“Don't think twice. Stay here!”
Review of River's Edge Motel

River's Edge Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Louisiana
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Based on the rave reviews, I am staying at this little motel. I've been burned before when the reviews are so positive. Not this time! The owner / manager is super responsive and the rooms are really very clean. I was in 39 (below 43 referenced by others), and it has 2 windows in the river without having to climb stairs! I'll be back next week too!

• Stayed: June 2013
There are newer reviews for River's Edge Motel

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We requested #43 since it had rave reviews, the two windows are very nice. But all the back building windows have a view of the bridge and river. We originally chose Louisiana as it was near St. Louis, but we never drove down in the few days we were there, the storms were pretty fierce and we chose to avoid that. What a quaint little town! The couple that run the motel were very gracious and the room was clean and a good deal. The refrigerator was very useful. The heat and humidity index were quite high and the A/C was a REAL plus. We always appreciate a microwave.
What a quaint town with lots of large old buildings. We drove down to the river park and the water was in the parking lot. We were thrilled with the location and found several good eating spots close by. Great base for visiting Hannibal!

Room Tip: #43 really has some great views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I were traveling to visit with family and I wanted to stay somewhere else. He said this was he place to stay since he'd been here before. I looked at the pictures online and thought... no, this isn't my kind of place.

He won.

The check in couple appear to be husgand and wife and were a little hard to understand. He did pull out a shower faucted and show me how to use it so I'd know how in the morning. He was very kind and did take the time to show me a picture of the motel setup and told me to go down tot he stop light and turn right and it would be on the right. I don't think I'd have found it by myself without that bit of knowledge. Good people skills!

We stayed just one night. I won't lie, I was leery at first. I did check the doors and one deadbolt just spun, didn't move a lock. The bathroom window lock was broken and a pvc pipe kept it from sliding open. There was no cover for the heating element behind the door. (I read someone else's review and I think they were in room #40 too!) I pulled the sheets up so I could be sure there were no bedbugs (and yes, I've seen them other places).

I found nothing. I expected some sort of reason to make me convince my husband to go to a newer place, but I found no good reason.

We were in the upper portion of the 2 part motel and the view was pretty. You can really see the river and a cool (though narrow because I drove it and freaked just a bit) suspension bridge. I imagine that you could see bald eagles but we didn't. The parking was right below our room, so it was safe enough to hear if anything might have happened.

The shower head was very, very nice in the morning. The bathroom was very clean as was the main room. The refrigerator was sufficient for my needs. The coffee pot needed tossed and replaced though. My husband brought his own coffee and it, no lie, took 30 minutes to brew 4 cups.

I feel bad for thinking that this was going to be a dive. I got there expecting the worst and found out that it was a nice little place. Dated? Yes. Safe? Yes. Cheap? Yes. I don't know it is a place I would stay for more than one night, but in a pinch it certainly will do!

Room Tip: Upper section Close to the right end by the river I don't think they have online reservations...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed there last night (May 11) for a wedding ten miles away in Clarksville. Not only was the $58 a night well worth it, but the owner was extremely nice and helpful. I read other reviews stating this and it was definitely true. He let us pick which room we wanted to stay in. Take #43 because its up top on the end with a river view. And true to his word, it was late and the owner found us a restaurant to make us a meal and he drove us in his own car to pick it up since we had some cocktails. He even took our photo when he saw us up top trying to do it ourselves. Rooms were very clean and had good size fridge and microwave along with coffee stuff. Comfortable room and partially renovated bathroom. Will definitely stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at the River's Edge when a spring snow storm forced us off the roads. I wasn't expecting much except a roof over my head. The wonderful gentleman at the front desk recommended the rooIm with a view over the river and then proceeded to help me bring my suitcase up the stairs. He absolutely refused to take a tip. He gave us the phone number to Pizza Hut so we wouldn't have to go back out on the roads and then later called to make sure that we got some dinner. The room itself was spotless and warm and provided everything that we needed. In the morning I came downstairs to discover that he had swept all the snow off my car for me and he helped me get my suitcase back down to the car. I was amazed at the service at the River's Edge and I would recommend this place to anyone. Everyone we encountered in town was wonderful and we can't wait to come back!!

Room Tip: Room 30 has a beautiful view of the river and bridge.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Our family stayed here overnight during mid-December. We were just a little early for Eagle Watching but we did see a few eagles flying right from our motel window. The corner room provided an excellent viewing opportunity for the river and for various birds and sunset/sunrise. Our stay here was even better than imagined. The owners were more than pleasant and helpful with our needs. We were just delighted to chat with them. They were so accommodating. The room was bright and cheery and super clean. This was just the perfect get-a-way that we were looking for and I know we will most definitely go back again.

Room Tip: If you the corner room is available, it was cheery and had an excellent view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just visited the area this past weekend, and had a Saturday night stay. Everything was perfect - from the free WiFi, to the comfy bed and SPOTLESSLY clean room - and what a nice view! Really outstanding value as well! Small, older motel owners need to visit River's Edge to see how it is done.
My parents were born and raised in Louisinana, so many of my childhood days were spent visiting relatives in town. I always knew that when the "MOTEL" sign was in view from the bridge, we has arrived. I'm so incredibly happy to report that the property is still going strong, and in perfect shape!
We had a wonderful breakfast at Daybreak Donuts and Diner in the downtown area - and I highly recommend this as well.
We are already planning a spring trip, and will most definitely make River's Edge our place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisiana
Best Western On The River
#3 of 3 in Pittsfield
Days Inn - Hannibal
Days Inn - Hannibal
#6 of 10 in Hannibal

Been to River's Edge Motel? Share your experiences!