“Stayed for a convention attending downtown St. Louis”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a nice hotel. Very accommodating and does a great job in making the customer stay a pleasant one. I was traveling with my mother who is a senior with limited mobility. I had forgotten to acquire if they had handicap rooms available with safety features. After we arrived and was settled into our reserved room I called the front desk and asked if by chance if they had shower chair for the tub and a rubber bath mat. The tub was a little slippery as no slip-proof strips were in the tub. They quickly bought in a chair and safety mat within minutes. There are a few suggestions I would like to make. There needs to be a full-length mirror in the bedrooms. There were no mirrors in the bedroom at all only one in the bathroom. Bathrooms need air vents because the mirror fogged up badly. Also, need to have install towel racks in the bathrooms. Overall, our stay was a good one.

Room Tip: Beware If you have adjourning rooms they are not sound proof. No mirrors at all in the bedroom only...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear sweetpea25:

You are very sweet! Thank you for staying with us and thank you for this review. The only rooms that don't have full length mirrors in the rooms are some of the rooms with connecting doors. The majority of the mirrors go right in that spot where the connecting door would be. We are considering installing some narrower mirrors in those handful of rooms that don't have the mirrors, and it is just a handful. The rooms that don't have towel racks, actually had the towels placed under the sink in a built-in wood shelf. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

That was an amazing stay in Double tree hotel. Perfect and cozy room. Great swimming pool and jacuzzi and sport center and business center. I had all I need during my stay and a perfect reception with a cookie. I'll definitely come back and also think of others Double Tree for my next trips. I didn´t know these hotels before and i´m convinced now!
I had also dinner at the restaurant and the meals were delicious and a super service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Gaelle C:

Thank you for staying with us recently. I am glad to hear that you will definitely come back to our DoubleTree by Hilton. Your comments about the pool, jacuzzi, and the fitness center are much appreciated. Please come back soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Love the hotel - clean, SUPER team friendly for a softball event. More breakfast options would ahve been nice for a longer stay (we were there for 3 days) but still a great hot breakfast was the best way to start the day for 24 players, their parents, coaches and families! Elevator doors are silent even if you are on the elevator wall.

Room Tip: anywhere in hotel are great! there is not a bad room in the place!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Michele B from Bristol Wisconsin:

Thank you for staying with us last weekend. It was a busy, but fun weekend for our staff. I am so pleased that you loved the hotel and highly recommend it to other teams. We love having teams, and the softball teams, last weekend, were easy to service. We try to be "Team Friendly". We realize that the teams, like everyone else, have many choices and hotels to choose from. Glad you stayed with us and hope you do come back to see us when in St. Louis.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I am the manager of an Under-9 boys soccer team and booked this hotel through a group block. The property was very well maintained and the decor was modern and nice. Rooms were nice and clean. As a group we had a team breakfast (along with the many other teams staying in the hotel that weekend) in one of the conference rooms. I was expecting a little more than what was provided but it worked. The only major problem we had was the hockey team coach who had a room directly across the hall from us. His teenage boys literally sat outside our door talking because they were waiting on their meeting time with their coach. Mind you - this was between 10:30-11:30pm and our team had to be at the soccer fields at 7am the next morning. My husband went down to the front desk and eventually I went down as well. I was satisfied by the front desk staff's prompt reaction to this coach as I stood and watched from my room's peep hole as they came right up to talk with him. That prompt response by the staff saved the experience for us. I would definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear AAL77:

I am glad that your hockey team chose our DoubleTree by Hilton for your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. My staff and I really appreciate the business from the sports teams, especially the hockey teams. I am so glad to hear that someone from our staff quickly responded to your noise complaint and addressed the situation. I hope you do return to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My first trip to St. Louis. I was a guest travelling for business in October.The quality of the accommodations and staff was excellent. In particular Chris Moore (at the front desk) was always was very professional and efficient with any immediate requests. His excellent customer service skills are worth mentioning. I look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Adam W:

I am glad you were able to stay at our DoubleTree by Hilton for your first trip to St. Louis. Thank you for calling the staff "Excellent" We were all glad that you look forward to returning in the future to our hotel. Please look me up when you get back. I was just returning from vacation this morning, and I was able to communicate to Chris as he was leaving after working all night, that I read your review last night. Chris just started with us two months ago working night audit, and we really like having him here. I hope you come back soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

The room was great. Clean. Quality through and through. I still love getting a cookie when I check in. I was there for a wedding and it lived up to my expectations. Would definitely stay there again if I happen to be in the St. Louis area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear dmalato2:

Thank you for staying at our DoubleTree by Hilton while attending a wedding in St. Louis. I appreciate that you used the word "Quality" to describe our hotel. You said that you would definitely stay at our hotel again when you come back to St. Louis, and I really hope that you do.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

It's a 10 minute shuttle ride from the airport or about $25 in a cab so not that much.

Really friendly welcome on checking in from Jacqueline which was nice after a long journey. The rooms are spacious and perfectly pleasant with decent size bathrooms and lots of nice extras - bathrobe, ironing board, bottled water in the fridge. Only issue for me was the rather noisy air conditioner.

Decent breakfast with quick service, and we found the bar staff to be very friendly also on the late shift. I used the pool and gym, which for a "small" hotel gym was above average with good equipment. The shuttle can take you to Westport Plaza in the evening if you want, or alternatively it's an easy 15 minute walk on sidewalks all the way. Lots of restaurant/bar choice there if you want.

I got to downtown St Louis in an hour and a bit using a combination of bus and metro which thanks to google maps/route planner these days was pretty straightforward. All in it cost about $6 for the round trip....!

So in conclusion a sound choice, clearly well run, good staff and at reasonable cost

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Gibble1979:

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review. I will make sure that Jacqueline and the rest our staff read your review. We are glad you recognized the friendly welcome. Thank you for highlighting the bar staff service. Yes, Wesport Plaza is either a short drive or short walk from our DoubleTree. I hope you come back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
#6 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Comfort Inn Westport
Comfort Inn Westport
#10 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!