DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Illinois
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

I took my mom for mother's day. Our room was very nice. The hot cookies were an added bonus. We used the hotel shuttle to Westport Plaza and that was convenient.

We went to the hot tub but it was not very relaxing. We counted at least 60 kids that were in the pool and the hot tub. It looked like a nice set up but too many kids!

The room was nice, but you did hear the cars on the highway so it wasn't real quiet.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dangough, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, May 13, 2011
Thank you for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton/St. Louis at Westport. I appreciate that you took the time to write a review. Thank you for thinking of our hotel for your trip with your Mother on her special day. All the comments are welcome and have been shared with our management staff. If you would like to contact me at Dgough@doubletreewestport.com with some more information, I can check on that room to see if some better form of soundproofing could be installed to make things more peaceful and quiet.

I am glad you had a good time and hope that you return to see my staff and I soon.

Dan Gough

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2011

Stayed there for 4 days on a business trip as my corporate Headquarter is nearby.

The airport transfer from STL Airport is complimentary and very good, spacious bus and good drivers, frequency about every 15 minutes.
Reception is efficient, you get a warm cookie on arrival (love it) and the room is spacious and the bed very comfy. Bathroom clean and toiletries delivered of decent quality.
Nice swimmingpool and also a fitness room for free, free internet in lobby area, cosy bar for a drink in the evening. Good coffee making facilite

Hotel is well maintained, but for some reason 3 of the lamps in my room where unplugged so I had to move the couch and bed to get them plugged in. Aircon works very efficient, but somehow blows on bed, could get you a cold if left on all night. Internet connection in room not very reliable, and online IT support line is a hit or miss, not always professional. No idea why US hotel bathtubs are always that low, so not really a bathtub, more a shower with bathtub size, but working well. Hotel is a little bit in the midst of nowhere and streets partially missing sidewalks, but you can use the airport shuttle bus to get you to Westport plaza a bout a mile away with restaurants and bars, as it also stops there for the Sheraton on its way to and from the airport. fitness room a little bit on the cramped side, not really big.

Overall a pleasant stay though, will return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JuWe
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Thank you for staying with us at the Doubletree by Hilton, St. Louis at Westport. I appreciate all the comments and will share your review with my management and supervisory staffs. We have had problems with the internet connection this week while we switch to a new and faster provider. This should all be completed in a couple of days. Migration over to new Hi-Def channel selection was completed two weeks ago, and we are almost ready to flip the switch to our new internet provider, marking the culmination of this two-phase project, upgrading our technology.

I share your frustation with the lack of sidewalks on Craigshire road. Maryland Heights is in the middle of beautifying and expanding our road. We have several months to go, but when the project is finished, we will have new sidewalks, and wider lanes.

I have already spoke to our Housekeeping manager about the unplugged lamps in your room. Thank you again for the feedback and please come back soon.

Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

My company booked a two-night stay here for me when I was sent to St. Louis for training. The hotel was very nice. First the pros - Housekeeping was top notch. The room was spotless and at the end of the first day, I received all new soaps and shampoos even though I hadn't put much of a dent in mine. The front desk staff was excellent and eager to help with a problem, (more on that later). On-premises restaurant was convenient. The indoor pool was sparkling clean.
Now the cons - I perceived a lack of coordination at first. The problem I mentioned was the first room I was given was not made up. I called the front desk and the same lady I spoke with asked me to come back down and I was immediately switched to a clean room. However it wasn't until this trip back down that I was given a packet of information that my company gives people there for training such as when to catch the shuttle bus to the local office. I eventually wrote this off to just myself being a bit cranky after the four-hour drive. The first evening was fantastic, but my second and final night there was restless. A party was going on in one of the banquet rooms and it spilled out into the hallway with people milling around shoulder to shoulder, impeding access to the restaurant and pool. At 11:30, just about the time I had gotten to sleep, several "chatty women" decided to hold a conversation in the hall outside my door. I realize that there was little the hotel could do about their manners, but they could have controlled the party a little better. One other little peeve: The rich, expensive food on the restaurant's dinner menu. Now my company picked up the tab for everything, but we often send people there for training for up to two weeks. Eating that stuff and not getting any "comfort foods" for that length of time will get you down.
However I would recommend Doubletree Westport.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, April 10, 2011
Thank you for staying with us at the Doubletree by Hilton, St. Louis at Westport and for posting your review of our hotel. I am glad that you stayed with us and that your company chose our hotel for your business. You made some very astute observations. My staff and I appreciate the feedback and the nice comments about the service. I will meet tomorrow with our Food & Beverage and Convention Services Management team to see what we can do regarding crowd control and keeping peace and quiet. All Doubletrees are now officially "Doubletree by Hilton". Because of this we have to change all of our collateral material including menus. Since the menus have to be re-printed in the restaurant and for room service we are going to evaluate every items, and make some changes. Thank you again for staying with us. I hope your return soon!

Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

Stayed here on business, by myself. This is my third stay at a DoubleTree property, but the first time I felt that I didn't get the proper bang for the buck.

Up front, I will say that the front desk staff could teach a class on how to do it. The two of them that I saw most often were unflappable, professional and were walking encyclopedias of both hotel procedures/functions and the surrounding area.

However, as the week went on, my experiences trended toward the average.

The first thing to do is to get far, far away from the hotel's restaurant. It was bad enough that, although some of our meals were paid for by our employer, several of us skipped eating here based on food quality and especially the price. My first night there, I ordered a $30 pasta dish that was barely edible. Breakfast fare was a little better, but a running theme all week was if there was meat in the dish, there was also too much grease.

The hotel bar is lovely, but strangely laid out, very long yet shallow. The two ladies running the bar were ill-equipped to deal with so many people at once. Very simple drinks took too long to make and even longer to deliver.

The room itself was also a mixed bag, but I'll give the hotel the benefit of the doubt as to my biggest complaint: A broken bed. I had a double room, so I was able to simply move to the second bed, but how anyone missed a bed broken so badly that it visibly tilted sort of astounds me. Once I changed beds, though, everything else went great. This was the best bathroom I've had in a hotel in quite some time: Hot water came right on cue and was easily adjustable, the quality of the materials was high and the towels were soft.

Climate control in the room was good enough, although the thermostat apparently has some nannyism to it, as you couldn't really get it as cool as you might have wanted. The TV is a flatscreen with great picture quality, but the universal remotes force you to move up or down through the channels one at a time; the keypad is non-functioning.

Overall, the staff made this hotel tolerable for me. The manager would be well advised to hire a consultant for his/her food service department, though.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ConStar8788
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for three nights and was very impressed with the hotel's convenient location to the interstates, its friendly staff, who offered terrific driving directions to nearby attractions, and the intimate and funky bar area. When I did not have a car, the complimentary shuttle service to Westport (which also goes to the airport) was very convenient. I did not use either of them, but the pool area and the fitness center looked very clean and attractive. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel on my next trip to St. Louis.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dangough, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Doubletree St. Louis at Westport. Our hotel, and our competitors, are receiving more reviews every week. These reviews really allow to chart our progress, see where we are doing well, and where we need to pay attention to some details or services. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our service and the transportation. I hope you come back soon, and I promise you that I will share your comments with my staff.

Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and would recommend it without reservation! Our stay was extremely comfortable, the rooms were very nice and quiet, and we enjoyed it thoroughly. The hotel provides a convenient, free shuttle to and from the airport and to places within a 3 mile radius. That was very helpful in getting us to West Port (?), where there are a bunch of restaurants, etc. so we didn't have to eat in the hotel all the time. The hotel also has computers for free use for guests. The personnel were extremely nice and helpful with directions and other things. Loved our stay and would definitely be glad to go back!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us at the Doubletree St. Louis at Westport. My staff and I take all of our guest comments seriously. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and liked our decor. I am most pleased that you like our staff, at Doubletree, we think it is all about our people and we are working very hard to improve everday. We know we have to strive everyday to earn your business, so when you write that you recognize our efforts to be friendly, we know we are on the right track. We won't stop working to earn your business every day.
Come back soon!

Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2011

My son and I spent New Year Eve at the Double tree Hotel. My son loved the indoor pool and everyone was very nice and friendly. The rooms were VERY up to date and the beds were comfortable!! They also have a shuttle that will take u back and forth to Westport Plaza. I would stay there again!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am very glad to hear that our hotel, the Doubletree St. Louis at Westport was part of a very good New Years Eve. My staff and I had a good time working that night and we were hoping we converted some first time visitors to loyal customers. Please note that your feedback is taken seriously and it also shared with our associates and discussed at our weekly Satisfaction and Loyalty Tracking meeting. You would not believe how excited the staff and I get when we read these positive comments. We also like to read the critical comments. It is almost as if we are borrowing the guest's pair of eyes when reading these reviews. Keep the reviews for all the hotels flowing and come back soon to Doubletree. We are all about providing a great experience in 2011. In six months we will have all new signage. The Doubletree Website just received a whole new facelift this week. Check us out and come back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Downtown
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!