“close to the interstate”

Holiday Inn Express Marshfield (Springfield Area)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Marshfield
Reviewed April 29, 2013

made reservations and got what we requested for a room location. Received a very nice package for being a Priority Club member. Room was clean. the bed was very comfortable. Had to wait for omelets and sausage to be prepared for breakfast. That was the only disappointment. Lots of good restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
nancy g, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marshfield (Springfield Area), responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. We liik forward to seeing you next trip!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel while on a trip from Texas to Illinois. It was an unplanned stop but a very pleasant one. I was given a discount rate due to my association with another group. I dentified myself as a Priority Club member and was given some extras for that. The check in process was great. Very fast and efficient. The room was what I expected it to be. Very comfortable and clean and quiet. The next moring, breakfast was good and served in a very nice area with an attendant present. Very nice to see that. Check out was great. No problems. If I'm in the area again I would not hesitate to stop there.

Room Tip: My room was on the opposite side from the highway. Parking was good and visible from my room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel with easy access to I 44 parking is ample but tight for coach buses nice breakfast and really quiet for closeness to interstate rooms are clean and ample hallway does have faint smell of smoke as their are still some smoking rooms thought price is on upper end for hotels on area

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I chose to stay here because it was the distance I wanted to drive and for no other reason. I was a bit concerned being very close to the highway but even the back of the hotel was not too loud. By just running the fan on the heating unit, I had enough white noise to take care of the highway. The only negative was the fact that my room was right next to the side door leading to the parking area. Not only did the door not lock (no keycard required), it made noise every time it closed. My guess is that enough people have yanked on this door to where it needs frequent repairs. I reported it to the desk and they said it would be taken care of. Considering a review on the HIE site in October also included this issue, I have the feeling it won't be fixed soon. Other than that, my room was very nice and the people were friendly. I didn't smell smoke at anytime as other reviewers stated. I highly recommend driving into Marshfield and eating at Sheila’s Place. For under $10.00, I had the full salad bar with many wonderful selections, two catfish filets, and a baked potato. Very nice meal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the entrance side of the hotel for less noise. I did not see an elevator. Get a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Staff is super friendly, rooms are clean but do have hint of smoke from former guests smoking in them when their smoke free. Great morning breakfast! I have never seen staff work so hard and take the time to keep the morning breakfast area cleaned and stocked. They are super friendly. There is no fitness center though. That was disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Beautiful room and the staff were great. Good place to stay with your pets. Only thing i would point to as a negative was a smokey smell in the room. Brochures of unique places near by to visit. Convenient to the fantastic cavern in Springfield.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed overnight here while on a road trip. First impressions were not very good when I pulled up and thought this was going to be another typical highway hotel, but the staff was excellent, the rooms were clean and inviting and the breakfast was well managed! We stayed in a pet friendly room! There were no doers, the room was clean and it was near the exterior door for easy access to outside! The was one pet fee worth paying! The staff obviously cares for people! We enjoyed our stay there! I would stay here again if passing through.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Scott P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshfield
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
Best Western Plus Coach House
Best Western Plus Coach House
#9 of 51 in Springfield
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medical District

Been to Holiday Inn Express Marshfield (Springfield Area)? Share your experiences!