“Great and confortable”

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Miami, Florida
“Great and confortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in August 2009 for our weeding, we really liked it, clean and confortable. We had a little issue with front desk because they couldn't find our reservation but it went fine. Delicious breakfast...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Overland Park, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

This hotel has to have the thinnest walls of any that I have stayed at this year (15+). Sitting here typing this review I can hear two distinct conversations going on in the rooms to both sides of my own.

The rooms themselves are clean, which is the most important thing you can ask for in a hotel, but that's about the only nice thing I can say about this Homewood Suites.

The worst thing about this hotel, on the other hand, is the location. It is quite literally located in the middle of a parking lot that is wedged between two very busy interstate highways. There are no restaurants within walking distance...in fact, there are no restaurants that you can get to without crossing the highway. There are not even sidewalks in this dreadful area so if you are a runner like me, avoid at all costs: just very busy streets. And parking lots. Lots and LOTS of parking lots.

The Internet is terribly slow and is getting progressively worse as the night wears on.

The TV's are old tube-style (no HD).

There are a lot of smokers hanging out by the entrances - I can only assume that they are casino-goers. Regardless, it is very annoying and hints at the kind of crowd this hotel caters to.

The only reason I am staying here is because two of my favorites are booked out. If they are available, I would HIGHLY recommend either the Doubletree or the Residence Inn that are in the Westport area. It's a much nicer area and those hotels don't suffer from the issues I've brought up here.

The staff here are very nice. No complaints there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Skullbussa
, General Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear Skullbussa

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise and internet. We are currently working with our service provider to increase our speeds. Our hotel also is considering updating our televisions and your review may make our decision easier. Your comments will help us improve our guest experience and for that we thank you. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

We chose this hotel because of a concert we were attending at the Verizon theater. Our room was very nice. The problem we had was we were topd that a shuttle would take us to the concert and a shuttle would bring is back. So we decided to do that to avoid driving intoxicated and for convience. The concert was delayed halfway through due to weather, then eventually continued so it ended a little later than expected. When it was over it was pouring. We waited at the shuttle pick up for 30 minutes in the pouring rain. We saw shuttles from other hotels come and go several times. Finally we decided to just walk. By the time we got to the hotel our clothes were ruined and we were not very happy. I told the front desk worker that i wanted to speak with the manager as soon as she got there in the morning and he said he would relay message. In the morning no manager was in sight, they slid the bill under our door and that was it. You make your own judgement how you think that situation was handle. We spent $230 on that room to be lied to and treated very poorly...not impressed...will not be back.

• Stayed June 2012
JHack73, General Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Emily182009:

Thank you for review. We are very sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. We will work with our staff to find out why this happened and what we need to do to make sure it doesn’t happen again. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Also if you would please contact me directly at 314-739-3900, I would like to discuss this further with you so we can work towards a resolution. I hope to hear from you soon and I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

I stay at Homewood Suites quite a bit because you always know what to expect. Same style rooms, same slow elevator, same meals, etc. This stay was memorable because of the hotel's employees. Fom the moment I was picked up at the airport to the day they dropped me back off at the airport, the staff was superb. Shout out to Nate who acted as tour guide, shuttle driver, garbage hauler, kid wrangler, medic, bartender, and part-time psychiatrist. Kudos to the front desk lady (I'm sorry I can't remember your name), who snagged us fresh baked cookies and ice (when I was too lazy to traipse back to the ice machine). Again, I can't remember names (so sorry), but also wanted to thank the housekeeping woman who made sure my room was wonderful after mentioning an issue, and to the shuttle driver who drove me back to the airport and brought my bags to the corner for me. I'll definately stay here next time I'm in the area!

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

This hotel is near a busy highway and across from what looks to be a quarry or landfill; trucks and more trucks. If you're on that side of the hotel, good luck with trying to sleep. The only restaurant nearby is Dave & Buster's unless you're into the casino thing. Our suite seemed a bit run down. Too many better choices in St Louis.

Room Tip: Stay away from the highway!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MsCheap1
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is nice for the most part, but the noise is unreal. For starters, it sits too close to the interstate and you hear constant noise from that. My room was on the top floor thankfully but very close to the elevator. The noise of that is ridiculous. Oftentimes, the entire floor shakes from that! The air conditioner unit in the living area is very loud when it turns off as well, also causing the floor to shake. The channel selection is pretty pitiful and the TVs are old. The toilet in my room also needs maintenance because the handle needs to be jiggled so it shuts off. I'm sure if the bedroom wasn't separate from the living quarters, I would've gotten no sleep.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GetMeOuttaThisTown
Effingham, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

We regularly stay at Homewood Suites. It is perfectly located between Harrahs and the Ameristar casino and so close to fun shopping in both St Charles and st Louis. The property is beautiful and the rooms are perfect! Breakfast is something different every morning and always good. The Best part is the staff!! They are accomodating and genuinely like their jobs. Everyone from Mel, my favorite front end manager to the housekeeping crew. you won't be sorry folks, try em out!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Airport - Riverport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#10 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St...
#14 of 17 in Maryland Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Gall...
#1 of 2 in Richmond Heights

Been to Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport? Share your experiences!