“We stayed here, but would never come back!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Liberty/NE Kansas City

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Days Inn Liberty/NE Kansas City
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Liberty
SAINT PAUL
“We stayed here, but would never come back!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed here on the way from Texas to Minnesota and if we hadn't been so tired, would have found some place else. When we first checked in, we were given the keys to room 115. We drove around the building and parked near the room. A woman in the room next to it was standing in her door way talking to a man standing in front of our room. When we said "excuse us" he did move and we opened the door and turned on the light. The room must have been 90 degrees (it was about 40 degrees outside) and all the bedding was balled up and piled on the bed.

We shut the door and then our "neighbor" next door asked "wrong room?". We explained what we found and she said "Oh, I know they have been working on it". We said "they didn't finish it" and went back to the front desk. Because of the odd assorted people that seemed to be wandering around on the main floor, we asked if we could have an upstairs room and were given the keys for 217.

In that room, though the bed was made, none of the lamps worked. We called the front desk to let them know this and the young man who checked us in told us to wait there in 217 and he would "check out" room 205 to be sure it was OK and call us back. Evidently it wasn't "OK" as eventually he called back to say that he was in room 221 and that one was "OK". By that point, my husband had checked out the lamps and found they were all unplugged. He was able to get the floor lamp, and the lamps on each side of the bed to work. We had given up on the lamp near the TV since there was no place to plug it in. We told the guy we would stay in 217.

Next we checked out the bed to make sure there were no bed bugs - it was alright there, but we found that the sink had the water temps switched - hot was cold and cold was hot. Another very odd thing - there was a towel bar installed that was so crooked it almost seemed it had to be a joke - there was no way that anyone would think that it was level!

Breakfast was very minimal and the same sleepy young man from the night before appeared in the morning and took our keys when we checked out. Very little service, strange accommodations - find another place to stay. Whatever you pay - it is too much!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Milton, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

If you are bug phobic then you might want to pass this one by. No bed bugs but there were a couple of bugs already on their way to the bug heaven in the sky. I could tell when I walked in the room that it had been recently fumigated. So they must be aware of the problem and working in it. There are microwaves and refrigerators in each room so I am sure there is cooking and eating in the rooms. The problem was not to the extent that I wouldn't stay there again.

The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Plenty of restaurants and stores close by -some within walking distance. But if your G P S tells you there is a Ponderosa next door your G P S lied to you. There is now a pizza place next door.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

My fiancé and I are surveyors and tend to travel alot. We were working in this area and thought this would be a good hotel BC of it being a " days inn". We had to change rooms BC they don't like people which are staying weekly living in the bottom , we moved everything to the top and left for the day. We came back and he was tired so I checked the bed. There were bed bugs all over the mattress ans the box spring cover. I would not recommend staying here. Plus the rooms smell and aren't very clean. Make sure to check your bed!!

• Stayed August 2011
Temple, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed here on the way from Wisconsin to Missouri and we wanted to see the zoo in Kansas City on the way. There are far better places to stay and I would reccommed you to stay somewhere else. The pictures of this place are not what it looks like now. The lobby is very dirty and so are the rooms with cigarette burns, very dirty walls and spiders and other bugs in the bathroom. The only good this was the pool and even that was disrupted by some weird guy looking out the 2nd floor window at us. I should have taken pictures to send to the company so they could see what this place looks like. UGH!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
new york
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2011

I've stayed here off and on for years -- plain but cheap with good wifi and the owners have tried hard to upgrade -- but can no longer recommend. On my recent visit I actually saw a bed bug and awoke with numerous bites. Moving to a new room didn't help -- i got still more. After leaving the place for a new hotel I discovered a December 4, 2010, report of bed budgs on bedbugreports.com -- the author (who stayed in a different room from either of mine) says when they informed the motel of the problem (discovered after finding bites the day they left), they were informed that 'we have no bugs here' and the phone was slammed down. When I informed the front desk of my own bites, they didn't seem surprised. Clearly they need to address this problem in ways other than suggesting that bitten guests move to another hotel, as they did with me. Bed bug bites are awful. Don't stay here unless you get evidence that they have thoroughly exterminated.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank oliverTC
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2010

My daughter and I are on a road trip from Denver to Virginia so planned to stay at moderately prices hotels to save money whihc led to our decision to reserve a room at the Days Inn in Liberty. We arrived there at 9:30pm after a long day of driving. We just wanted a place to spend the night, no frills needed. This crappy hotel has the bar set much lower. We weren't comfortable even taking our shoes off or put our suitcases on the floor. The bathroom was so digusting that a shower was out of the question. The thin walls and crying baby were bad but I could handle that if the conditions in the room aren't so filthy. You can bet that we won't be staying at any more Days Inn on this journey.

Stayed October 2010
Liberty, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2010

I booked this hotel for a weekend in KC without reading the reviews first. I booked a non-refundable weekend here, and was terrified to stay there due to all the horrible reviews I read online. I will say that you are definitely getting what you paid, BUT it's not as horrible as all the other reviews said.

1) Staff was extremely friendly. Even called our room to make sure everything was OK.
2) The front check in did smell a little bit like curry. It wasn't a big deal.
3) Room and bed was clean, that's all I could ask.
4) Continental breakfast was very basic, but we wanted to grab breakfast at a restaurant
5) Housekeeping did not come in at 8:00 am; they saw our 'do not disturb' sign and we weren't bothered

All in all, it was a good stay. We expected the worse but it seems the owners must have read the reviews and turned the place around a bit. If you just need a place to stay for the night and you aren't horribly picky- this place works great. If you're looking for a vacation and something a lot nicer, you're going to have to pay more than the $58+ a night and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liberty
Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Liberty
Holiday Inn Express Liberty
Holiday Inn Express Liberty
#60 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Days Inn Liberty/NE Kansas City? Share your experiences!