“Near St. Louis airport comfort.”

Comfort Inn St Louis - Westport
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Maryland Heights
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This has become my "go to" overnight stay location in St. Louis, whether flying to the Yucatan, the Bahamas or domestic destinations. I can leave my car at no charge for a week or more and use the Comfort Inn Westport
shuttle to take me to or retrieve me from Lambert International Airport. Living in mid-Missouri, I can drive in or if I am taking Amtrak to Chicago and beyond, like enjoying the City of New Orleans connection. In the latter case I can even ride Amtrak from Jefferson City to St. Louis, take the Metro out to the airport and phone Comfort Inn to come and get me. It all works logistically.

The location is very good -- about 15 minutes from the airport but also adjacent to Westport Plaza with its variety
of restaurants and shops.

The hotel itself is of high quality, much more so than some of the other Choice Hotels (I am a member and have
made good use of their point system, sometimes yielding a free night for two separate stays at certain hotels in their system.) and the prices are very reasonable for the quality of the lodging. Conveniently, there is a restaurant on the premises called Spazios which services the hotel with the free and full breakfast. Spazios, which mostly does a catering and big party operation, makes its restaurant available for both lunch and a light meal sort of afterwork eatery.

The lodging itself has the usual range of room configurations up to and including business kings completer with microwaves and fridges, with bottled water awaiting your arrival. Coffee is available in the lobby at all hours as well as a small room with snacks and small meals to be heated there on in your room.

The personnel are always friendly and helpful. There is Kevin, Larry and Spence as shuttle drivers, Spence waiting at the airport for an additional 20 minutes while I was seeing off my son and family headed back to California. and on the desk last week I was assisted by Michelle, Dana and Rachel -- all equally helpful. (I may not have all the names correct, but they all have been equally helpful.

In summary, Comfort Inn Westport is certainly my choice of stay in St. Louis, and I have stayed in several other motels. I hear they are going into a remodeling stage, which I don't feel they need to do, and my hope is that
the prices points will not have to change much forcing me into a decision to look elsewhere.

Thank you, Comfort Inn Westport in St. Louis.

Room Tip: Ask when making a reservation or upon arrival about type and floor (elevator makes latter moot) and...
1  Thank Terry T
joe b, General Manager at Comfort Inn St Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Terry,

Thank you again for sharing your experience and the kind words, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel appears nice from the outside, and the staff is very pleasant on the phone, but the reality was quite different. The counter in the bathroom was separated from the wall and falling and the toilet tank was open and never did flush all the way. The bathtub had pubic hair in it and black crap floated out of the drain. The beds are old and mattresses worn, though the pillows and comforter are great. All of the issues wouldn't have bothered me if the whole floor hadn't smelled like pot, which I am allergic to ( my throat closes up and I cannot breathe). When I asked the front desk to spray an odor remover in the hall, I was told they couldn't, because it may offend the guest that was smoking it. It felt as if this hotel would rather cater to teenagers packing into rooms and breaking the law than people that will respect their property. The daytime staff, especially the breakfast attendant were very pleasant and helpful, though unless the mattresses are changed and something done about the marihuana smell (both nights) in the hall, I won't be back.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Stacy S
Manager H, General Manager at Comfort Inn St Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Stacey,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.I have addressed this issue with my team and assure you this not something we would allow to go on in our property.

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel in a very nice area of Maryland Heights. Rooms were clean, people were nice, breakfast was excellent (except I wished they had bagels).

I will be adding this hotel to my list of favorites of Choice Hotels.

My only wish is that they have an indoor pool and hot tub

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ArkansasEagle
Manager H, General Manager at Comfort Inn St Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear Markfist1,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We will look into getting bagles added to the breakfast offerings and I hope you will be able to come back and enjoy the outdoor pool this summer.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

the stay at Comfort In Westport, St.Louis was the most enjoyable and comfortable.
The most impressive and helpful was the service provided in every area,super,super good. Vicki,Kim Lary ,Kevin and Benson

Room Tip: call ahead of time and ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank loniski

Dear loniski,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with all our team members. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed at this place last week. It was my worst hotel experience I have had. I just wanted to leave. It seemed and proved they were all staring at you. After checking in we went to the room well 2 hours later the guest service woman knocked on door and peeking in said did you call for towels. She never had towels so why did she come bother us? Later on that evening again housekeeping came to the door for something. They had a happy hour in the meeting room with only 3 to 4 tables. The table the manager was at had 2 or 3 huge dishes brought out to them only and noone mingled or was friendly. In the morning the housekeeper walked right in on me naked from shower at 8 am saying oh, I am sorry this room was not supposssed to be occupied. About 15 minutes after she left someone called with an apology. I told them we were packing and when I opened the door to leave there was housekeeping right outside saying oh your checking out? Your suppossed to be a stayover. I went to the desk to straighten it out and we ran. There was zero privacy and I would not recommend this hotel. Why bother a guest so much if they don't want to be bothered. respect a person's privacy!

1  Thank dee491
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Clean rooms, caring personnel, helpful information from everyone! We have stayed at several Comfort Inns before and when our daughter was LifeFlighted to Mercy in St. Louis I immediately called the nearest Comfort Inn. They gave us a room for as long as needed. They had a shuttle to the hospital with a FABULOUS driver! Every employee there gave us gentle encouraging words, especially Rick - on the phone and in person. They knew what we needed when we needed it - and great ideas of where to go for good comfort food too! I would recommend this hotel to any and all - it certainly met our needs! (note: we were worried enough about our daughter and the last thing we needed to worry about was the cost of our extended stay - they gave us a Mercy discount - God bless them all)

1  Thank juliedobie
Manager H, General Manager at Comfort Inn St Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Julie,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. I was pleased to hear our team exceeded your expectations especially with the situation your family was going through. We always strive to treat our guest like our family. We hope everything is getting better and we never want our guest to have to worry about accomodations when faced with the a family emergency. I want to thank you for allowing us to be your host.The van service is always a great service to our families who are visiting on of the area hospitals from out of town and need transportation.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be for vacation and time with your family.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Thanks for all the hospitality. I was impressed that the rooms were so clean. That means a lot to me. I must have a clean room and I'm very picky about that.

I also appreciated the business reception and getting to meet with your sales director Angie. Very nice lady and another part of my positive experience there at your hotel...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sean h

Dear Sean H,

Thank you for such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#1 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#10 of 18 in Maryland Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#4 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Quality Inn Florissant
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant

Been to Comfort Inn St Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!