Tripadvisor
Century City
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews square cafe recycled water wine bar conference center usb ports coffee machine cape town tiger's milk the congress minutes walk away simple things conference venue a king size bed omelette rooms are comfortable continental breakfast ground floor
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent property where all of the modern business travel requirements are taken care of. Food and Beverage both Room Service and Breakfast were really good, service staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. Check In and Out was smooth and quick with good information imparted. The room was comfortable and spotless housekeeping were excellent and meticulous. The local precinct has many bustling bars and restaurants should you wish to eat outside of the hotel. There are great international shops as well as a few interesting activities all nearby. The Convention Centre is across the road so if you are at an event it is perfectly situated.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
GillianFriedman, General Manager at Century City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Brad,

Wow, great feedback! Thanks so much.

I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed the facilities as well as the Service.

Hope to welcome you back again soon to catch up on some more reading.

Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

We reacted impromptu on a special offer and had a lovely stay for one night. Centrally located in the less busy part of Century City. Lovely bedding, cheese board and wine in the evening, good breakfast in the morning. Effective air conditioning. Friemdly staff. Nice setting. One less star for paying extra for parking, and our toilet and wash basin had some technical problems as well as the lift from parking to ground floor was out of order.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GillianFriedman, General Manager at Century City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear JohanM,

Thank you so much for the beautiful feedback,

We were experiencing a few technical issues with all the load shedding that day, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused and we are ensuring that the issue doesn't persist.

Thrilled to hear that you both had a lovely stay , it was very nice meeting you and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

From the time of arrival, we received exceptional service. We arrived earlier than expected and were accommodated for early check in. We stayed for a week and everything was great, I have no complaints whatsoever. I liked returning each evening during my stay to find encouraging quotes on the bed. Upon the morning that we were checking out, we requested for late check out since our flight was only later that night however the best they could do was extend our check out an hour from 11:00 to 12:00. They still did their best to help us nonetheless.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
GillianFriedman, General Manager at Century City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Dear Zaheerahh

Thanks for that exceptional review! During a busy period like this , there is no better feedback that I could give the Team so thank you very much.

Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

I performed full payment a week prior my trip however I had to postpone 36 hours earlier and informed the hotel reservation ASAP as I had an issue with my daughters passport. I was told I would be contacted and waited till 2 days but it never happened.
It was a high period (new year) and I know I would not be refunded nor did I ask for one.
When I asked for amending my booking dates I was told it is not possible because of rates.. In short I lost my full payment/they got the money.
They did not even try to do something and stay firmed that I should pay a full stay again for my postponed trip.
It's only hotel wins not the customer.
Hope future customers are not penalized like me,
Thanks
M. JAGDAMBI

Room tip: make sure you are covered by cancellation policy and don't lose your money

Dear M Jagdambi

Thank you for the review and for reaching out on a personal capacity.

I have responded to your email and hope to hear back from you shortly.

Reviewed December 9, 2019 via mobile

Initially I was disappointed that there is no arrival parking in front of the hotel. I couldn’t find parking and was moved away by a person from building opposite, even though I was parked on the hotel side - no parking though. There was not even a person from the hotel in sight.
Once I was parked in the parking underground, which is the same as the shopping Centre parking, I started to appreciate the convenience of this hotel. Close to the shopping Centre and less then 5 minutes to the highway to Cape Town. It’s less than 15 minutes to drive to the Centre of Cape Town.
The rooms are comfortable and well pointed. They are not designed for long stay though, the wardrobe is an open hanging space. For short stay in comfort and for convenience, I highly recommend.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
GillianFriedman, General Manager at Century City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2019

Dear Sizeka

Appreciate the feedback, it's quite a valid point and concerning that you were not welcomed by a Hotel staff member. I am glad you found it convenient and quite central, also one of the reason's I personally love Century City.

Please chat to me should you wish to come for a long stay, I will be happy to show you all our room types, if its cupboard space you are looking for I can definitely help with that.

Have a lovely evening, hope to welcome you back again soon.