“Very Impressed” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Omaha NE
“Very Impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

The hotel was spotless, and the room was everything we could have asked for, and then some.
But we were most impressed with the staff. Everyone we encountered, from the check-in, breakfast, housekeeping, even the custodian mopping the floor was smiling and friendly.
We will certainly stay here again if we return to the St Louis area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Monticello, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

We stayed here while attending a concert right down the road. For the price we paid, we got way more than we expected. The staff was friendly and very helpful, and the shuttle driver worked an hour later to make sure we got home safe (everyone had been drinking.) The breakfast was tasty too! Definitely staying again this year!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Topeka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

Stayed here with the wife and kids while spending a weekend messing around in St Louis. This was a great Homewood Suites. Good location, close to St Louis and St Charles. Knowledgeable staff, nice pool, great free breakfast. Nice suite (love any place that puts the kids in a separate room from us). What more can you ask for.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

This was my first stay at a Homewood Suites and I'm a fan. The room was comfortable, clean, and functional. I could easily live there for a while. The lobby lounge was set with a simple bit well prepared breakfast and dinner. The staffers friendly. About the only thing I might offer is they need to upgrade the TV's in the room.

• Stayed April 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Midwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

Big breakfast. Small pool. Very nice people. Room 201 is good for kids because it is tucked off to the side.

• Stayed April 2011
Keosauqua, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

almost perfect, kids loved it, friendly staff, best beds ever!! could have kept coffee and breakfast bar filled better and maybe wiped off tables. Very comfortable, and pleasant. Will definitely stay again!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

Overall, definitely an excellent stay. All staff members were courteous and honest and ready to help you with anything you want.

Got the 1 bedroom suite, with the kitchenette, everything you need is there--microwave, stove, fridge, dishwasher. If you need anything, knife, extra plates, anything, just call the front desk, someone will get it to you in your room ASAP. There were 2 TVs, one in the living room and the other in the bedroom. Supplies always replenished. Laundry room was in the 3rd floor I think, laundry soap available at the front desk at a minimal charge. No change? No problem. They'd break your bills. The washing machine takes 4 quarters (if I remember correctly) for one load. Ice maker is also outside the laundry room. Vending machine next to it. Strong WIFI signal wherever, there's also LAN connection -- both in incredible speed. Didn't get to use the pool, not a big fan. Small gym, used it a couple of times. Business center with adequate supplies and brochures about St Louis. Also walking distance is Dave &Busters, Burger King and a 24/7 convenience store. Breakfast buffet every morning and dinner from Monday to Thursday. Our group got to use the grill outside by the patio and played basketball quite frequently.

A few things worth mentioning:

I'm semi lactose intolerant so I requested for soy milk. They didn't have any on my first breakfast, very understandable since nobody was probably looking for it. There weren't probably a lot of Asians visiting the hotel before we came. From the 2nd day until the last breakfast I had in all 8 weeks, a glass of soy milk (even seconds!) was served to my table the moment I come down for breakfast. Talk about customer service and efficiency. Most days, I did not even have to ask for it. Anyone from the staff literally gave me the look as if saying "soy milk for you, I got it, be there in a sec". Absolutely a big plus.

The shuttle service can take you within 5-7 mile radius. It was no problem going to The Mills, Target, Walmart, Bestbuy, the Airport, etc, just go to the front desk and they'll arrange it for you. There might be a couple of minutes waiting time. We even asked for the shuttle to bring us to TGI Fridays/Applebees area, I think these places were beyond the limit. We were a big group so the staff indulged us. Pick up though was quite inconsistent. Sometimes we only had to wait for a few minutes, sometimes it takes more than half an hour. But overall, Jackie, Mario and John were all very accommodating. I remember craving for KFC in the middle of the night and asked Mario to bring me to the nearest drive-thru. He's a riot, we ended up comparing which chicken is better -- KFC's or Popeyes'.

One morning I overslept and I was running late for a meeting. Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the shuttle, as it literally just left the hotel. Needless to say I was in a hurry and worried and did not know how to get to work in less than 10 minutes. James or John (sorry!) -- the manager/asst manager -- offered to bring me to the office! In his own car! I couldn't thank him enough.

Lastly, I have been very busy at work during my stay and I did not have a lot of time fixing my personal belongings in my room. My DSLR camera, laptop, cash, watches were all over the place. Not a single thing was lost.

There were, of course, some moments of disappointment, but that's what they were, just moments. I was away from my country for 8 full weeks, and the service of the staff really made my stay both comfortable and memorable.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank bemazing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
Sonesta ES Suites St. Louis
#1 of 7 in Creve Coeur
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Airport - Riverport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#10 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St...
#14 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Gall...
#1 of 2 in Richmond Heights

Been to Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport? Share your experiences!