“Very nice, clean & comfortable hotel. Owner attentive & appreciative.”
Review of Scenic Rivers Inn

Scenic Rivers Inn
and 1 more site!
Scenic Rivers Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Licking
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Certainly disregard negative review written by another hotel guest. I've stayed at this hotel several times & plan to make future reservations. Owner was very attentive & went above & beyond in offering additional services. Indoor pool is lovely w/hot tub....only negative about this hotel is that I wish swimming pool water was kept at a warmer temperature.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
8  Thank McKenzie09

Reviewed June 14, 2008

I made reservations on the motel's website for April 24-27, 2008, for a ground-floor room with two beds and WiFi. I had a confirmation that I printed out with my room number listed. When I arrived, I was told my room had been given to someone else. No explanation has ever been given as to why my confirmed room was given to someone else. The only room available that had two beds and WiFi was on the second floor, so I was forced to take that room if I was going to have a place to stay for the night. I originally made the reservation for three adults. A friend had to cancel at the last minute, so I informed the front desk at check-in that there would only be one adult staying for two of the nights and two adults on one of the nights. The motel's extra person charge of $5/night should have been removed when I informed them of this on check-in. If my original reservation was for one person and I had told them at check-in there were now three people, I'm sure an extra person charge would have been quickly added.

When I got to my room and was reading the information binder, it stated the motel offers a AAA discount. That was the first time I was aware of the discount being offered. The motel's website does not state anywhere that a AAA discount is available, so I was not aware of this when I made the reservation. When I found the info in the room, I went to the front desk and showed them my AAA card and asked for the discount. No one bothered to come speak to me about the extra-person charge or the AAA discount before I checked out. When I checked out, the lady at the front desk said the owner was not going to give me the AAA discount since she already gave me a discount. Looking at the bill at that time, it showed the extra person charge had been deducted from my bill. That was not a discount. It was simply charging me the correct room rate. I asked to speak to the owner and the lady tried several numbers but was not able to reach her. I refused to sign the bill and asked to have the owner call me. After not receiving a call, I emailed the owner asking about the AAA discount. She sent an email on April 30 showing the AAA discount had been deducted from my credit card. At this point, I thought everything was fine, but my credit card was charged the full amount including the extra-person fee and the AAA discount is the only refund to be credited to my account.

I emailed the owner on May 10 asking about the extra-person fee. She did not respond. I emailed again on May 22. No response. When I emailed again on June 7, she responded by saying I didn't deserve either refund, but she had given me one of them. She then told me not to bother them again. Unbelievable! I tell them at check-in there won't be an extra person but they charge me for one anyway. They have the nerve to say I don't deserve the AAA discount but they do eventually give that one to me. I will definitely not be staying at the Scenic Rivers Inn again and would not recommend it to anyone.

This was the owner's response on June 7: "Mr. Nie I gave you a 19.00 discount that you did not deserve. Plus you want the 15.00. You made and paid for a reservation that you then changed your mind about how many were in your party and what rate you should pay for that room. You were not entitled to any refund but I gave in on one and of course you want more. There are also places to review guest and you would be reviewed poorly also, We provided you with a clean and comfortable motel room at a reasonable price even at the full rate for what we offer. Please do not bother us again."

Since she seems to think you should pay the rate that the original reservation is for, even if there is a change, I'll just always make future reservations for one person. If there happens to be four people who eventually stay in a room, I'll only have to pay for the base rate because that's what I reserved the room for. Somehow, I think the owner would see things differently if that were the case. I'm sure she wouldn't find it too difficult to add the extra person charge as opposed to deducting it.

This motel doesn't honor specific rooms even if you have a printed confirmation. And then all I asked for is to be charged the correct room rate and to be given the AAA discount that the motel offers. The owner tells me I deserve neither.

Avoid this place like the plague. I know I will.

Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
11  Thank showme69
Reviewed December 7, 2006

They have a great new indoor pool, hot tub, fitness center. Reasonably priced for the aminities.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank jsca
A TripAdvisor Member
Montauk Mo
Reviewed January 10, 2005

Very clean and comfortable motel. Nice contentential breakfast.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Scenic Rivers Inn? Share your experiences!