Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stayed for 7 nights here in December. It was cold outside but nice and warm in our room.
The staff was very friendly and often asked if there was anything we needed. We had a minor problem with our TV (no HD reception), and they responded within minutes of my call. The room was spacious, well appointed and comfortable. The morning breakfasts and evening dinners (both included) were nicely prepared, had good variety and were plentiful. There are also lots of great restaurants nearby. We had an evening flight home and they let us stay in our room until 3:PM. Great stay,

Room Tip: Best rooms are on second floor, away from highway.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
chuck s, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your stay with us. We always appreciate when people let us know how we are doing. I look forward to passing on your kind words to the staff and the department heads.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Chuck Schoene

Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stayed during the world series and the location was perfect. About 30 minutes from downtown St. Louis and easy access to the highway. Rooms are very spacious and have their own full kitchens. The housekeeping could have been a little bit better, toilet paper was not replaced on one of the days. Overall though it was clean. Free hot breakfast in the morning was very nice. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Cubs_Fan007

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent experience with us at the Residence Inn St. Louis / Westport. I will be passing on your comments both positive and constructive to the team and especially in Housekeeping.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

35 days since I checked out, hotel (Residence Inn By Marriott St Louis Westport) is yet to credit the amount ($220) that they block for security reasons (as against promised time of 3-4 days)
I checked in on 22nd October, Saturday and checked out on 24th Oct, Monday. Worst part, there is any contact e mail adress, and when I call (and its evening / night for them), front desk will say they dont know anything about it and the 'concerned person is not available' so call in the morning (which is mid night for me), they dont even share a e mail address of the concerned person to call.

This is nothing but agony .. i only wish they could at least contact me and day they dont want to pay and I will be happy for this charity .. at least i wont have this follow up /uncertainity.

Worthless practices while handling customer information and money.

Pankaj Arora

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
chuck s, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Mr. Arora,
I am very sorry about the problems you have had in getting your money released from your hold. I was only brought aware of the situation Monday from another property you had contacted about the extended hold.

Now that we are aware, we are researching it and will have any hold released right away. Again I am very sorry an understand how frustrating a situation like this can be.

Chuck Schoene General Manager

Reviewed October 1, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised with this property. Room 921 was a large queen bed room (no fireplace), sitting area, nice flat screen TV, 2 closets and the kitchen area. Room was comfortable enough, I had no issues with the internet connection. The highlight of my stay was the nightly reception. I was shocked that it wasn't just cheese and crackers and other finger foods. I didn't have to go out to dinner for 3 of my 4 nights because of the meals offered at the hotel. Breakfast was good as well.

The only 3 very minor issues that I had with the room were:
- no screened windows. It was beautiful and sunny 70+ degrees each day and it would have been nice to just open the windows for fresh air. Some of the bottom floor rooms did have screens, but I don't stay in ground level rooms.
- Even with the digital thermostat, I found it a tiny bit hard to regulate the temp in the room. Might just be because it was such a BIG room.
- Plenty of direct TV channels but NO BRAVO :-(

I liked it here a lot and would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
chuck s, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

First let me say thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Westport Plaza. We appreciate your patronage and your kind words. We consistently try to go above and beyond the expectations of our guests and is very encouraging to see it so well received in our evening reception.

Regarding your three areas you mentioned, we are looking for solutions. We are currently in the process of bidding and ordering screens to allow this comfort for our second floor guests as well as our first floor guests. I understand trying to get that right temp through out the whole room is a bit frustrating but as you said size of the room plays into that. We have had maintenance look into it as well making sure not a mechanical issue. We can look at channel options when our new contract time comes around, and see about maybe adding a few key channels such as BRAVO.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Chuck Schoene| General Manager|

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nice hotel and the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and nice to have your own kitchen .the whirlpool was being remodelled so did not get to use that, otherwise great visit.

• Stayed: June 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I will pass on your works of kindness to the staff and kitchen who both work very hard to deliver a Memorable stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Westport Plaza.

Would also like to personally apologize regarding the spa. That can be a bit frustrating not having an expected amenity. We have currently shut it down for the season, but will be back up and running for the summer of '12.

Chuck Schoene| General Manager|

Reviewed August 11, 2011

The lady running the breakfast area was wonderful! She was SO nice and went above and beyond for everyone I saw her interact with! Love the rooms and great shower! Shower is a big deal for me!! Loved it!!

• Stayed: July 2011
RIGMSTL, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2011

Thank you so much for you kind words, I will pass on your comments to Colisha during our daily staff huddle. One of the best ways to maintain a great service oriented staff is to share with all employees positive comments about the staff, Colisha will love it. I'm glad you enjoyed the shower as well, we strive to put the highest Marriott quality amenities in our rooms to make each guests stay a great experience.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and I welcome you back so Colisha and all our staff have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Mark Stevens

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Our only complaints were the pool was overcrowded most of the time and there weren't enough seating areas for families of four or more at breakfast. It didn't help when a person would sit by themselves to eat at a four-person table. We had to split up our first day and sit at seperate tables.

The room looked just like it does in pictures.... clean and new. The only thing the kitchen didnt have that we could have used was a pizza cutter. Otherwise it was fantastic like the quiet, private feel of a cabin with a hotel level of cleanliness.

We brought our own basketballs in case there weren't any to check out. The other patrons were friendly and shared the half-court and even got a game going every night we were there.

We probably will not come back if it's in the hot summer months because the pool is too small. Any other time though it will be at the top of our list.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#1 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#8 of 18 in Maryland Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza? Share your experiences!