“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Jacksonville, United States
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was there for three days and thought the accomadations were perfect. They do not offer free continental breakfast, which is what I look forward to when staying at a hotel, but the breakfast buffet they did have was great, just be careful if price is a concern. If you take anything from the warm side of the buffet, it will cost you another $7 more, in total a $17 breakfast....yikes! The room was very comfortable, the bed and pillows were amazing! The fitness room was a little tiny, only three treadmills and boy did they fill up fast in the morning. I would defintely recommend this place considering the couple of comments I made, they are petty compared to the overall experience.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Jamie P:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for this nice review. We hope you come back soon.

Dan Gough

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Worst experience I've had in a long time. Chose this hotel because it is close to Barnes West Hospital and my Doc with who
I had an appt on Monday. Checked in Sunday. Had to change rooms due to noisy party in the mini conference room next store. Later again had to complain about party in next room after the bar closed.
When I checked in I tried to extend stay to Tue. I was told the computer was down and would be up in two hours....come back. Which I did, numerious times. Sunday and Monday. Each time I was told the same, "computers are down, come back.
I asked for a local shuttle to my Doc's office. "Sure, they say. Come down to desk at 3:15pm." Come time to leave..... No shuttle. I had to take a cab.

When I returned from my Doctors appt at 5:30 pm I waited 45 min in line to talk to registration (computers were down).
Now it's past 6pm, the clerk tells me mgr says I must give up my room because they are full. "But wait, the computers are down, how do you know you are full? I had been trying to book one more night for the last two days. What changed that you can now tell me your full? " I ask. No explaination. It's now past 7pm, I pack my stuff and out I go. What a cluster. No "I'm sorry sir" not even one of their nasty stale cookies..... For some reason I feel like I got used. What a bunch of jerks

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank CheekieMonkies
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
CheekieMonkies:

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay with us at our property. I'm so sorry tohear that you had a less than stellar experience. We always try to do everything that we can to increase guest satisfaction, and I am sorry that we fell way short of your expectations. We take your comments very seriously and I have passed them along to our staff yesterday in an effort to ensure that your issues are rectified for future guests. We thank you again for the feedback and hope that the next time you are in St. Louis you will give us another chance. Please don't hesitate to call me directly if you have any questions or comments.

St Louis, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Very traveler friendly offering shuttle service to airport, the workplace as well as dinner. Freindly staff willing and able to help and accomodate most needs. Also, enjoy the breakfast options in the morning. The staff there is on first name basis with some travelers

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear William L:

Thank you for staying with us recently and also for taking the time to compose this review of our DoubleTree by Hilton. I appreciate you highlighting our shuttle service, to and from the airport. We do also take our guests to work in the morning, as long as it is within five miles of the hotel. I am pleased you mentioned the friendly staff and their knowledge of our customers. I hope you have a great week and please come back to stay with us soon.

St. Louis, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed overnight at Doubletree following our granddaughter's wedding at a church in mid-town St. Louis. We gathered at your hotel with family and friends, many of whom came from out of state. We found your gathering area near the bar a good place for conversation. The brunch on Sunday provided a good variety of food; and the servers were outgoing and helpful. Note: your chef made a great omelet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear james D:

Thank you for staying with us and congrats on the your granddaughter's wedding. I am very happy that you chose our DoubleTree. I trust that you were surrounded by friends and family, and I hope they all stayed with us. Thank you for mentioning our lobby bar, it is a great gathering place. Thank you for also mentioning our restaurant and our buffet that we offer every day. Please come back soon when the next grandchild gets married or for any reason at all.

Ponca City, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was at this hotel for a business conference held in the same hotel. The accommodations were comfortable, clean and quite nice. The staff was helpful and there was a waitress in the restaurant who was very good. The food was a little pricey, but very good. Also, the breakfast offered in the "Bed and Breakfast" package was well worth the $5 extra. I was very happy with my stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Stacy K:

We are fortunate that your conference contact chose our DoubleTree by Hilton for their meeting. I am glad that you found our hotel comfortable and that you were happy with your stay. You are correct, there are many different ways to have the breakfast included in your stay, and the majority of our guests choose on of these options. Thank you pointing out how much you enjoyed the breafkast. I hope you do think about our DoubleTree by Hilton when you are looking for a hotel in St. Louis in the future.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We had a great stay at the Doubletree! We got in a bit early and had no problem checking in and getting our warm, yummy cookies! The room was clean and inviting! The staff was professional and super friendly! The breakfast buffet was GREAT as well!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Dortimo:

Thank you for staying with us recently. I appreciate you taking the time to post this review. Thank you for all the great things that you said about our hotel and staff, and most of all I am happy that you wrote that you had a great stay! Please come back to see us soon.

Alexandria, United States
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I was only there for one night, so did not report the issues. However, the bathroom had hair from a previous guest in the sink and the shower faucet did not work properly. The water would go in cycles from zero pressure and cold to full pressure and piping hot. There was also a very big stain on the carpet in the middle of the room. I stayed in a Hilton Honors room and expected much better. That said, the staff were very nice and accommodating.

1 Thank Camylle C
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear CamyleeC:

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to post this review. I must apologize for the problems you had with your bathroom and the stain on the carpet of your guestroom. You certainly deserved a better room, especially being on the Hilton Honors Floor. Thank you for the feedback, and I hope you do give us one more chance to serve you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur
Downtown
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!