“Girls strike out”

Hampton Inn St. Louis/Westport
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Requested adjoining rooms for 7 girls from a girl scout troop and a nearby room for the leaders. They did not accommodate us. Beds were Doubles not queens. Access to breakfast area limited. Could not use Microwave at night. No in room amenities other than a single cup coffee pot.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn St. Louis/Westport

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My buddy and I stayed at this hotel after a night at the Casino and were looking for a Hilton property nearby that wasn't backed. We were on the phone with corporate and they told us to go to this hotel; which we did. This is an older Hampton Inn property that has experienced some more recent renovations to make it up to the Hanmpton Inn standard. We checked in and were pleased that at 200am they had a room with two double beds available at a decent rate ($109.00).

Our room was clean and the lighting in the room was excellent. I really enjoy the new halogen lighting in the rooms. I'm not sure if the room has been used for a while because when I started a shower it took a good 15 minutes to get warm. I was thinking that the hot water was out in the hotel and just got in for a cold shower; but it eventually warmed up. The beds were the very comfortable Hampton Inn style and the A/C, television, and door locks all worked properly. The hotel was quiet (as one should expect for 200am) and either we were dead tired or the rooms were insulated well because we didn't wake up for the typical foot traffic in the morning.

My only complaint about the property was the breakfast in the morning. Nothing was stocked (they were out of cereals, bacon, 2% milk, and the eggs were cold. The staff was not prepared to handle the large amount of guests at breakfast. Lastly, I did not (and RARELY do) get my HHonors VIP snack/water at check in at this property. Ever since Hampton Inn changed to giving out the snack at check-in; I almost never get the snack offered. Oh well. Overall a decent stay but very far from a 5-star trip advisor rating from me.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Quality experience that was stress free and enjoyable. All staff people were very friendly. The location was perfect for the business I had that touched two days. No problem finding adequate to good places to dine in the area. I always have very good luck with Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Another fine job by Hampton Inn! We booked a large block of rooms for a tournament. From the intial point of contact with Stephanie in group sales to checking out the last morning, our trip was hassle free. The rooms were well appointed, {except missing micro/fridge combo's} clean, spacious and quiet. We were on the opposite side of a very popular sports bar so that noise did not filter into our room. Breakfast was typical Hampton. Staff was extremely helpful in accommodating meeting room for team pizza dinner and courtesy van to transport group to a local pub. Well done - Hamtpon Inn Maryland Heights/Westport.

Great location and easy to find.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms do not face sports bar
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank justsoccer
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed at this Hampton Inn at the end of April and its right off the freeway and the interior of the places is amazing, the staff was very helpful and the breakfast was great all for under 100 dollars a night. Close to whatever you want to do in the St. Louis area.

Room Tip: Not much to see in the area, so just take whatever room you like.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We try to stay at Hamptons for their consistent quality. Although this is a smaller Hampton Inn, we still had a clean, comfy room and bed and excellent full breakfast. We had storms roll through St. Louis area early this morning and whole hotel lost electrical power around 6:30 this morning. Hotel personnel got power company on phone immediately. I went down stairwell for coffee and came back and used flashlight app on phone so we could have showers. Power back on in about an hour and all was well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I don't travel much but when I do I am hesitant about choosing hotels so I was nervous about this stay, but it was good. Everything was clean and quiet. I just needed to be at the Dome and it's a bit of a drive

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo