“Excellant accomdiations!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
“Excellant accomdiations!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Jacklyn is the best rep you guys have she deserves a promotion stat! She was the most helpful person ive ever seen at any hotel ive ever seen in my life. My phone died and i had no charger she went out of her way to charhe it for me. Among so many other things!

• Stayed April 2013
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Jcy1989:

This is a great review. Jacqueline and I both thank you. Her supervisor will definitely take this review of yours in to consideration when he does his review of Jacqueline on her anniversary. I am sure you have guessed that this is not the first comment or review that Jacqueline has received like this. It was extremely kind of you to compose this review and I promise you that Jacqueline will be recognized. I hope you do come back to see us soon.

Dan Gough

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Earlville, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I would really have to weigh my options to decide if I were to stay there again. Staff is great and that helps with having issues. If you pay more than $99 for a room there you are being over charged. Hotel is dated, and routine cleaning could be better. Each floor has a mirror and stand with a plant in it. Does look like anyone had checked in a while, dusty, vase dirty and mirrors with dust and streaks on it. Restaurant is over priced in comparison to food quality.

1 Thank Jeffrey F
Dear JeffreyF from Earlville:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the review. My staff and I appreciate the feedback. I have reviewed your comments on cleaning with our Housekeeping Manager, and I am making sure that my management staff reads your entire review. We take all feedback and comments from our guests very seriously and I hope you do consider us for a second time, and we realize that all our guests have a variety of choices when it comes to booking hotel rooms in the St. Louis area.

Sheridan, United States
Reviewed April 24, 2013

There was two events at the hotel and thus the breakfast buffet was trimmed of the items we like to eat, namely the omelets, berries and yogurt, and oatmeal. Some of the machines in the exercise room didn't work right.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Judy W:

Thank you for taking the time to write this informative review. I am sorry that the omelette station was taken down. It was really not the occupancy but the large groups that were coming in at one time. We do still prepare omelettes for individuals back in the kitchen. I have informed our staff to make sure that they commnicate this to our individual travelers. I am also addressing the issue of the yogurt, berries and oatmeal with my management staff. They told me that they did not remove these items, and it would really serve no purpose to do so. I will make sure that we don't remove these items in the future. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the great feedback.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Thanks for a great stay. I travel 95% of the year and this is the best, most caring most attentive service ever.
Youngae in dinning, Ginger at the bar and Brittany at front desk, they have given me the best service. Thanks for the great service and the beautiful smiles!

• Stayed April 2013
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear EldoradoPayn:

I can't thank you enough. Sometimes the shortest reviews are the most gratifying. You are very kind, and my staff and I are most appreciative. I do have one question, is that you diving in the water, in your picture? Come back soon, please.

Virginia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Have now stayed here twice and . . . it's okay but nothing more.

First, on the plus side, the rooms have been remodeled. They are decent-sized and the bathrooms are modern. Beds are comfortable although pillows are tiny and . . . not great. Internet is fast ($9.95 per day). Hotel is quiet and elevators are prompt. Wednesday night there is a manager's cocktail party which is nice -- free food and live music. The management is very personable and make clear they are happy to have you there.

And the not so good . . . When you order room service for breakfast, you may or may not get it. If the hotel is full, it won't come -- ever. When I called after it was 30 minutes late, I was told I should "find something else." Same thing happened to my colleague. When I was checking out on a second visit, another patron was complaining about the same thing.

The food is hit or miss. Caesar salad was tasty; the shrimp scampi was dry and unappetizing. Towels are gray and dingy. On one visit, there was only one tissue/kleenex left in the box. The conference room floor smells like toothpaste -- literally. The front desk personnel range from friendly to indifferent. When I mentioned the lack of room service breakfast, I was greeted with a shrug and an unconvincing, "sorry about that."

I think management cares and tries hard. But the consensus of our group was that there are too many problems to make this a great place to stay for business travelers. My gut feel is that, when the hotel isn't full, they do okay but when they get near capacity, they really can't handle the demand.

2 Thank MisstheDogs
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Missthedogs:

I am glad that you liked the room and found the beds comfortable. I am sorry you did not like our down feather pillows. We can substitute these pillows for foam pillows, but down is our standard. I appreciate the feedback regarding room service. We don't typically have complaints on room service, but the feedback is helpful. I could not smell the toothpaste in the conference room, but I had the carpet cleaned this week to be safe. Again, thank you for all the comments and feedback, and I hope you do try us again.

Blue Eye, United States
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Wonderful facility with appropriate sized rooms for our convention. The food served throughout the convention was of highest quality and at a great price. Staff were professional and helpful during the entire stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Traveler:

I just read your review this morning. Thank you staying with us and thank you for the flatterin review. I hope you and your group continue to favor us with your conventions. Please come back soon.

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Doubletree
I am a Guest here at Double Tree and would like to recommend the following 5 ladies for a raise, Tiara the first encounter with your staff, She made me feel welcomed, Very attentive to detail and helpful. Provided area information and very sweet and friendly . The next 3 are Britlany, Jacqueline and Alex, again very friendly and helpful, with food, suggestions, internet help and setting up transportation via the vans. Even though I am away from home, the 4 ladies mention made me feel at home. There are also an more seasoned (older) Lady in the restaurant who greeted me Daily at the restaurant and was always very friendly. I really enjoyed my stay here primarily do to the above staff member mentioned and believe they all deserve and raise or bonus.
I believe the 5 names are Tiara, Jacqueline, Brittany, Alex and Linda.
Thanks again for a wonderful stay

Room Tip: Excellent Staff Excellent Hotel Stay