DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We reserved two rooms for a large family and a two night stay. The front desk was very friendly. We did not like the way the pool was shut down in the evenings. We were herded out like cattle 10 minutes before the closing time. We were asked twice if we were aware of the closing time, even though our kids were out of the pool and drying off prior to 11pm. The halls and ceilings look a little worn and the rooms were a bit pricey for what they offered however, given that we were there during peak summer season we understood.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Kimberly H:

Thank you for staying with us at our DoubleTree by Hilton. I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this invaluable feedback. Your comments about being ushered out the pool ten minutes before closing time disturb me. I must apologize to you. I have a nine year old boy and a thirteen year old daughter. The highlight of our vacations for them is always the trips to the hotel pool. I would not be happy if someone asked me to leave before closing time, and frankly I just don't understand the reason. Thank you for the feeedback. I will find out who was responsible for doing this and and set them straight right away. I hope you do consider staying with us in the near future.

Dan Gough

Write a ReviewReviews (1,032)

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were pentalized as paid for room with points so didn't qualify for benefits of Buffet unless we Paid. Internet didn't stay on, hard to get on and working, no TV, LIGHT or COFFEE POT as outlet was falling out of the wall. No mention of reimbursement for all these troubles.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Kenneth A:

Thank you for staying with us and for posting this review. We appreciate the feedback. There is no penalty for being an Hhonors remember or for redeeming a night. Breakfast is not complimentary at our hotel or at DoubleTrees by Hilton. More than half of our guests have breakfast included in their rates The guests that you were traveling with did book a group rate that had breakfast included in the rate. I have asked Shane Bruening, our Front Office Manager, to check the CARE log the night you checked in. If there was a problem with your outlet by credenza, that should have a been a quick and easy fix for us. Thank you again, for the feedback.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years. While during my recent stay I discovered all the staff were relatively new they provided me with the same great service I had always received in the past.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Dear larrywa2014:

Thank you for returning to our hotel. In the last year, we did have a number of people leave us at the front desk. A couple were promoted within our company and moved to one of our other sixteen hotels in St. Louis. Several of our employees graduated with Bachelor's and Associate degrees and have pursued careers in those fields. We have been fortunate to hire new enthusiastic, and diverse group of individuals that are learning quickly and agressively using their hospitality skills. Thank you for composing and posting this review.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

This hotel had the best customer service I have ever experienced. The employees were courteous, friendly and very inviting. The front desk staff went above and beyond my expectations. The Housekeeping staff were also very generous.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear Rachel I:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to compose and post this review on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate the comments. Come back to see us soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

very clean and quiet. everyone treated me excellent I would recommend staying here its a great place to relax, eat and kick back. The hotel is beautiful and very well taken care of the staff is very friendly and will do anything to help you out while staying here so grab your bags and go relax and have some fun

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear LW:

Thank you for staying with us recently at our DoubleTree by Hilton. I appreciate you communicating that you found the hotel to be very clean and beautiful. Come back to see us soon in St. Louis.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend. It was an excellent stay. We stayed for 3 nights. Our room was ready and clean when we arrived late on the first night. The water temperature was great in the shower. We went swimming in the indoor pool and it was perfect. The kids had a blast. We ate at the breakfast buffet in the hotel resturant all 3 mornings. The food was great and the service was even better. We were offered warm, fresh doubletree cookies at arrival but since it was late we asked if we could get them the next day instead. Of course, they said yes. They even sent us home with a few cookies! The only problem we had during this stay was our pillows were down feather filled. So, when you laid on them they went flat and weren't very comfortable. The next morning we just stopped by the front desk and requested foam pillows instead. They had them delivered to our room within 10 minutes.

We will be returning to stay at this hotel any time we come to the St. Louis Area. We were very pleased as we often travel as a family to many different hotels. Doubletree always seems to be our top pick.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear LoveTwoTravel:

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel with your children. I am sorry you did not like the down feather pillows. We do have a synthetic alternative upon request. I am glad that the water temperature was to your liking in the shower. Thank you for recognizing the breakfast buffet and of course the cookies.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I am a business travel and stay in Hilton properties more often than not. Although this was a nice location, the rate I paid was far too high for what the room was. Also, why can I get free WiFi at a Hampton Inn or Garden Inn, but not the Doubletree. Room was clean and had been updated, but was still tired compared to other Doubletrees. A very average visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Amy D:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to post this survey of our DoubleTree by Hilton. I am sorry that you found us dated and average looking. I will try to find the room that you stayed in to see if there was anything about that room we can remedy or replace in order to elevate the look and feel of the room. I will also share your comments with our staff. Please consider staying with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Downtown
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#1 of 18 in Maryland Heights

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!