“A little more than the typical B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louisiana
The Eagle's Nest Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Louisiana B&B and Inns
US
“A little more than the typical B&B”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at Eagle's Nest for a single Saturday night on a trip through the area. I could have stayed at any of the little towns up and down the Mississippi / Illinois Rivers in the general area, but Eagle's Nest won for various reasons. They were booked up when I called a couple of weeks beforehand, but put me on a waiting list and called me when they had a cancellation.

The Inn is in essentially an antique office building on the main drag through Louisiana. I adore old buildings, but for an overnight stay I really want modern amenities and good maintenance. The Inn did not disappoint -- everything was in good repair, the room (#6) was spacious, and the private bathroom was completely modern and large. My room was on the 3rd floor, facing Georgia St, and had a partial view of the river. The room had it's own HVAC system / thermostat & water heater. The bed was comfortable although it could use a new set of pillows.

As others have noted, this is not a B&B where the owners are always onsite. I was slated to arrive after the staff had left for the day, so my key was left in a key box that I retrieved when I arrived. The decor was sophisticated and minimal while still having antique pieces and plenty of charm. It's a far cry from the stereotypical over-stuffed, over-frilly B&B, and I appreciated that.

My only issue -- out of control of the owners -- was with noise. First, this is in the heart of "downtown" and on a Saturday night there was a little nightlife. Not many people out on the street, but vehicle traffic. The locals do not drive down the street, but fairly *roar* down the street, often in pickup trucks with loud mufflers. There are also a few motorcycles and tractor-trailers thrown in for good measure. In addition, the building is only two short blocks from railroad tracks that run along the river, and there WERE trains. I grew up near a train track and live near a railyard now, so that doesn't bother me, but it might some people. Finally, all of the other guests that weekend were in town to attend a wedding. This group of 20-somethings came clomping in at 11:30, just after I'd gone to sleep. They stomped around the bare-wood-floor common area having loud conversations, etc. I got up and asked them to be quiet, and they did lower the volume a bit, but not much. So for another hour and a half, just as I'd drift off ... they'd come out into the common area and start up again. My bad luck for being there at the same time, but I've learned to ask for future stays there or anywhere else if there's going to be a multi-room party in residence at the same time.

I enjoyed my stay despite that and would return if I'm in the area again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TFerrell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I had the oportunity to tour this sweet B&B many months ago. I arranged for the wedding party to stay here for two evenings. We rented 7 rooms all nicely decorated and very clean. The owner and staff went out of their way to help me the mother of the bride with some special touches for the bridge and groom. Each morning we were welcomed with a lovely and very filling breakfast. A great bargain for the excellent room. Would stay again anytime. They had a full house so make your reservations soon you won't be disapointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Warrensburg, Missouri, United States
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Eagles Nest Inn in Louisiana Mo and it was amazing. The rooms are nice and comfortable and the dining was excellent in both the Bistro and main Dining room. The staff was very friendly especially Lynne who treated our family great! We really appreciate your help Lynne...we will be back during the Summer to have some more fun!!

William & Maria Grant

Room Tip: Talk to Lynne and she will help you in any way she can!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Quick and easy check in at the Eagle's Nest dining area. Dinner service was good even though I had a salad. The room was a bit chilly for me, it was on 65 when I arrived. The room had a clean smell to it. I stayed in Room #5, it has 2 Queen Beds, couch and chair, very spacious. There's a 19 inch tv (not flat screen) and no phone in the room. Bathroom is a nice size, bathroom is clean including the tub. The heating system is good, although a bit loud for my liking and something I had to get use to in the middle of the night. Housekeeping did a good job cleaning the room. Magazines are in the room. There is a bit of home away from home feel without a frig or microwave. A lot better feeling than being in a hotel. I did see the "hotel" that is in town and it's actually a Motel, if you are contemplating staying there. Other than this Bed and Breakfast and the Motel, not sure where else you would stay in Louisiana, MO. It's a very small town with a Dollar Store (no grocery store), Pizza Hut, Subway, KC's restaurant (I had what they called the buffet/salad bar - about 8 items on the buffet), Pikers and Chinese Restaurant (ordered to go, food was the usual Chinese Buffet to me). Although breakfast is included, it doesn't open until 7am, I dined at Daybreak for breakfast and it was good and affordable. Overall, this bed and breakfast was nice and comfortable. I didn't pass anybody in the halls and didn't hear any noise from my room. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: To get to the rooms, you do have to enter through the side door leading up a flight of stairs (then...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I with another couple stayed here for a weekend while motorcycling the Great River Road. The food was amazing..... My only regret is that we had to leave so early on Sunday morning and did not get our complimentary breakfast. When I broached this to the owner she told me they would have feed us earlier than the usual time... I will surely remember this next time. We played cards very late in our rooms, came and went at all hours...very accomodating. Again the food was wonderful, the wine wasn't bad either.

Room Tip: Our friends room faced the street and ours the courtyard, I think we got the better deal.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Warrensburg, Missouri
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed at the Eagle's Nest in June our room was roomy and very nice. Dinner on the patio was a treat with great service and fine menu. Breakfast is always a welcome added extra and is well above adverage.

Room Tip: Room 6 and 7 are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Penny P
St Louis, MO
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My wife and I spent a night at the Inn at Eagle's Nest for a little respite amid a busy weekend at a friend's wedding. The room (#4) was very spacious and and nicely furnished. Breakfast was great and our server was very attentive in the cafe. We didn't have an opportunity to check out their wine selection next door, but it looked like like a great spot. The reviews about checking in are right, that it is a bit confusing as to where to check in as there are no clear signs. However, going into the cafe on the corner worked fine for us and we were helped quickly. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Room 4 had big windows, but it was view of the bank across the street, I would suggest asking for a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GegoryEugene
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisiana
Best Western On The River
#1 of 1 in Louisiana
Super 8 Bowling Green
Super 8 Bowling Green
#1 of 1 in Bowling Green

Been to The Eagle's Nest Inn? Share your experiences!