DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Kansas City, Missouri
“Love it!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Great hotel and awesome service. They really go above and beyond to do what they can to make your stay perfect. Jacqueline Robertson at the front desk is just wonderful and honestly, she's a large reason in why I give Doubletree service 5 stars.

In addition to the service, the breakfast is wonderful with a variety of choices and the location of the hotel is great. It's right next the Westport plaza, which there is plenty to do.

Thanks Doubletree for a great stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear CS S:

I am glad that you took the time to compose this flattering review of our DoubleTree by Hilton. We like to think we are great hotel with awesome service. Thank you for giving a "shout out" to Jacqueline Robertson of our Guest Services staff. She has been recognized two other times in the last three weeks. Way to go Jacqueline! I like our breakfast too! DoubleTree had us add some items earlier in the year. I love the new muffins and croissants. Please keep coming back and thank you.

Dan Gough

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
St. Louis, Mo.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The entire staff at the Doubletree Hotel St. Louis Westport continually goes above and beyond to provide a world class customer experience. One staff member in particular...Yongae, a member of the dinning staff is fabulous. She truly understands the importance of providing an excellent dinning experience. From the time she greets you at the door with her welcoming smile to the many times she checks to see if you need anything, her commitment to ensuring your experience is the best it can be is unwavering, She learns what you like, calls you by name (no matter how long in between hotel stays), and she is always willing to go that extra mile.

Dear Daniel:

Thank you for your business and thank you for staying with us. You are very kind. Thank you for recognizing Yong Ae. Anyone that has ever been to the DoubleTree for breakfast knows Yong Ae. She is amazing, truly amazing. Everything you said about her is correct. We love her here and so do all of our guest. I hope you keep coming back.

Tulsa
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Overall, our stay was good. Upon making my reservation, I had asked to have our coaches room near my players rooms so I could more adequately supervise them. I was not. And while it was no problem, I can see where it has the potential to be.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Jerri B:

Thank you for staying with us last weekend. I hope your young ladies fared well playing volleyball. I am glad that your overall stay was good. I will check with the front desk and convention services to see why the coaches were not closer to your players. Thank you for taking the time to compose this review and I hope you do return to our DoubleTree by Hilton.

Peotone, Illinois
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Do not expect much from the front desk staff when you have a noise complaint. The outside building and grounds did not seem very clean or well maintained. Area around the hotel was sketchy. I would not recommend staying with small children.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kristina C
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Kristina C:

We are very sorry the noise issue you encountered druing your stay at our DoubleTree. Your comfort and safety is our number concern, and I appreciate that this was brought to my attention. In the first survey, that you completed, you wrote, "I was not aware that I could have the front desk intervene if I called in a noise complaint". Please know, that you certainly can complain about noise to the front desk at our DoubleTree. We could have put a stop to the noise immediately. That is why we staff with multiple people even during the slowest of times. I've reached out to our grounds keeping staff to addres the area, including the landscaping, surrounding our property. Thank you feedback.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Super nice hotel, great price, lots of parking and Jacqueline Robertson at the front desk is just great. Only downside is no free internet. who charges for that now? The cookies are a nice touch. The area is safe and off the main roads lots of restaurants at westport, there is an onsite restaurant but haven't tried it.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Mattp:

It is good to be "loved", and we appreciate it. Thank you for calling our DoubleTree, super nice. I appreciate you recognizing Jacqueline. Basic internet will be complimentary to all some time in 2013. You have to try our restaurant or you can have the same menu in our Lobby Bar. Thank you for calling our area safe. I don't think you can find a much safer area.
Come back soon!

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The people here really make a difference. Front desk is genuine, and very welcoming, and I always look forward to a DoubleTree Cookie.

The room is very modern with a flat screen TV, refrigerator underneath it, and a good coffee maker including real half&half's which I appreciate. The bed is very very comfortable and noise was not an issue for me, and my room was facing the highway. Bathroom has plenty of counter space, and shower pressure was perfect. The bath towels were also very soft and plush.

I treated myself to room service and the the food was very good. Lots of choices on the menu, but I chose the Cobb Salad which was huge, fresh and delicious. Linda delivered my food quickly and with a friendly smile. I've also eaten at the restaurant and the sandwiches are really good too; all reasonably priced.

Not a lot of options within walking distance, but if you have a car there are lots of options for restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear TheoKitty916:

Thank you for staying with us at our DoubleTree by Hilton. I am glad you named your review "Comfortable Stay". I think that our people do make the difference and the Front Desk is genuine. Thank you for calling our rooms modern. We are glad that you enjoyed the Cobb Salad and I appreciate you recognizing our long time server, Linda. Don't forget, Westport Plaza, is only 7 tenths of a mile from our hotel. There are new sidewalks all the way to Westport Plaza. Remember, that our Shuttle vans can go to Westport Plaza every half hour, if you don't feel like walking. We also drive to the airport and we schedule trips anywhere within five miles of our DoubleTree by Hilton. Thank you and come back soon!

Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I use this hotel several weeks a month for business. I had a few minor concerns, and the manager was extremely quick to handle them. He had since remembered my preferences, and set them up so I get exactly what I need each time I stay- along with a few extras! This is a great location with restaurants nearby and really convenient to I-270. I continue to stay because of the hospitality and convenience of location.

Room Tip: All rooms are great - no road noise at any side.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Michelle:

Thank you for staying with us. I really do appreciate you taking the time to compose and post this review for everyone to see. I agree we do have a great location here in the middle of the Westport area. We need to do a better job of promoting this. Thank you also for noting our Hospitality. We are trying very hard to earn the business we receive every day. Come back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!