did not worry about our out-of-state vehicle while it was in the lot.
The Comfort Inn price was reasonable. All in all, we would consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank VaporK8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed July 8, 2014

California Girl here.... This hotel was the place chosen to house family members for our 44th Family Reunion.

As choice privilege member, the stay was ok. Wil at the front desk was nice and helpful as can be. The hotel is going through renovations. I was displeased with the construction work in the hallway while I was trying to sleep. At one point all elevators were down. I could manage the stairs, however some members of my family are disabled and trucking up the stairs was bit overwhelming for them. I spoke to the front desk who did not have an sense urgency and replied we will be working on the elevators.

I suffer from severe allergies and for me the rooms were stuffy and maintained moisture. I could not breathe well while in my room. I opened up my window and the windows held water on them. The hallways contained dust from the renovation.

My room was not cleaned for a few days. I am not sure what happened to housekeeping. I had to ask Wil at the front desk for Towels. Getting my room cleaned was not consistent.

I had to park in the back, not sure why such a large area of the parking lot is blocked off for the renovations, since mainly for my stay they were installing new carpet as part of the renovation.

The hotel locations was very close to major highways, however, the location was not that close to downtown "arch" location and the St. Louis Zoo.

I did enjoy being able to travel to two casinos Ameristar and Hollywood, which were not too far from the hotel.

The hotel does offer breakfast, complimentary hotel shuttle and a fenced in swimming pool. Which many of my Family Members utilized.

After the renovations are completed this hotel will look more modern. I would stay at this location again, however I may need a humidifier to stay in the rooms.

Happy Travels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Collinsville
Reviewed July 7, 2014

On this trip to St. louis, I stayed here again. its been some time from my last stay. saw the start of the remodel, now , seeing the finished look,and its very nice. lobby is roomier, and the guest rooms the same. Staff very friendly, from housekeepers to maintance. Everyone greets you.

Room Tip: this trip I was in a business king. very nice,
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
joe b, General Manager at Comfort Inn Westport, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Dan P, I was glad to read that as a repeat guest you have been able to see the renovations from begining to end. We are extremely pleased and excited to share the newly renovated guest rooms, lobby and new HD TV channel line up with our our guests.

Thanks for your loyalty and for sharing your observations of the transformation.

Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed July 6, 2014

When a hotel in undergoing renovations one can expect some inconveniences, but it is unacceptable to have no functioning elevators in a four story hotel. When I stopped at the front desk to alert staff that the last working elevator was now out of commission, I had to wait while the staff member finished phoning in his pizza order. I am in fairly decent shape and taking the stairs is no big deal, but some of the guests that I encountered huffing and puffing up the stairs (some carrying luggage and small children) appeared to be struggling. I did not see much of a sense of urgency in staff rectifying the situation.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ZenithCityFoodie
Dear Zenithcityfoodie, We strive to provide first class service to every guest and I was disappointed to hear we failed to meet or exceed that goal with your recent visit. The moment we found the elevator not operating correctly we immediatly placed an emergency service call to our elevator company and requested immediate service. I apologize that my front desk agent did not take the time to share with you what we were doing to resolve the issue. While we are unable to control the elevator issue, we should have taken the time to share what was being done to correct the issue and thank you for sharing your concerns with us.

I will use this review as a learning tool to help us improve our guest service at the desk.

Once again my personal apology and I do hope with the hotel renovations being compleated you will give us another oppertunity to exceed your expectations.

Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed 6/24/14. Hotel currently under renovation. The room we had was completed. The hallway was under construction at the time, but was not a problem. Room was clean and nice. Room did not have fridge or microwave, so you may want to be sure to ask for that if you need them. We didn't so it wasn't a problem. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy M
Dear Wendy M, Thanks for the review and we are very excited with the renovations and the new product. Our guests are sharing with us their impressions of the renovations to the guest rooms and lobby. I was happy to read you had a pleasant stay with us.
In addition we have just compleated our new HD Channel line up for our hotel and now offer over 70 channels in HD for our guests to enjoy.

Joe Bryson GM
Des moines
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have stated comfort in Westport on multiple occasions the sales staff with Angie and Rachel doing exceptional job. We always have a clean room good service and the location is great for being in the St. Louis Metro. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear JandI, Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. I was glad to read that your stay was great. Angie and Rachael always work to make sure our guests have a great stay and it's nice to hear they left a positive impression on you during your visits.

We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

Woodland Park, CO
Reviewed June 24, 2014

As choice privilege members, we really enjoyed our stay, and would stay in this hotel again. However, I wanted to let fellow travelers know that they are doing renovations here and are not quite finished. It is going to be beautiful! Through it all, the staff stayed on top of things, doing their best to accommodate guests during their stay. Here's my experience, which hopefully will be helpful to others planning their trip.
Our room was newly remodeled, and I noticed that the door to the bathroom didn't quite shut after being repainted. Also, the plug in in the bathroom didn't work. It was not an issue to us, we just made sure to let the staff know when we were leaving. I'm sure they will have a few of those things come up as they work from wing to wing finishing the remodel. It's a very nice update, to match some of the more neutral color schemes of hotels now.
Be prepared to park away from the hotel in the back and walk a bit. They have blocked some of the parking while the construction is underway. You can still check in at the lobby and unload your bags. Same with check out.
The location has easy access to major highways for getting around to many St. Louis sight seeing places, but was a little removed if you want some "down time," too. Creve Coeur is very near by, with restaurants, ice cream and frozen yogurt, coffee and shopping if you need it.
There was a mix up on our first morning at the hotel. We didn't receive any housekeeping service. When we talked to the front desk after returning later that evening, they were promptly there with fresh towels and linens and someone to help us empty the trash and take any used items to the laundry. And of course, very apologetic.
The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Full-sized pillows with choice of soft or firm both on the bed for your preference. The breakfast was consistent with the menu from other choice hotels, with eggs, sausage, pastries, toast, cereal, milk and juice, waffles (make your own) and coffee.
There is an outdoor pool which is very clean and larger, so there were lots of folks cooling off. It's completely fenced and even a bit private from the parking lot. This is a large hotel and was housing family reunions, a wedding party and a group of sight seers with ease while we were there.
I liked the idea that rather than a vending machine, there is a little "mini" convenience store right next to the front desk with water and soda options, as well as some sweet and salty snacks and medicine or emergency supplies if you need them.
When we checked out after our stay, the front desk was so appreciative of our information about the room and offered us some courtesy points for our inconvenience (which was minor if at all.) They just did everything they could during our stay to be visible and helpful, as well as friendly. That sets them apart from other places in my opinion.
If you can pardon their dust, or at least know it's there for just a little while longer, it's really a nice place to stay. When the renovations are over, this will definitely get an excellent rating from this traveler. Happy Trails!

Room Tip: Just be up front with the staff if you need to be away from the areas of construction. The workers...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KansasExplorer5115
Dear Kansas Explorer, Thank you for the kind words and positive review. We hope to see you again when your in the area. Your feedback helps us to find ways to improve our service and shows us where we are doing well.

Thanks again

Joe Bryson GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#6 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur

Been to Comfort Inn Westport? Share your experiences!