“Nice people, nice food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is not great Mexican food, but it's pretty good Tex-Mex food. When it first opened several years ago, the restaurant featured more varied offerings - such as 4 tacos, each from a different area of Mexico. Now it's more typical of any non-chain Mexican restaurant, definitely better than any chain, and the servers make you feel very welcome. The Happy Hour marguerita is nothing special but happily, it does pack a punch. Complimentary chips are crisp and tasty; the salsa is ordinary. A sampler plate was more than I could finish (at a reasonable cost). The chile relleno was heavily battered; best were the chicken enchilada and the ground beef taco. I took home dessert - a chocolate-layered flan that was supposed to have caramel sauce but didn't. I'd come again for Happy Hour, or for a quick filling meal.

1  Thank Midwestadvocate

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Service was really fast and friendly. Food was pretty good. Only $7.99 for pick 3 combo with beans and rice. Like other reviews on here the beans and rice should have been warmer. Taco was the best item we had. The items with chicken were loaded with white meat chicken. Looks like a dive on the outside but it's actually nice inside and bigger than it looks. Looks like a fun place to have a happy hour.

1  Thank Banny9949
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I am very surprised to see any bad reviews of Chihuahua's in Maryland Heights. It is a regular hang out for my friends and me. We have get togethers, birthday celebrations, lunches and dinners at Chihuahua's. I'm pretty sure the food is on the authentic side.
I recently had Enchilada Maria, chicken enchilada's (3) served with red or green sauce, rice and a guacamole salad ($8.99). It was delicious and a lot! I had to take half home for supper, and it was equally as good warmed in the ol' microwave.
The servers seem quite authentic as well. I've never had an issue with lack of good service. When I'm interacting with the staff I use words like "gracias" and "muy bien", it goes a long way.

1  Thank saharadweller
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family loves trying little, out of the way Mexican restaurants, but this one was only so/so. The food arrived quickly but was cold (??) and two of the 5 people in our family received incorrect entrees. The server was nice about replacing the incorrect dishes, though. We all noticed that the chicken used in tacos and enchiladas didn't seem to be seasoned at all and was very, very bland. Beef seemed to be a better choice here. The strawberry margarita was good!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We ordered tacos and enchiladas. They came with beans and rice which were cold and way overcooked. The food could not have been more bland and tasteless. I will not be back.