“Great Value, Delicious Food”
Review of Acero

Acero
Reserve with OpenTable
Acero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Maplewood
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Southwest
Description: An Italian restaurant acclaimed for it's amazing and authentic Italian dishes and perfect wine pairings.
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Value, Delicious Food”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This restaurant is a great option for those wanting to try italian food with a twist, yet simple and delicious food. Acero has a fantastic tasting menu of four courses for $30. We ordered the bruschetta with caramelized onions and blue cheese. The tagiatelle was fresh homemade pasta and delicious bolognese sause. The egg raviolo is a must order item. Made with a delicate pasta and delicious filling. The porchetta and the polenta were also very tasty. Desserts were a great closing for a delicious meal, chocolate torte and ricotta cake. We had a bottle of wine and the server was helpful as most, if not all wines listed are from Italy. We had espresso with sambuca to seal the evening. Service was good, although it took the server a little while to take our order. The server was friendly and helpful though. We also enjoyed the pace of service oncethe first dish was served. There is a small outdoor area in front of the restaurant that is perfect for a nice evening out :) we recommend Acero and will be back soon.

• Visited May 2013

St. Louis, MO
“Not bad, but not amazing either...”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went here for a birthday celebration with family. I will start off by saying we were an hour late for our reservation and the restaurant was totally cool about it and the service from the moment we walked in was excellent. On service, this place gets a top rating!

When it comes to the food. Well maybe it is because I am from St. Louis and love the Hill (and always think of that when it comes to Italian), but for the most part this place just did not hit home for me. Each member of our party did do the chef's tasting menu (allows you to pick one item from each section on the menu). I totally recommend that if you come to Acero you try that - this allows you to sample a bit of everything while having smaller portions.

I had the meat donut (exactly what it sounds like - odd combination I am still not sure what to think of), the egg ravioli (this was wonderful) and the hanger steak (pretty good). For dessert I had the homemade ice cream and that was pretty good. I had to sample the bread pudding and I have to say no one really cared for that. Stick with the locally made ice cream!

So overall I don't think I would ever go back on my own - but if you are thinking of trying Acero, I say give it a shot. The place stylish but casual, the service was great , and maybe the menu will be right up your alley! Just don't expect anything like The Hill type food...

• Visited March 2013
St. Louis
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was our first time to this restaurant with business clients, and the food was AMAZING!! We will def. be back --- I did the sampler menu which was very good, the egg ravoli was incredible!!! The chocolate torte dessert with vanilla ice cream melts in your mouth. YumYum!

• Visited April 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Innovative and Excellent Italian”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Outstanding meal. The waiter's help was required to gain an understanding of the unfamiliar terms on the menu but the four course, $30 meal, was a delicious bargain. The seafood risotto was one of the best examples of that dish I've ever had. Scallops on a bed of ragu infused spinach were also terrific. The wine list is limited to Italian selections. Ambience is good but the tables lack tablecloths and the view of the area outside the windows is forgettable. Very nice experience.

• Visited March 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“sensible portions and great tastes”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

we have been to acero several times in past few weeks. the food is always tasty and we are fans of the smaller tasting menu. You have your selection of 4 courses that you pick from each catagory. the portions are smaller than full menu but the entire cost is $ 30 and amounts are quite enough. A good variety to choose from. Only complaint is that the restaurant was a little cool on a very cold evening and that should be improved.