“Avoid Staying Here”

Super 8 Liberty NE Kansas City Area
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Liberty
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Woul not stay here again. It is old, the rooms are very small, the window was very dirty. The breakfast was terrible. The cereal choices looked like dog food. It looked like attempts have even made to update the furnishings and tile and fixtures in the bathroom, but that's purely cosmetic. I did not feel safe staying there and would not stop there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Liberty NE Kansas City Area

Reviewed October 1, 2011

Although it looks ify from the outside, the room was very clean and did not smell. I wonder if upgrades have been made since previous reviews posted. Owner is Indian but very nice. I will admit the smoke...or smell of smoke around the breakfast area was not very appetizing to a non- smoker! Bathroom was clean and updated. I would stay here again. Only giving it a 3 because of the smoke..

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Melissa W
Gurjant B, Owner at Super 8 Liberty NE Kansas City Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for your kind words! We strive to make every guest happy with their stay...as well as monitoring public smoking of our smoking guests, We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed September 27, 2011

Booked this Hotel on line: non-smoking room single bed... Looked okay from the outside as did the pictures on the Internet. BUT like the old saying goes : You get what you pay for, (which was $39.95 a night). When we arrived & checked in (the Owner & his Wife are from India; go figure...) we were told there was an additional $10.00 a night fee for pets (we had a mini - doxie .... all of 14 Lbs) Internet said "Dogs Welcome". The Room stunk like it had'nt REALLY been cleaned in a long time. Had to open the window to air room out . The screen was ripped at the corner, & the Tub had some "mysterious stuff" on the surface which was oboviously dried & had previously run down the inside, I managed to stay close to the Shower Head!.
Usual Super 8 "Fast Start" Breakfast Items : including Onion Bagels, no fruit,Apple juice, Sunny D vs. OJ & a box of Stale doughnuts on top of the Ice Box. The Breakast Area was'nt maintained, or Food replentished, during breakfast time.
There was a Huge Dog next door in the Room who barked as people went by & we did'nt hear anyone correct the dog. . The stair carpets were really dirty & filthy.

But the most interesting thing was the lack of ANY Exterior Door Handles on ALL Exit Doors out of the Bldg... let alone ANY Security Card Reader(s). JUST A ROCK ON THE GROUND AT THE DOOR SILL TO KEEP THE DOOR OPEN SO ANYONE CAN OPEN THE DOOR BY GRASPING THE ALUMINUM/GLASS DOOR JAMB TO GET IN THE BUILDING!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jay W
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We were looking for a comfortable bed, clean room and a decent breakfast. We got none of the above. Even in our no smoking room the smell of smoke was overpowering. I didn't even attempt breakfast as my husband came up from getting coffee and warned me that the smoke was so bad in the breakfast area that I shouldn't even attempt. We went to the Ihop across the street. We were passing through KC again last night and while this Super 8 is a convenient location for our trip, we would never ever consider staying here again. Decided to add my review a year later as I'm baffled by the rating of 3 out of 5 stars and am hoping my review will help to get it down where it belongs.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank Nothincleverlefr
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I should have listened to the reviews I read about this hotel. I got a great price on Nascar race weekend, but it really was not worth it to me in the end.
The room smelled so badly of smoke we bought Fabreeze, still didn't fix the smell. The TV had been hit with something and was broken on top, the TV remote WAS taped together with tape, the glass broken out of the microwave so we never tried to use it. The sheets at night smelled so badly of smoke we really couldnt cover up. In the morning when we toweled off- they smelled very badly of smoke also.
The room key kept coming "unprogrammed" and we had to get it reset. The room next door where our friend styed... the toilet kept clogging up. The hotel took forever to find a plunger and left it in the room for our friend to use "as needed"... icky.
There appeared to be people who lived in the hotel as a few rooms had people wandering back and forth in their boxers, looked like they had been there a long time. We also found a very explicit "adult magazine" stashed in one of our drawers in our room, which makes me wonder if it was even cleaned before we got there?????
The free breakfast wasnt very good. A few stale bagels and some juice mostly. We ate at the IHOP across the street.
All in all not a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jrfoster
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I made the mistake of booking this hotel without checking the ratings. Learned my lesson, never again. Dirty and run down. Sheets had burn holes. Discovered in the morning that the lock was not working and anyone could have walked in.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2008

Rooms were one and a half hours late being ready. Sheets had cigarette burn holes in them. There was mold on the ceiling of the bathroom. The chairs were noticeable dirty with a white residue. Don't care to know exactly what that was and certainly did not want to sit in them I may get pregnant. Hotel staff was rude and unprofessional!!! Manager was on vacation and the guy at the front desk vocabulary consisted of "what do you want me to do about it!" They wanted us to check in an hour and a half late but wanted us to check out on time. Doesn't seem fair especially when you reserve the room 2 months in advance. Breakfast was laughable. And so were the vending machines. Overall horrible stay. Would never ever ever stay there again. Rather sleep in my car or on the ground outside in the mud with a bum [--] on me. I have included a few pictures of why I feel this way.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank ejdavis72
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liberty
Days Inn Liberty/NE Kansas City
Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty
Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Liberty
Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty
Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty
#2 of 109 in Kansas City
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Liberty

Been to Super 8 Liberty NE Kansas City Area? Share your experiences!