“Unique room layout - good service, good value, lots around to eat/drink at” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis

Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Unique room layout - good service, good value, lots around to eat/drink at”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Location, location, location. This hotel is surrounded by many good restaurants and places to socialize. It also has a nice bar area in the hotel itseld. Did not try the hotel restaurant. Rooms are nice and look like they have been somewhat updated but rooms are small and the layour is unique. You take and elevator down to the room levels underground from the lobby. The 1st floor rooms are at ground level with steps up to the parking area. 3 floor levels so it could take a walk to get to your room if you are at the other end furthest away from lobby and front desk. Looks like they have a nice lake and pool area though it was winter at the time of my visit. Good business hotel with lots of amenities. Only complaint - fitness area had wide array of machines and used the prior evening and the next morning. The next morning (9 or so) they had not re-stocked towels, headphones, etc...

Room Tip: closer to front desk will save you steps
    • 5 of 5 stars
SheratonWestportPlz, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Hello and thank you for your kind review.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the surrounding area of bars and restaurants.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the fitness center not being stocked.

We look forward to connecting with you in the near future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Bourbonnais, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Last weekend I stayed and had a great room in the newly remodeled tower. I decided to upgrade and had a junior suite on the First Floor, the room was clean, comfy, and had a king size bed with a nice widescreen TV, and it had a nice size living area with comfy leather couches and chairs, great work space, and another big screen TV. Service was wonderful, and the front staff exceptional. To top it all off, on monday I recieved a call from Donna asking if I had forgotten anything of value in the room, I was puzzled and couldnt remember anything off hand, as it turns out I had left my new HD camcorder behind without even noticing. Fear not, it arrived ground FedEx delivery on Wed. My hats off to you Donna, and your great team, exceeding expectations is what its all about. I look forward to staying with you again soon, should my travels take me in to the St. Louis area. Beautiful room, great service, and an honest staff........my experience!! james A

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed three nights for a hockey tournament. The hotel accommodated three teams from our club as well as many other teams.

The hotel provided a large hospitality room that the parents and kids (40+) used to hang out in the evening. Coach brought ping-pong paddles, a net, and had a couple ping-pong tournaments.

Breakfast was served in large ball room. Buffet with good scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit, pastries, muffins, toast, cereal, milk, juice, coffee, etc. No waiting in line and plenty of tables to spreadout.

The hotel did have a bar that some of the parents enjoyed.

In the Westport complex, there are plenty of restaurants in short walking distance. I went to the Hall of Fame Bar & Grill which had good flat crust pizza and the best prime rib I've had in many years.

Beds were comfortable. The shower was hot.

Had a little problem with the HVAC but nothing that was too much of an inconvenience.

Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Evansville, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We recently stayed in the Chalet on a hockey trip. The hotel rooms were average (double beds instead of queen, very small bathroom, little storage). However, the front desk staff were exceptional. There was a problem with one of my reservations, and one staff member told me there was nothing she could do about it. However, Audrey and Angie were able to fix the problem. I can't say enough about those 2! They were incredible, and they saved our trip! Thank you Audrey and Angie!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
SheratonWestportPlz, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for your feedback

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the associate that was unable to assist with the situation.

Pleased to hear that Angie and Audrey have met your expectations and went above & beyond to fulfill your needs

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

The Executive Management Staff lead by Angie at the front will keep me coming back to the hotel. She interacted in a warm, cheerful, business like manner that was unheralded by other hotels in the area.

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for staying with us and for your positive feedback

Pleased to hear that Angie and the staff have met your expectations.

We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Glen Carbon, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

When booking a room for business travel, I need a comfortable bed and a place to take a warm relaxing shower. This hotel does not offer either. The first day I returned to my room, the top blanket had a blood stain and another yellow spot the size of a silver dollar in plain sight maring its white surface. The shower was the worst part of the hotel! After pulling the nob on, it rotates 360 degrees, none of which are hot my hand went numb in the cold water waiting. Only after the tenant in the room adjacent turned their shower off did I get scalding hot water as the alternative. The next morning was more of the same but I got there first and mid shower went to freezing.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
SheratonWestportPlz, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of the problems that you encountered during your recent stay with us
It is when guests like yourself provide feedback that we are best able to make the necessary corrections.

I have addressed these issues with the Maintenance Manager and will take the necessary steps to correct these problems. I assure you that your experience is not typical for our hotel and sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to change your opinion of our establishment by staying with us again.

Again, thank you for your time, and please accept my apologies.

Travelers are raving about these Maryland Heights hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

For the money this hotel was well worth the stay. Very accomodating and convenient to restaurants. Shelly in the restaurant was great. She remembered my name each time I went.

• 5 of 5 stars
SheratonWestportPlz, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us & for your feedback

Pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us & Shelly's service in the restaurant.

We strive to make every guest feel like they are at home away from home & it's with feedback from our guests that we continue to grow and provide great customer service

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St. Louis
Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel St...
#9 of 16 in Maryland Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 393 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 16 in Maryland Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 753 reviews
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 16 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 8 in Creve Coeur
4.5 of 5 stars 305 reviews

Been to Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!