“Very friendly staff” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Very friendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I understand hotels go through wear and tear with the thousands of people that are in and out of them, so I'm not going to nit pick on this stain, or this crack. By all means it wasn't ran down, but it wasn't a 5 start hotel either.

I felt very welcomed when I arrived, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Any staff I came across during my stay, whether it be front end, maintenance, or house keeping, they all acknowled me.

My room was larger than most hotels I stay in for business, so it was comfortable and I didn't feel cramped.

Over all, I had a pleasant stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
JohnVC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear TaraLynn74,

Thanks for staying with us! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. You will be happy to know we will be going through a renovation starting later this year, so our product will be new and improved come spring!

John V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

After driving 930 miles all I wanted to do was sleep, the receptionist was talking about pizza with another guest while I stood there and waited for 10 min, exhausted. She was polite, and that was the only annoyance that I had with this hotel. I felt very safe in the location, the hotel was nice and the bed was very comfy. I slept like a rock until about 2 am when I could hear the alarm next door going off.... Walls are pretty thin there. Breakfast was warm and very tasty and the price was perfect!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Hailey R,

Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry you had to wait a few minutes before getting into your room. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel overall and hope you will stay with us again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have stayed here a few times, it is pretty nice Holiday Inn Express. The staff is usually very friendly, there is a large breakfast area which is very nice. The rooms are a bit on the roomier side, and they keep it in nice shape for being an older hotel. There is no real restaurants near by except for Dave and Buster's but it is walking distance a few building down the street. This is in an excellent location to the amphitheater, casino and off the highway. The overall rates we have been getting because of this hotel being a preferred hotel of the company we visit makes this even more attractive. When checking out and talking to the front desk, seem that the downstairs and some or all of the rooms are getting a remodel so looking forward to that.

Room Tip: Some people had said that you do not want to have a room facing the highway, I have stayed in those...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sixdrumin1,

Thank you to you and your company for staying with us! I appreciate the kind words about our staff and our hotel. You are right, we are getting ready for a full renovation starting later this year. We will have all new guest rooms, a new breakfast area, new front desk and much more. We will do this in a way that our guests won't notice much of the construction, so keep coming in to see us!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed one night as we were passing through St. Louis. It is in a safe location near a Dave and busters which is nice. Our rooms were clean, the staff was kind, the breakfast was nicer than your average continental and it was all around pleasant. Especially for the price! :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jama03
Dear Jama03,

Thank you for staying with us! We are glad you picked our hotel on your way through town. We hope to see you again next time.

Hay Springs, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Beautiful area and grounds. We walked two buildings over to supper and felt safe doing so. The elevator doors were quite aggressive about closing but there was a hotel staffer who helped me keep them from eating an older lady's suitcase. Rooms were quiet and clean. It was a nice place to rest your head in a sometimes scary city.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the ponds in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Lori H,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again the next time you are in St. Louis.

Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stay one-nite prior to leaving on vacation - left car and took Hotel shuttle to Lambert.
The hotel provides free shuttle to and from the airport which is great and even better, allows you to leave your car for free also. A GREAT deal.
The front desk staff and driver were great. The driver after picking us up at the airport knowing we were not staying the nite, offered for us to come in freshen up - get a cup of coffee before driving home.
The hotel is very clean - rooms are spacious and the has a large gathering area just off the lobby. Breakfast is a full buffet with plenty of choices.
This hotel is very convenient to many of the places my wife and I visit on the northwest side of St. Louis and very easy to get to from I-70.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JPD1988,

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again next time you are flying out of St. Louis.

Saint Robert, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

There is virtually nothing that is striking about this hotel. After two separate stays, it is basically what I would expect for a HIE in a big city industrial park. The most memorable feature is the breakfast room--large, open, and with lots of windows. The hotel itself shows signs of wear with old fixtures and worn carpet. The walls were a bit thing, but there wasn't any road noise from the nearby highway. The pond out the window was picturesque. The staff wasn't overly friendly or competent, but they weren't awful, either. The location isn't too bad--Dave and Busters is next door and the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater is easy walking distance.

In a word, I would say this hotel was adequate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Sapperlight,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Airport - Riverport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#9 of 16 in Maryland Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 136 reviews
Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel
Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel
#13 of 16 in Maryland Heights
3.5 of 5 stars 463 reviews
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverp...
#10 of 16 in Maryland Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 423 reviews
Holiday Inn Airport West
Holiday Inn Airport West
#3 of 5 in Earth City
4.0 of 5 stars 127 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 16 in Maryland Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 513 reviews
Comfort Inn Westport
Comfort Inn Westport
#6 of 16 in Maryland Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 436 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis? Share your experiences!