“We thought we would be staying somewhere nice.”

Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Bloomington, Illinois
“We thought we would be staying somewhere nice.”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

This place is gross. It smelled stale in the lobby. The unfriendly desk clerk sent us outside to the back of the hotel to enter through an unmarked door. Upon entering, it looked like public housing stairs, and the stench was gut wrenching. Got to the room, Wrong room, of course, so then we were sent to the "luxury" part of the hotel. Got to our floor, and it had a horrible mold odor, and you could see where water had come in, down the wall, behind the wallpaper. Didn't smell the mold in the room, but the air system was bringing in air from an unusable balcony that was covered with bird feces. Gross. The bed and linens were surprisingly delightful and fresh.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
SheratonWestportPlz, Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, June 2, 2010
Thank you for letting us know about your stay at the Sheraton Lakeside Chalet. I apologize about the room conditions that you experienced at our property and assure you that all of our rooms are not in this condition. Hopefully you let the desk clerk know upon check out so that we could immediately get this room serviced. Again, I do apologize about the experience that you had at our property and hope that you come back to try us out again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Ozark, MO
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We went to this hotel for a beauty pageant. We were in room 470 which seemed to be maybe a little newer part of the hotel. There is a lot of dining nearby because it is connected to Westport Plaza. There is a Pujols 5 restaurant, an Italian resturant, a Mexican Resturant, a Coldstone Creamery, a St. Louis Bread, and a few more. We ate at Pujols 5 which was closest out the door of our hotel (maybe 100 feet) the food was really good and we had a good time eating outside. My kids had a good time. The beds in our room were just fine. Anyone that might complain about their room or the beds or anything else for that matter might be used to a 5 star hotel or something but to take a family and have a better than decent stay this is a nice place. The bellmen are extremely friendly and will help you at anytime with your bags and room service is priced reasonable not too over the top like some places. I got a Grilled Chicken sandwich (really good sandwich with fries) and a Fruit plate (really big fruit plate) for $25 and it was late at night so I didn't feel like going out with the kids. The kids ate the fruit plate up there was nothing left. :) The only con would be the $9.95 a day internet fee that was kinda silly.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
SheratonWestportPlz, Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, May 26, 2010
Thank you for commenting on your stay at the Sheraton Lakeside Chalet! We appreciate the feedback! We truly enjoy hosting large family events such as the beauty pageant that you attended. The outside eating areas are great for families and so is the outdoor pool, which will be opening this weekend! YEA! We hope that you come back to see us soon!!
st. louis
Reviewed March 7, 2010

Here's the deal. I'm not a crabby person. And I got this hotel on Priceline so it was only $50. However - this is not a 3.5 star, nor is it up to Sheraton standards.

The bedding is Sheraton, the beds are not. And no, they are not comfortable.

The shower does not work, and I notice that reviewers have been saying this since last August. When I told the woman at the front desk she said, "Aw, sorry." What else can she say i guess, they are obviously not going to fix this problem soon.

My door had been sprung at some point - it was obviously bent - as were 3 other doors on the way to the elevator. Scare me. What kind of stuff goes on in this place?

Oh, and there were bodily fluids on the chair. yikes.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Maryland Heights hotels

Manhattan
Reviewed February 22, 2010

What a cute hotel! I surprised my boyfriend for Valentine's Day with a Romance Package and we had such a great time. I sprung and extra $20 for a Club Level room and it was totally worth it! There was a great view of Westport from our room which was tucked away in a private tower and it looked beautiful with the fresh snow on the ground. All the restaurants are within steps of the door so we didn't have to worry about finding a parking spot and more importantly driving (especially after a couple bottles of wine!). We chose Dierdorf & Hart's which had a great wine selection and the surf & turf was incredible. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tasha_KP
Central IL
Reviewed February 7, 2010

I brought my husband to stay at this hotel for an annual toy tractor show that is held here in all the conference rooms. (Exciting, I know!) I figured this way I could hang in the room with a book while he walked around all evening. I booked a junior suite with a lake view. This place is huge! Check in took about 45 seconds. The room was very large and the bed was a very big king with nice sheets and fluffy comforters and pillows. Very comfortable. There was a couch/small table & chairs in a small alcove with a flat screen. Tv was available in the bedroom area too for watching from bed. Very nice bathroom. Even though the hotel was packed I never had any issues with hot water or water pressure. The rest of the hotel was lovely. I think it would be great for a wedding. Nothing appears worn or dirty. Just a really nice place. Cool hotel bar overlooks the lake with a fireplace and neat little chairs and tables for 4. Candles everywhere. One side of the hotel was available for people to open their rooms and sell the toys out of them. The rooms were smaller than ours but still, we went in a lot of the rooms and they appeared just as nice with the same quality of linens on the beds. We were about 2 room blocks from the elevators and never had a problem with noise. My only complaint: I specified a lake view but my window opened out to a very ugly tar roof with ac units. No water to be seen except the melting snow pond on the tar. Nice. I didn't complain or ask to be moved because everything else was fine and we didn't plan on spending that much time in the room. Didn't matter in the long run. But they should know better than that. And no free wi-fi in the rooms. Come on...it's 2010. Catch up.
The plaza area is kind of weird too. I imagine it was somewhat deserted due to it being winter and probably fills up in the summer. It seemed nice just lonely. I can't imagine they do much business in the restaurants with anyone besides the hotel people. We ordered in pizza so I can't comment on any of their menus. Oh...the rooms have starbucks and tazo teas which I thought was a nice touch. All in all this is a great hotel especially for the price.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank nevergets2go
SheratonWestportPlz, Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, February 9, 2010
Thank you for letting us know about your stay at the Sheraton Westport Lakeside Chalet. I do apologize that you did not recieve the lakeview room requested, however am glad that the suite made up for the room type issue. The two room suites we have are fabulous. You can sleep in one room and rest and relax in the other! We love the Toy Show, it is one of our favorite events of the year, I am glad that you enjoyed it and we hope to see you again next year!
Kentucky, God's Country!
Reviewed January 24, 2010

I don't think you could beat the amenities, location, comfort or atmosphere. Room was recently renovated and on par with the best of Hampton Inn, many Marriott hotels, etc. The village like surroundings and restaurant selections all add to make this an ideal romantic getaway location at a great price. The seafood buffet on Friday & Saturday during the main season is worth the trip by itself. By the way, there is free wireless internet in the lobby but high speed in rooms is at a fee--only negative. There are 5 free Sony VAIO high end workstations in the lobby with free printing resources--very nice. Would be a great place for meetings!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JTBTN
SheratonWestportPlz, Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, January 27, 2010
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us at the Sheraton Westport Lakeside Chalet! We love guest feedback! The LINK@ Sheraton (our business center) in the lobby is one of our favorite items in the hotel also! We hold quite a lot of meetings at our property and we would love to host more, so thank you for letting people know that we would be a good choice for their events! Thank you again for letting us know about your stay and we hope to see you back again soon!
Bloomington, IL
Reviewed September 27, 2009

My only advice is to request a room on one of the upper levels. Our original room on the first floor smelled like dirty water. The staff was extremely accomodating and apologetic. Our balcony view was beautiful and we enjoyed the ducks, whose quacking we could not hear with the door closed. Westport has easy access to 270 and St. Charles via Page Avenue.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank ktalcozar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis
Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St...
#8 of 17 in Maryland Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur
Courtyard St. Louis Westport Plaza
Courtyard St. Louis Westport Pla...
#7 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!