“Weekly work trip”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Weekly work trip”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Vicki and Angie did a great job once again. Vicki got me into my business exec room after a rare night where all of the business rooms were booked. Thanks for the Wednesday happy hour. I love the switch to Shock Top at
Spazio for the Happy Hour. I enjoy the cream cheese muffins at breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Westport, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Mr. Brennan, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from the survey on Trip Advisor. I was excited to hear that my staff exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the Choice Members reception as well as the breakfast muffins.

I have shared your positive comments with the staff.

We look forward to seeing you next time.

Joe Bryson GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was my first stay and i found the facility to be quite comfortable, the staff was very friendly and cordial. The location is very convenient however the choices of restauraunts in the area is very limited. The motel breakfast is pretty good and i will definately stay here again. I used a prepaid rate and it was very econical.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Westport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Rich,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Comfort Inn
314590-5656
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here for one night while in town for a family event. The hotel is close to the highway and in a business area with many hotels. I booked online for a 'pet approved' room for 3 adults. Upon checking in I learned there is an additional $10 fee for having a pet - ok, not that big of a deal but it would have been good to know as the rate at this hotel was very close to others and maybe it could have been a deal breaker.

We arrived in the evening and got a room at the end of the hall on the 3rd floor. It was obvious there was a big group across the hall from us because the security latches were flipped on the last 3 doors so they could go between rooms when they wanted. The room was clean - but worn and dated. The air conditioner unit was so loud you had to adjust the TV volume when it would come on! We had enough towels and hot water for everyone to take showers. We retired for the night - but those across the hall did not. Finally at midnight we went out in the hall where they were yelling and laughing and asked them to keep it down as we were trying to sleep. They replied with 'well we are trying to party!'. I called the front desk to see if they could control the situation. The man at the desk told us the hotel was pretty full and had a 'few large groups' and he believed the people across from us were a bachelorette party. He said we could move to a double bed room and they would get us a rollaway at no charge! We did NOT want to move rooms after midnight and only wanted to get some sleep before a long drive in the morning. He offered to call them and tell them to quiet down. Things were better after this call.

When checking out in the morning - he asked if things were better after our phone conversation (same clerk!). I told him yes and he stated that they had brought the group down into the lobby after the phone call.

Breakfast was good and plentiful. Eggs, sausage, breads, fruit, yogurt, cereal and waffles. It was served in a large bar/banquet room so lots of tables and chairs for everyone.

1 Thank den&holly
Manager H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Westport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to fill out a Trip Advisor survey regarding your recent stay. We strive to provide first class service and exceptional value to every guest and I am disappointed that we failed to meet that standard with your recent stay. I was glad to hear our staff did get the problem resolved once you called.

Once again my sincere apology.

Weston, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Before my family even set foot inside the room, I needed to return three (yes 3) times to the front desk. The room keys that were issued would not work. Extremely frustrating! I had to ride in the elevator that made the worst noise the first time we went up...I was scared to ride in that thing. I hate elevators and when it stopped at the fourth floor and squealed, my family knew I was freaked out. It was for sure very nerve racking every time I had to ride. The next evening upon returning to the hotel, the room key did not work again. Wasn't just my key....many guests were having the same issue. Frustrating again!! Breakfast was good with waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, donuts, fruit, yogurt, bread, juice, oatmeal & coffee. Hallway on fourth floor was dirty, especially near the elevator....needed a good vacuuming. Cracker crumbs were there the whole 4 days. Room was average, comfortable bed but maybe a little more attention to detail. Lamp shade had a spot on it so I simply turned it away so I didn't see it. Comforter had a small burn hole it. Overall, I guess the room price was decent. You get what you pay for.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LeAnn M
My sincere apology for the issues you had with your room keys and the elevator. I have shared your feedback with my team and addressed the issues you brought to my attention.

I hope you will consider us again when in the area and allow me to personally apologize and ensure your stay exceeds your expectations.

Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Front desk staff, bellmen, and breakfast attendants were great. Breakfast was great. Pool was great. Our room was another story. Curtains were hanging off the wall. We left for breakfast one morning and left the do not disturb sign on the door. We returned to our room and removed sign before 10AM, but that was apparently too late to get our room cleaned. We returned to an uncleaned room - no towels, toilet paper, kleenex or coffee. Every day was an adventure on whether we would have coffee and supplies in our room. Won't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Westport, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Valued guest My apology for not meeting your expectations during your recent visit
We work hard to exceed you guest expectations and I was disappointed to hear we failed to meet that standard with your recent stay and for that i sincerely apologize.

Your feedback will help us improve our services.

Once again my personal apology.

Sincerely
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed one night on Monday August 5. We brought in a hotel travel book coupon for a rate of $55 for a double. First the gentleman checking us in was preoccupied on his blackberry so did not give us the correct rate and instead charged us $59. With tax it came to $70. Not a dealbreaker but disappointing. The lobby looked nice but once in the elevator it smelled really bad and kind of jumped between floors which was nerve racking. We stayed on the 4th floor with tired small children so stairs was not a good option. It was concerning that the elevator might break while inside. Our room was spacious but dated. The blanket on one of the beds was stained with what looked like oil or some other black mark. The bathroom was in bad shape and very dirty with hair still on the floor and in the tub from the last guest. It was too bad because the location was good and the rest of the hotel looked nice. I am wondering if the give out old crummy rooms for the travelers with coupons.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to completea Trip Advisor survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future

Once again my personal apology

Sinceely,

Comfort Inn
314590-5656
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I spent two nights at this hotel in July 2013. I was in town for business. It is actually a hotel that was once a Best Western or from another chain, bought by Comfort and upgraded. It has an attached restaurant where the free breakfast was served daily.
I was on the second floor, which was a nice room with a king bed. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.
The staff who checked me in and answered my questions were very helpful and polite. I felt like they appreciated my business.
The hotel was located near by the places I had meetings. It is a little far from downtown, but even then it was easily accessible via the interstate.
The one knock I have against the hotel was that on one of my nights there wasn't any available parking. I had to go way out into the parking lot in the back to park.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 1967Yankeesfan
Thank you for taking time to fill out a Trip Advisor survey and thank you for the kind words. We are always pleased to hear from our guests.and I was glad to hear your stay was positive.

Sincerely
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#5 of 17 in Maryland Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Westport
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Westport
#4 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Comfort Inn Westport? Share your experiences!