“Routine trip”

Reviewed October 14, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed February 19, 2012

It was the end of a long drive and we chose this motel because of location. We should have driven a little further and stayed at a Drury Inn, or anyplace else. It was dirty, even the "breakfast area". The rooms smelled moldy and dirty. Sheets were too small for the beds and the wireless internet did not work. Those working at the desk were always hiding out in a back room playing with their phones. Breakfast was a laugh, and not much. I had to tell someone they were out of coffee.
The only good thing about this place was the price. I was able to get 2 rooms for the 4 of us for about $100. I would rather spend twice that for clean, decent rooms and good service.

So if you find yourself on this lonely stretch of highway, looking for a place to stay, KEEP GOING. There are better places a little further south.

This was my first, and last time staying at a Super 8. Yuck!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2011

My husband and I were travelling from Texas to Indiana. We decided to stop at this location, checked in at 4:40am...the front desk agent placed us in a room next to the staircase and the TV never worked...it says looking for HD signal. The location of the room was loud from footsteps and can not sleep so we decided to just check out before 8am in the morning. Worst $60 I spent! Do not stop here or stay here...bad customer service. They will not care if you slept or not all they care is to put heads on their beds! Lobby smells like smoke!

Room Tip: Just do not stay here!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I reserved a room here on my way home from a long trip. Suspecting that there was probably no elevator in this older hotel, I reserved the handicapped accessible room since I have problems with stairs due to knee surgery. The night clerk was not overwhelmingly friendly, but I checked in without incident. Once in my room, I turned on the light in the bathroom; the fan made such a horrible racket, I immediately turned it off. It sounded like a helicopter landing, and there was no way to silence it. I returned to the front desk and the clerk told me she could give me a non-smoking room on the second floor. I said that would be fine. The stairs were not bad, but as soon as I tried to unlock the door, I met the resistance of the night lock and realized the room was occupied-------I beat a hasty retreat, and do so apologize for disturbing (and probably scaring) whoever was in that room! Upon returning to the front desk, the phone was ringing and the occupant of that room was complaining; the desk clerk was apologizing that the room had not been put on the hotel "map". Whatever happened to computers? I guess that this hotel was so old that it did not have a computer program showing which rooms were occupied! I wound up in a smoking room on the first floor which smelled absolutely awful. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the Internet connection worked well-----but the fan in the bathroom was still noisy, but bearable. The breakfast consisted of bread, donuts, cold cereal and oatmeal, juices, and coffee. Nothing to get excited about. If I would have had to stay another night in the area, I would have found another place.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We selected this unit based on price and pet friendly. We were placed on the west end of the building near the Interstate. We could not sleep due to the highway noise, tried to drown it out with the fan, but it only operates cooling of heating, got it as cold as possible but it shut down. The security door at that end was broken and banged with every entry, no closure working properly. The linens had not been changed from prior guest. It was late and we had business the next morning and could go looking for a new place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2010

This is a great property and very conveniently located. The staff was extremely welcoming and accomodating (especially Keke, the night clerk ...it's worth the stay just to meet her!) and the rooms were clean and nicely appointed. The rest of the property was well taken care of as well. When I found it online, it was rated at only one star, which in my opinion after my recent stay, is too low ...it should be at least 2 or 2 1/2.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
super8gmmarston, Manager at Hunter Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2011

Thank you so much for the kind words, we take great Pride in providing excellent service and clean rooms to all or our guests who stay at the Super 8 in Marston, MO.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Been to Hunter Lodge? Share your experiences!