“Great Location and Fantastic Staff”

Manhattan Suites & Conferencing
Hermanus, South Africa
“Great Location and Fantastic Staff”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We spent a night at the hotel and what a great room we had. It was a 1 Bedroom apartment fully equipped for self catering purposes which would be ideal for long stays. Upon arrival we were met with a really Friendly Face Jamie she was very helpful in explaining the hotel and facilities to us. The next morning we met HP what an awesome person. This hotel would be Ideal for Shopaholic as Canal Walk Shopping centre is less than a 5 min walk from the Hotel.
Unfortunately the Bistro was closed for dinner on the Weekend would have loved to try it out however they had a wonderful selection for breakfast just enough not to confuse you too much.
Thank you to all of you that made this weekend so great and hopefully we will see you soon again as we fell in love with this area. One can also have access to the Terrace and Jacuzzi if available unfortunately this was unfortunate Out of Order at the time so maybe next time.

Room Tip: Ask for the 12th Floor is possible 1207 or 907 & 908.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mossel Bay, South Africa
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed at the Manhattan Suites for the second time on 30 and 31 March for the Jazz festival in Cape Town. 10 minutes drive to the CTICC and next to the biggest shopping mall in the Western Cape ( at least!). We had a wonderful stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the on site Bistro is very convenient, the food really tasty. The rooms are tastefully decorated with all the amenities required. Really worthwhile and we would most definitely visit again. Well worth it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Bridgend
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I had a very enjoyable stay here, in fact I could have moved in. A great little modern apartment with all you need. YOu can breakfast in the morning on weekdays and Saturdays, you have all the relevant apartment appliances, microwave, oven, toaster, washer/dryer etc etc. All very well layed out, nice sliding windows that open in the livingroom giving you some outdoors indoors. NIce big flat screen with cable/sat tv. Multiple bathrooms and two bedrooms with TV's. The location is great as long as you have a car (its ZA so you will more than likely), you can walk along the canal to a pretty huge shopping mall, its about 5 minutes from the suites. The mall has everything you want. Great prices too as its away from CT centre. If you are arriving and fancy a drink, so perhaps a bottle of wine/beer, make sure you get there early as the rules are different to Europe and they tend to stop selling a lot earlier. I was dissapointed I couldnt enjoy a glass or two in my nice apartment on arrival. All facilties are nice, no pool though. Other than that, staff are friendly, would recommend. If you are sporty you can go for a nice run in the dirrect surrounding area. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I booked myself for 4 nights and ended up extending my stay for 7 nights.
As a self-catering unit, the room was excellent. Well-designed, large balcony, high-end LG washing machine and dryer. Large fridge, modern bathroom.
The bed was very comfortable. A pleasure sleeping in it. there was no noise at all for the all seven nights I spent there.
Housekeeping was effective, fast and discreet.
It is great value for money. Practically like staying at home. Secured parking. Security in the lobby area. Access cards to get from the outside to the underground parking area and from the underground parking into the building. Reception was friendly, helpful and offered great service.
The location was excellent. Away from downtown Cape Town and yet not far away from downtown, the beach or other attreactions. The area is upmarket and beautiful. Within walking distance to the Canal Walk - the biggest mall in Cape Town and Virgin Active - a large modern gym.

i enjoyed my stay at Manhattan Suites and realy liked the fact that I had more freedom to store my favourite food in the fridge and do my laundry when I wanted to at only the cost of washing powder..
Their wi-fi connection was reasonably priced and high speed.

I would strongly consider coming back to Mahattan Suites if I ever come back to Cape Town and I will recommend it to my family and friends.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I was really torn between 4 and 5 stars with the Manhattan Suites. The hotel itself is very nice with great amenities. The only issue that we really had with it was really our own fault, and that was that it is really not that close to downtown Cape Town. It is in a safe area and with the mall, there are plenty to eat. We just thought it was closer to Cape Town. They were very eager to help set up transportation for us to downtown.

With that said, we would probably stay here again if we didn't care about being close to the waterfront because the price was great and the rooms were very nice. The included breakfast was very good as well.

Room Tip: High floors are better
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
Reviewed October 31, 2011

From the moment I arrived, Walda and her team were there to ensure my comfort. I stayed three nights while my husband was in surgery at a local hospital. Since I was from out of town and did not always aim myself correctly in the right direction, I called the hotel for assistance with direction and they always were helpful. The suite was exceptional clean and the beds super comfortable. My breakfasts at Jacqui O's were always spot on, the best poached eggs ever. It is difficult sometimes when you stay alone in a hotel but I always felt safe and comfortable at the Manhattan Suites and would recommend this establishment to all travelers. Thank you to all of you!

• Stayed October 2011
Italy
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Arriving from Europe in Cape Town, South Africa after a long flight, all you want is space, a good bed and to wash yourself as well as your laundry and having SAFE parking for your rented car. This is exactly what we found at the Manhatten Suites in Century City. This lovely modern apartment situated in a hotel complex, was like a new home in Cape Town for us. It has 24 hour security and one can walk easily down to the Canal Walk Shopping Centre without even using your car.

The apartment is fully equipped with a stove, microwave, electric kettle, washing machine/dryer, iron, hairdryer, safe, coffee, tea, etc - all you need to do is sit back and relax and the bed was the best one during our stay of 24 days! Daily cleaning is part of the service. Such a pitty we had the flat for only 3 nights. Next time I will book more nights.

Room Tip: Try and find a room higher up the hotel overlooking Table Mountain and the sea (spectacular views at...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
#2 of 3 in Milnerton
Aquarius Luxury Suites
Aquarius Luxury Suites
#2 of 7 in Bloubergstrand

Been to Manhattan Suites & Conferencing? Share your experiences!