“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I highly recommend this friendly hotel in Westport. Clean rooms, great staff and good location with a reasonable rate make this a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Steinbach, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2011

The manager and front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. They gave us information about different areas of St. Louis we should check out and took the time to give us directions.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Humboldt, Tennessee
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Let me start by saying that I booked this on Expedia.com. It was one of their Top Secret Hotels. I was under the impression that this hotel had micro/fridge in every room. I was wrong! We got there and no microwave or fridge. Then we were trying to plug our cell phones in to charge and they kept falling out of the plug ins because they were so worn out. But that was no big deal. The final straw came when we came back to our hotel on the first full day we were there and figured out that the door did not lock. The deadbolt, the regular lock, nothing! We had spent the night in the room, left our things there all day in an unlocked room. I guess we should have checked the door to make sure it locked, but the hotel should be held accountable for providing a level of safety for their guests. when my husband went down to complain about the door, they pretty much looked at him like, "Oh well. What do you want us to do about it?" They did move us into the room right next door. We checked the locks before we moved our things of course!
The bathrooms are TINY! I have a bruise on my arm from slamming it into the open door because there was no room to turn around!
Oh! I almost forgot. They are doing road construction right in front of the hotel, so you have to be detoured around. Thats not the hotel's fault, I know. But I thought people should know. The area of town is nice, but it is not near anything of interest. Stay in the Forest Park area, instead.
The only good things I found were the pool area and the breakfast. They were very nice. Overall, I would never go to this hotel again, and never recommend it to a soul!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Napa
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The rooms were filthy. They failed at the most basic principle of lodging: clean and comfortable bedding. The non-washable comforters have cigarette burns and stains on them. The blankets under the comforters were not washed and had hairs on them. I asked for a new blanket and that one had hairs on it as well. It was so disgusting. I took the sheets of the 2nd bed and used those and put the blankets on the floor.

Also, the mattresses were old and sagging towards the middle. The hotel was outdated and you could tell the staff had no pride in the facility.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Gilbertsville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel overall, as much traveling as I have done it was nice to see that there are still a few places where the staff is friendly and the rooms are clean! We stayed 2 night, every staff member that we came in contact with, (front desk, housekeepers, maintenance etc.) always smiled and spoke to us,Our room was clean and comfortable, also had good wi-fi signal.This property is very well kept, I have to give kudos for that, also in a very convenient location, basically you are no more than 15 minutes from anything you may need or want.Wish that we would have had time to take advantage of the pool and workout room, but maybe next trip.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Missouri
Reviewed July 28, 2011

If I could rate in negative numbers I would! Read this review and then BOOK ELSE WHERE!!! My family and I just returned home today from a four night stay (Wednesday, July 14 through today Sunday, July 17) at the Comfort Inn Westport in St. Louis, MO. We were there for a wedding and were extremely disappointed in the cleanliness and the over all condition of our room #147. I have attached several pictures that I took of our hotel room. In the attached you will find a large June Bug that was in our room for the duration of our trip. Rips, holes, and tears in the sheets of our bedding. Very LARGE cigarette burns in the blankets we were provided with (I only took a picture of the large holes there were more). The comforter had such a horrible odor that we requested extra blankets and put the comforter in the floor every night. There were also metal bars protruding from the bed. We all encountered these dangerous bars. We were traveling with a toddler who hit the bar with her leg and my husband was bruised and bloodied from the bar that was sicking the furthest out of the bed. We had to use the three ring informational binder left in the room for guests to protect ourselves from one of the two bars that was sticking out of the side of the bed. You will also see a picture of the large gap at the bottom of the door between the floor and the door. It was SO large it allowed excessive hallway noise to come through. Every night we stuffed our clothes from that day under the door to prevent noise or anyone looking in under the door. I really wish I would have taken a picture of my daughters bare feet after running around and playing in the room because they were fifthly. It was disgusting. The room was a HUGE disappointment. We also experienced very poor service. I had to call twice to request more towels because we were not left enough by the maid service. My second request it took more than three hours, 2 phone calls, and one walk to the front desk to FINALLY get extra towels. We also experienced a VERY rude woman working in the breakfast area. Typically there was an older gentleman in the breakfast area helping and checking on guests he did a wonderful job. But the lady who was wiping down tables was extremely rude to the guests in the breakfast area. A member of the wedding group had a problem with their air conditioner and they were not helped in a timely manner. They basically got the run around from staff as to when/if the situation would be taken care of. One morning my daughter and I were walking to breakfast and we over heard an employee use a four letter explicit that starts with F. Again my daughter who is a toddler repeats everything she hears. Luckily she did not catch it and we kept walking. The room keys were another BIG problem. At times they would not work on the outside doors and we would be forced to find an open door. I took my key to the front desk and complained. I was told they were bad keys and everyone was having problems. I find this to be completely unacceptable especially if this is a known issue. I know we were not the only guests experiencing problems with keys. We usually had to try at least four times for the key to work in our own room. The hallways were VERY hot and uncomfortable...I even saw a guest rushing off of an elevator because of a alarm that was going off. She did not have any luggage with her and she was the only one on the elevator. I've stayed in Comfort Inn's and Comfort Inn and Suites many times and I've never experienced anything quite like this. I've always been very pleased in the past. But this hotel I would compare to the dirty tiny hotel in my very small hometown. No one wants to stay there but they have no other options. I know one thing for certain my family will NEVER stay in the Comfort Inn Westport ever again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Maryland Heights, Missouri
Reviewed July 26, 2011

This was the worse hotel stay ever. I arrived late on a Sunday night after a 7 hour drive from Kansas. I checked into the 4th floor, where a bunch of basketball players were staying. Needless to say they were so loud and were banging stuff that the pictures on my wall nearly fell off. I called the front desk 3 times and finally at around 3 AM, the noise stopped. This was 5 hours after my 1st complaint when I was told if "they didn't settle down they would be evicted". Same situation the next night, but this time it was with baseball players. Now today, the elevator is broken. My son just finished an 8 hour hockey camp and has to lug his hockey bag up/down 4 flights of stairs. When I got to my room today, housekeeping never came! When I spoke with the hotel manager (Chris Huber), he said "there is nothing we can do about the behavior of our guests". Can you believe that? When I get home I plan to call corporate offices because no one should have to go through this. Stay away, this hotel and its management is horrible.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kansas244647
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#8 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur

Been to Comfort Inn Westport? Share your experiences!