DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Reviewed December 5, 2012

It was a pleasure to stay at your hotel! The staff at the check in was very welcoming. Chocolate chip cookie was a highlight, so later I had to pretend once again that I was a new visitor to get another one.
I am a touring musician being on the road for the last 2 months across US and Canada.
Your hotel was definitely one of the best!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Flyzoom:

Good morning and hello from St. Louis. I loved your review of our DoubleTree. We will provide you with all the cookies you would like. Perhaps we can work out some sort of a "Music for Cookies" trade, the next time you travel to St. Louis, Mo. Thank you for your business and for this review and come do come back soon.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I would just like to take a moment and thank the amazing front desk staff. I had the pleasure of dealing with three top notch women who helped make my stay in St. Louis a memorable one. Alex, Michelle, and Anette were nothing but a pleasure to deal with in the check in/ check out process. When I called in to make my reservation, Alex found out that I was coming in for my birthday and apron my arrival I had chocolate covered strawberries waiting for me. What a great touch!!!
Thanks again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Matt J. from Jackson Mo:

Thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton St. Louis/Westport. We are proud of our Front Desk Staff, and your kind words describing those three ladies are much appreciated. Birthdays are important landmarks that beg to be recognized and celebrated. The DoubleTree by Hilton staff here are pleased that you allowed us to be part of your celebration. Keep celebrating life and your birthdays, Matt J. from Jackson, and come back to our DoubleTree so we can all celebrate again.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We were in town visiting family prior to Thanksgiving. We found the location very convenient and the service was outstanding. Our room, on the 7th floor, was quiet and comfortable and we enjoyed the daily breakfast buffet very much. We would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear TakeMe2Abeach:

Thank you for choosing our DoubleTree by Hilton for your stay last week. I appreciate you highlighing our convenient location in St. Louis County, for calling our Service Outstanding. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast in Copperfield's Restaurant. Please come back soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our company hosted a physician lecture for the community. The service staff was excellent, as was the A/V technician. Food and beverage were nicely presented and good quality. Hotel is modern and meeting room is easily visible from the lobby. What stood out was the level of service from many different employees--we utilize hotels for many meetings but never have I had this many staff members check on me. Our food service captain even made me my own plate of fruit and cookies and was very hospitable!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Ksb3198:

Thank you for allowing this DoubleTree by Hilton to Host your Physicians Lecture. I really am pleased that you wrote such nice things about our hotel and staff. I have passed on your comments to our management and staff. We all appreciate the business and hope that you will be returning to the DoubleTree by Hilton St. Louis/Westport soon!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The facilities were very good for our event. We did, however, have a couple of concerns with housekeeping items. The most important thing for use was you staff who were wonderful to work with. Dan and Bruce did nothing but help us in anyway they could. Sometimes in ways that were probably above and beyond. Your staff was kind, considerate and always willing to help us as well. Each staff person I encountered had a smile for me and was quick to help. It is a pleasure working with folks who can be flexible and make things work in situations. We have had great comments from our guests and volunteers as well. Thank you for a great event!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear LHSA5401:

Thank you for having your fund raising auction at our DoubleTree by Hilton. We have enjoyed hosting the event the past few years and we're sad that your event has outgrown our hotel, but thankful that you are keeping it within our LHM family, here in St. Louis. I was glad to read that staff was "Wonderful to work with". Thank you for recognizing Bruce Winter and Dan Goszewksi, and thanks for calling the staff kind and considerate. I also appreciate the feedback on housekeeping. We look forward to working with you again.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were welcomed at the front desk by Adam. He was a gracious ambassador of the hotel and a harbinger of the excellent service to come. I am a Hilton VIP Gold member, and we were given a room on the 10th floor on the residential side of the building.The room and bath were roomy, well appointed, and very clean.The bed was what I have come to expect from a Hilton hotel -- so comfortable that I was asleep in 5 minutes. We took advantage of the hotel's indoor pool and hot tub spa. Both were clean, the water warm, and there were plenty of fresh towels. I availled myself of a drink at the bar one evening.The bartender did not have tomato juice to go with my vodka, but she walked all the way to the kitchen and was able to return with a V-8 (which also worked).
We ate breakfast each day at the hotel restaurant. It was superb, and I would highly recommend it. Greeting us each morning was the ever-cheerful, always-eager-to-please Jongae. She made every restaurant guest feel special and was ever attentive. The freshly-prepared omelettes were our favorite, but a close second were the assorted muffins.Yum! There were so many choices that even a picky eater would have had no trouble finding something to satisfy himself. I also ate dinner in Copperfields and found the menu to be generous with its choices and fairly priced.
I would have given this marvelous hotel 5 stars, however we had problems adjusting the thermostat in our room and it stayed at 69 degrees -- a bit too chilly for us Floridians. But, overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel when in the St. Louis area; I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Chugginaway:

Thank you for staying with us this month. I am glad you used and like our hot tub and pool. I especially like that you highlighted our breakast. Those assorted muffins are something new that Doubletree introduced earlier this year, and they have been well received.
I like how you described Ms. Yong Ae Watson of Copperfields. "Ever Cheerful" is a very fitting way to describe Yong Ae. Thank you also for the feedback on the thermostats, and please do come back soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at the DoubleTree for a Softball tournament and it was completely full every night. Even though busy, the hotel staff was extremely helpful and accomodating. Would not hesitate to come back. I was especially appreciative to Jacqueline at the front desk for helping us have a great weekend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear KS Fog from Kansas:

Thank you for staying with us for the recent volleyball tournament. We liked being called "helpful & accomodating". I am also glad you will be returning to visit us if something else brings you back to St. Louis. I have copied Jacqueline, our guest services agent, on your review, and I have thanked her for providing you with good customer. I have also shared the review with my staff. Do come back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
#6 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Comfort Inn Westport
Comfort Inn Westport
#10 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!