“Great Service”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
St Louis
“Great Service”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Left my computer behind in room at departure. Called later in the day - finally talked to Alex who was very helpful in confirming the computer was there - and securely locked up. She shipped it back to me the following day. Congratulations on a team effort to fix my mistake. Restaurant could use some help for dinner. Understand why it was almost empty. Internet was good. Breakfast was ok - on the slow side if you wanted fresh cooked eggs. Took a nap while the toaster toasted. Tub dripped so used a towel to quiet it down. Long hair in tub - my wife would have rejected the room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Joe W:

Thank you for staying with us at our DoubleTree by Hilton. I really do appreciate the detail provided in your review. It was kind of you to explain what Alex, our Front Desk Supervisor did to get your computer back to you safe and sound. I will make sure that I share your review with my management and supervisory staff at our weekly, Wednesday meeting when we analyze the previous week's review. I hope you have a great weekend, and please come back to see us.

Dan Gough

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I came to St Louis just for a quick weekend getaway ... The DoubleTree provided a lovely stay and close to a great little location called Westport Plaza, where we went for dinner, drinks and there is a comedy club we went to late on Saturday night.
The pool stays open till 11pm so we were able to enjoy that the night we drove in after dinner.
One of my favorite things about the hotel was the shower!! I told my boyfriend that I would leave him for the shower if I could LOL ... although quick tip, if you like HOT showers like I do leave the door open, there are no vents in the bathroom and I quickly got dizzy!
My favorite person at the hotel was Yongae in the restaurant ... we only ate at the hotel for breakfast, as it was included in our room, and both mornings we were greeted by this extremely happy woman, Yongae! She went above and beyond in my opinion, one morning the buffet was out of bacon and she was unaware until someone asked for it, she then went to each table and asked if anyone needed bacon and she apologized for running out!
Excellent service, Excellent Staff, Excellent Stay!

Room Tip: Do not get a connecting room ... walls are paper thin!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ColelyL30:

Thank you for staying with us and for this great review. I am so glad that you wrote about the pool and the shower. I do want to point out that we do have vents in the bathroom but they do sit high up in the corner of the bathroom just to the side of the vanity mirror, about one inch from the top of the wall. Thank you telling everyone about our excellent service and thank you for commenting on the best server I have ever seen in St. Louis, or anywhere. We recognize YongAe for the gem that she is. I am glad that you do as well. Please come back to see us soon.

St. Louis, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The hotel was upscale, very clean, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful! The room was clean, the bed was incredible, and the bathrooms were very modern and nice. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Kaycee O:

Thank you for being our guest at the DoubleTree by Hilton St. Louis\Westport. I appreciate you calling the staff friendly and helpful and the bathroom modern. My staff and I are glad that your stay was a positive one and we hope you return to see us soon.

Vincennes, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went to St.Louis to go to Six Flags and also a baseball game. The location of the hotel was an equal distance from both. The stay at the hotel was fantastic. The price was great. Our kids had fun in the pool and the breakfast buffet was outstanding. We will make this our hotel of choice from now on when we are visiting St. Louis.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Shannon from Vincennes:

Thank you for staying with us and for your recommendation. We also like our pool and breakfast buffet. Thank you for telling everyone about our location. I am sure there are others thinking of doing the same things you did for your trip. I hope you had ticketes for the Sunday, day game. The Cards had trouble with the Cubs on Friday and Saturday. Come back soon.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I enjoyed every minute of my stay at Doubletree. The staff was friendly, helpful, and I hope to be back. Breakfest was excellent and I appreciate how clean the workout room was. I love that they provided free bottled water and fruit in workout room! Goes without saying how amazing their chocolate chip cookies are when you check in!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Tripadvisor Member:

Thank you for composing this very flattering and kind review. I am glad you enjoyed breakfast and thank you for highlighted the fitness center. Please come back soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a Great Doubletree located near some great restaurants and shopping. Very comfortable beds and a clean room.

Restaurant and bar located onsite and there is always good company to be enjoyed. I cam in town early afternoon Sunday and parked myself down the street at Westport which had some good restaurants and bars. Checked in around 2ish and they had everything ready for me.

Very nice fitness facility with everything you need from cardio to free weights. Very clean facility as well.

Great place to stay and I would stay here again without a second thought.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Cweld5:

We think your review is "Very Nice", and we are all very appreciative. I am so thankful you pointed out that we are close to restaurants and bars. I have read too many times on TripAdvisor that people think we are not. I am sure we should take most of the responsibility for this for not promoting ourslelves better. We are just 5 blocks from Westport Plaza, and all the restaurants on Olive are just a little further. Thank you also for commenting on the fitness facility. Thank you for staying with us and please come back soon.

Muscatine, Iowa
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Well this place is in between downtown St. Louis and Six Flags so if that is what your vacation entails you've found the right place. There's great food down the road on Olive as well! The only thing the area is lacking is a Target or Walmart. So find one before you make your way to the hotel.
The pool area was a bonus for the kids. It's a popular place to be. My child loved it. It has a hot tub as well for the adult to relax.
The bathroom was nicely updated and the bedding is nice. My only complaint about the room is the bed was too soft. That's just a personal opinion though. I would rather it be soft than hard though.
There's a mini fridge and a pull out bed as well. It helps with the kids! All in all great value! Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Garypaul1256
Dear GaryPaul1256:

Thank you for staying with us recently. I think we do have a good location, especially if you are looking for a wide variety of things to do in St. Louis. We also in between highways 64/40 & 70. I am glad that part of the trip worked out well for you. I am also happy the family enjoyed the pool during your stay. Thank you for highlighting some of the other items in the guestrooms and please come back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur
Comfort Inn Westport
Comfort Inn Westport
#7 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#5 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hilton St. Louis Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!