“visit”

Super 8 Liberty NE Kansas City Area
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Liberty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Ugh. Yuck. I do not recommend this place. Just not worth it. And it's not like I had high expectations to start with - I'm always on a budget and am used to cheap motels.

The issues:
-Smelly. I was happy to be offered a nonsmoking room, but it still stunk. I turned the AC off and risked sleeping with the window open (at least the screen wasn't ripped) to try and get some fresh air.
-Furniture. Like I said, I wasn't expecting luxury or high fashion, but I was expecting maybe to be able to move about the room. The furniture was randomly shoved in and didn't even fit right; it's like they got some other hotel's discarded garbage. So you have to kind of squeeze around things.
-Dirt. The desk chair was SO STAINED (white splotches all over) AND SO DIRTY (crumbs, hair) that I used the folding luggage rack to sit on instead. If this chair had been free on Craigslist or sitting on the curb I would not have taken it. That bad. When I turned the comforter back there were visible stains on its underside; I don't know if the sheets were clean or not, but I did sleep on them (old, lumpy, flat pillows and all). Everything smelled and felt stale and humid and I basically tried to avoid touching anything. By then these two things had already made me decide not to shower or use the towels.
-Broken stuff. The toilet lid FELL OFF when I tried to shut it. The (stained) lamps by the bed would not turn on, and when I poked around to make sure they were plugged in, I saw why: THE CORD ENDED IN A SHREDDED MESS - no plug at all. Ah, that's why.
-Breakfast: The bfast room is down in the basement level in a tiny and unventilated room. I stuck my head down in there thinking to try and grab, like, a banana and a cup of coffee on my way out. It was so sad and unappetizing and half-hearted that I just left. I didn't even spot the coffee but I probably left too quickly to see if it was there or not.

The pros:
-The only reason I wasn't just sleeping in my car was due to safety concerns on the road, and at very least, I can say that this area and the hotel in general felt safe for a woman traveling alone.
-Front desk guy was nice. It was the middle of the night and he was helpful and normal and not creepy.
-It was quiet on a Wednesday night/morning.

What really pissed me off was that this place still cost $64 after tax. WAY too expensive for a pile of junk with lights that don't work and pieces that fall off and dirty furniture randomly jigsawed into the room. Maybe I'd have been okay with it if it was $20 or $30 cheaper. Terrible, terrible value and absolutely not worth the trouble and grossness of being there. No discount offered for late-night booking (I arrived w/o a reservation after 1:30 am - some places will cut you a break for a shortened stay and for the last-minute business). No doubt about it, I'd absolutely choose to sleep in my car rather than pay for this in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Roadtrip55116
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Omg where to start.. was looking for a note pad and pen in the nitestand and found two spoons with what the police said was heroin with a needle....what if a child would have found it!!!!! The front desk clerk offerd me a differant room after i called the police...i immediately checked out

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank wmarts
Neosho
Reviewed August 17, 2013

There was a time when one could stop at a Super 8 Motel and be sure he
would find it clean and neat. I stayed at the Super 8 in Liberty, MO. May 17
because there was no where else to stay. I stayed there again Aug. 11 and
it was dirty from the front desk to every where else. The sheets on one bed
had not been changed, no pillow case on 1 pillow, blood stains on pillow, not enough towels, linens were dingy and old. Front office was in a mess, the manager was dirty and so on. I won't say I will never stay at a Super 8 again, but I will say I will try not to. Does Corporate never check their Motels? We were on our way to Mayo Clinic in MN. The manager could hardly speck english.
Charlene

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Also consider these accommodations in or near Liberty
Days Inn Liberty/NE Kansas City
Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty
Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty
#1 of 108 in Kansas City
Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park
Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Liberty
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Liberty

Been to Super 8 Liberty NE Kansas City Area? Share your experiences!