“Great side dishes and atmosphere, acceptable entrees”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Boogaloo

Boogaloo
Reserve with OpenTable
Boogaloo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Maplewood
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Cajun & Creole, Latin, Spanish, Pub, Cuban
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sutton
Description: Located in downtown Maplewood we are a fun, casual restaurant and bar featuring Cuban/Creole/Caribbean cuisine served both as Tapas and Large Plates. We have a fun, eclectic aesthetic with alligator skin wall paper, murals, beautiful mirrors and chandeliers and our signature swings at the bar. We serve a full selection of drinks with our specialty Mojitos and Caipirinhas as well as wine, bottled beer and 10 beers on tap.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great side dishes and atmosphere, acceptable entrees”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

The gumbo was fantastic, but I've had better pulled pork. My friends and I had a variety of dishes, and only two really liked their meals.

Chatham, Illinois
“3rd time here, still good”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Although we should probably branch out more when visiting St. Louis, this place has proven to maintain its quality food. Truly tasty.

• Visited August 2013
Saint Louis
“Great Choice in Maplewood”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have dined at Boogaloo several times over the years and have always been more than satisfied, especially in comparison to other restaurants in Maplewood. Great selection from tapas to salads to sandwiches and main entrees-and fair pricing. The service has always been good. They also have a nice outdoor back porch for dining, which many people do not know about. It's good food, even great food at times! And, I love, love, love their bread pudding. It is some of the best I have ever had. Try Boogaloo's. You'll not be disappointed.

P.S. On the bar swings-they used to really freely swing and were not attached to the bar. I guess things got a little swingy crazy, but it sure was fun!

• Visited August 2013
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
“Swings! Yes, SWINGS!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place is a fun little hot spot for those with a spicy palette. I love their cajun and creole foods! They have the best jambalaya in the area. I also love the very original swings against the bar. Much more fun to sway and drink than to sit on bar stools!

Visited May 2013
Overland, Missouri, United States
“The have swings!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My wife was in love with the swings at the bar when we went, I was able to convince her that sitting in the swings would be uncomfortable and not nearly as intimate. This is a lovely creole style restaurant. Very hip atmosphere. The Jambalaya was wonderful. It did get a bit crowded as the night went on.

Visited September 2012