Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Everything about this hotel is pretty average. Nothing to complain about except the exercise room is a joke - it's a closet with a treadmill in it. And the hotel, rooms etc are rather old and dated feeling. Parking is free, which is nice. It's also a conference hotel, so tons of business folks. The location is great. I do, however, wish there were better hotels to choose from in the Westport/Creve Coeur general area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
SheratonWestportPlz, Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2010

Thank you for staying at Sheraton Westport Hotels, glad to hear that you have enjoyed some of the in room amneties & the restaurants in the plaza. Effective this winter, the hotel will be having a million dollar renovation including total rehab of lobby , fitness center, restaurant & guestrooms that will include new flat panel TV's. This renovation is expected to be compled fall 2011. Thank you for your time & wish to see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 23, 2010

Westport plaza location had bars, restaurants with in the complex so I didn't feel trapped in the hotel only. Updated rooms offered modern baths, small marble foyer with storage, and very comfortable beds, altho' rooms need a flat screen t.v. . Starbucks single serve coffee in the room was a nice touch, decent toiletries and adequate towels, hotels at this price point need to offer free Internet, as many of their competitors do. Lobby, restaurant and room hallways look worn and very dated, an update is needed sooner than later, Lobby bar had been partially updated however. WHY WHY don't hotels pay attention to their " fitness room" ? This property had 2-3 day old newspapers in the room, looked as tho towels hadn't been replentished/removed in 2-3 days. Small very cramped room with cheap half broken cardio machines, free weights and universal type machines crammed in hardly enough room to move. LISTEN UP : if you want to offer a fitness room to business travellers then buy higher end cardio machines, keep them cleaned and maintained, and the next time you remodel make a bigger space and for gosh sakes have a staff member at least put daily newspapers and fresh towels and clean that room daily ! Don't tell me you do because you don't ! Biz travellers want to exercise and can't in your broken down, crummy fitness room ! Ask for a room facing the pond/fountain/pool, at least you get a little bit of a view and maybe your room may have a balcony, too.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2010

It was ok! Nothing to brag about! the name Sheraton did not represent their good name.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We checking into the hotel at 10 p.m. staff was nice. We went to our first room but had to leave because there was a blood stain on the sheets. We called down to the front desk and she changed our room and gave us free buffet coupons. The second room was okay but it wasn't the cleanest there was hair on the walls and by the bath tub. The rooms still have the big tv's which is weird because generally once most people have things like flat tv's hotels usually have the same. The buffet was said while it had hot food the french toast seems very stale and the eggs were somewhat runny. I would not recommend this hotel to any one I think you could do better for less money.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank 715traveler
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I attended a convention which booked the hotel, and I stayed with my daughter and teenage granddaughter in our room. We were there for five days.

On the plus side was the easy,prompt airport pick up and return trips on the Sheraton shuttle, attractive contemporary room decor in our recently remodeled room, very comfortable bedding, excellent banquet food far exceeded expectations.

On the negative side were front desk personel who seemed clueless on how to delivery helpful, accommodating customer service other than punch the keys on the computer; housekeeping services who appeared unaware exactly what their job entailed when tending the room, and the bathroom which needed more than the daily run through cleaning. Mold on tiles, grime in corners, dusty doors all speak to the need for a thorough cleaning from top to bottom. Sparking bathrooms in hotels are a must for me.

It's too bad that my major complaints about the Sheraton Chalet all involve things which wouldn't cost the hotel a penny to improve and have nothing to do with the physical facility itself. Spending a great deal of money on renovations isn't going to offset the human factor. I recently read a review for another hotel that was built about the same time as the Sheraton Chalet, but has not yet been updated. Review after review commented that the level of customer care and service offset the fact the hotel was an older facility. Okay, Sheraton Chalet, you have the renovated facility, now work on how your guests are being served.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Suzanne70
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Bottom line: this hotel is older and overused...and you can tell.

The previous reviewer nailed this place on the head. My husband and I are currently staying st this hotel, as his company required him to stay here. Upon arrival, I was struck by the age of the hotel from the outside. The paint on curb was even chipped, which is never a good sign. Upon entering the lobby, my nose was filled with the musty smell of an old library, which carried throughout the hotel and its rooms.

As for cleanliness, there was a dirty cup sitting outside our door, which was in need of a new paint job itself. The carpet is stained, there appears to be lotion (I hope it's lotion) on the shower curtain, and the mirror is dirty (even after I requested housekeeping service.) There was also dental floss from the previous traveller beneath the sink (again, even after housekeeping service.)

I notice an attempt at renovation, but everything seems to be purely cosmetic and inconsistent: pretty mirrors but rusty showers, modern artwork in the rooms, but dated curtains that don't block out the light, a modern bar in the lobby but filthy carpet in the hallway, etc.

Now for some positives:
1) Comfy beds
2) Kind shuttle driver
3) Panera Bread and Starbucks next door
4) Sheets were changed upon request

I'm usually not so negative, but when you stay st a Sheraton, you have certain expectations and this property does not meet those expectations.

1  Thank txtravelsnob
SheratonWestportPlz, Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2010

I would like to take this oportunity to thank you for your recent stay with us & taking the time to write a review. Effective this winter, the hotel will be having a million dollar renovation including total rehab of lobby , fitness center, restaurant & guestrooms that will include new flat panel TV's. This renovation is expected to be compled fall 2011. Again thank you for your time & comments we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed June 18, 2010

My first room was on the 2nd floor near the very noisy highway, so I was moved to the ground level room ("Lake View")--I room I paid more for, with no view of the "lake", which is just a glorified fountain anyway. I was told this was the only available room. The room had a musty, moldy smell that was just horrible. The sheets had rust, wine and other stains. I asked for sheets to be changed the next day, and they were clean with no stains. The comforter on one of the beds had a fresh chocolate stain of some sort. ..it was just gross. The carpet in the hallways are worn and dirty. The stairways are in need of paint and cleaning. The meeting rooms are dingy. It was an awful experience all around. I coudn't wait to check out. This was by far the worst Sheraton I've every stayed at, and I will be much more hesitant to reserve at a Sheraton in the future.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
SheratonWestportPlz, Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2010

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for stayingwith us at the Sheraton Hotels in Westport. I apologize for the room conditions that you have experienced at our property and assure you that all of our rooms are not in this condition. I have informed the team with your concerns & they will definatley look into it. Again I apologize & hope you will give us another try in the near future

Gina Fayek

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis
Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St...
#9 of 17 in Maryland Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#6 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Comfort Inn Westport
Comfort Inn Westport
#10 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis - Westport

Been to Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!