“Great hotel”

Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
“Great hotel”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very nice and has such a unique look. Every room I have ever stayed in has a nice balcony and some overlook a nice lake depending on what side you are on. The club lounge is nice and they serve nice snacks , drinks, and have a nice coffee machine. The gym is really nice and I ran on the treadmills, which are good. Im a serious runner so a good treadmill is essential for me. I have stayed in this hotel 4 different times and this last time I was upgraded to a suite since I'm a platinum member. It had a fireplace, two rooms, and was just flat out huge. Even though this hotel is a little older, it looks different than a traditional Sheraton and has a great vibe. The old Westport restaurant area butts up to the hotel so you can literally walk outside and be at a few nice restaurants and bars. Im very pleased with this hotel and the staff are always friendly. The hotel shuttle will pick you up from the airport, which is a little far, about a 15-20 drive from the airport. The only negative I have is I usually have to be at the airport early and their shuttle starts at 4:30. Sometimes if theres a flight crew there theyll have an early shuttle, but usually ill pay the $20 cab fare. Enjoy this hotel!!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SheratonWestportPlz, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Murunner2000,

Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to SPG.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed several stays with us and we look forward to your next visit.
I am especially pleased to hear about the helpfulness of our team members.

We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer;

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a comfortable hotel with an unusual layout (the third floor is the main floor). The restaurant is nice, as is the bar. Rooms are adequate, although finding the right water temperature in the shower is difficult. Bathrooms are a bit small. Nonetheless, the hotel is cheerful and the staff is very nice. There are several meeting rooms, so it is suitable for a business meeting.

Dear Stanner57,

Thank you for providing your review! We sincerely appreciate the feedback so we can continue to grow and offer a tranquil stay for every guest.

I have shared your comments with our engineer to correct the temperature.

We look forward to connecting with you in the near future
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Very clean hotel and room. Nice outdoor pool and sister Sheraton is right there and has indoor pool we could also use. Staff was very friendly and checkin was a breeze. We stayed a Friday in the winter and paid a great price for such a nice hotel and room. Westport plaza is a fun place with much nightlife. Definitely recommend. Go to the Trainwreck Saloon while you're there.

• Stayed December 2012
SheratonWestportPlz, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Banny9949,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your positive feedback

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and all the amenities we have to offer.

We strive to make every guest feel like they are at their home away from home and its with feedback from our guests that we continue to grow and provide great customer service.

We look forward to connecting with you in the future!
Lansdowne, Virginia
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel is in a great location in St. Louis suburbs. Lots of restaurants and bars within walking distance. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. It is right by a lot of the major highways.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
SheratonWestportPlz, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear LBean23,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your positive feedback

We are pleased you enjoyed all of the amenities we have to offer and our location was convenient for you during your stay in St. Louis

We look forward to connecting with you in the future
Ohio
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I often stay at this hotel when traveling through St. Louis (always by car) and will likely do so in the future.

It is located in a safe and convenient area called Westport, which is just off the I-270 outerbelt on the west/northwest side of town. If you are driving and this is your first visit, I recommend using your GPS or print directions beforehand. It is a bit tricky to find, even though it can be easily seen from the highway.

What I like best about this hotel is that there is an underground garage that has a doorway to the lower level of the hotel, where there are meeting rooms and a stairway to the lobby. It provides a way to stay out of the weather. There is also abundant surface parking. I believe they allow pets, or at least they used to. Many of the first-floor level rooms have a door to directly access the outside, which would be handy if you have pets.

It is an older hotel that has been updated periodically. I don't mind that not everything is brand new, but some may find this undesirable. Everything seems to work, i.e., the HVAC, plumbing, elevators, etc. Normally I am able to purchase a room at this hotel through Priceline for around $60 to $70 per night. I think it is a good value at this price.

The room has Starbucks coffee to use in the coffee maker, and there is more Starbucks coffee in the lobby in the mornings, free for guests. I've only used the restaurant once, and it was acceptable. There are several restaurants and bars in the Westport complex, within easy walking distance of the hotel. The hotel bar has a fireplace, which is cozy.

The fan on the HVAC is loud, as another reviewer mentioned, but this doesn't bother me. In fact, I normally keep the fan turned on to the low setting throughout the night, as a way of drowning out any ambient noise. I'm a light sleeper, and doors opening and closing in the hallway can be heard inside your room, which is not unusual for most hotels.

Staff members are pleasant and accommodating.

I'm dinging the property a couple of stars because of the slippery bathtubs. They have been polished with cleansers over the years (I'm guessing) and are now as smooth as glass. The tubs are slippery when wet. I mentioned this to the front desk during a previous stay last year, and as of my most recent stay, there were no changes. They really need to provide rubber mats or some type of friction strips on the tub so that one can avoid slipping.

I'll continue staying at this hotel, but wish they would fix the tubs.

Dear Retropia,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for your feedback

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and all the amenities we have to offer & the convenience of our location.

I have shared your comments regarding the bathtub with our engineer and housekeeping managers to correct.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Connie and Gina at the front desk are great. Whatever request you have they will work with you to make your stay great. Westport has tons of places to eat and some entertainment too. Rooms are always clean and comfortable and nice atmosphere. Join their rewards program and you can get free internet. Only downside is pool is outdoors so it's seasonal.

• Stayed January 2013
SheratonWestportPlz, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Matttp,

Thank you so much for the great review! I am so delighted you enjoyed your stay. I have personally thanked Connie for providing such excellent service.

We strive to make every guest feel like they are at their home away from home and its the feedback from our guests that we continue to grow and provide great customer service.

We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to St Louis
Seattke
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed in the newly remodeled wing and was awoken at 7AM with extremely loud hammering and sawing. They said it was the roof being worked on yet I was on the second floor. It did not let up all morning. Also, to correct someone's earliet post, the room service charges a 20 percent service charge plus a $3.00 delivery fee. There was also 1 person to check people in at 6pm with a long line of people. I was also greeted with a black hair under the sheets like someone else had mentioned. Maybe it's a tradition like chocolate under the pillow.

1 Thank Seattletravlr
Dear Seatletravl,

Thank you for your recent stay and for your feedback.

The experience you describe causes us deep concern. We would like to offer our sincere apologies for any frustration and anxiety that it may have caused you during your stay. Our aim and intent is to ensure all guest concerns and requests are handled quickly and efficiently.

Please accept my sincere apologies

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis
Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St...
#8 of 17 in Maryland Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Staybridge Suites St Louis - Westport
Comfort Inn Westport
Comfort Inn Westport
#7 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!