“Nice place and it is cheap”

WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Liberty
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Liberty
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We decided to stay some place that was low budget and was not going to break the budget after all the traveling we were doing. The staff appear very friendly, with the limited conversations we had with them. You know the usual stuff, where is the coffee, elevator, any good places to eat, that kind of stuff. We did not have any problems while we stayed there. The room was clean, not the usual stuff, stains on carpet, rust in the bathroom, hairs on the bed. Again it was cheap and it is even cheaper for longer stays, like most places. We even took a quick wine taste while in Liberty Missouri at the "Belvoir" located in a Historic Boys Home. Well we had a good stay. Hope this helps other travelers.

Room Tip: Check prices at least 3 days prior to your stay or call directly
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank curt1480

Reviewed March 10, 2011

NO customer service to speak of. The manager actually snapped at me several times! The party on the weekend down the hall was ignored my security/management, I think because it was their party!! The elevator was shaky and didn't have a inspection certificate which was scary. The fire alarms went off several times in the month I was there, at least 15. They had these rules.... strange..... and they kept changing them without notice! I felt like I was staying in a frat house, or a homeless shelter. Very strange people running the place. Oh yea, the cart you used to take your stuff to your room,,, was hanging together with duct tape!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
9  Thank keegans_mom61
Reviewed June 9, 2009

My wife and I just moved here to kansas city and were looking for a place that was inexpensive, but nice. Value Inn promised both. However, after a week of uninsulated loud neighbors, we decided to move out. I had to go to work in the morning, so my wife had to check us out. They stole 45 dollars of our down payment because we didn't give them enough notice. The only problem is, they are never in their office so you have little chance to talk to them. The notice is in the fine print of the contract. When I called to see what had happened, the employee said "I am not going to refund your money, so, goodbye!" and hung up on me. Very poor business! The rooms are clean when you get there, but they don't clean them until you leave. There were ants that got into the bed and bit us. I know it was ants because I killed one as it bit me. Location is in the middle of no-where. Service is horrible! I agree with the no smiles review. The value ended up being more than a nice hotel due to the stolen 45 dollars from the deposit. A Super 8 motel in Blue Springs is 10 dollars more per week, but the service is excellent and it has free wireless internet. It also has a fridge and microwave and there is free Continental waffle breakfast. I am usually very content with anything, but this is the worst service I have ever had in a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank copper_goat
Reviewed January 7, 2009

The place is cheap and average, tv, kitchen, small table, 2 chairs, full refrigerator, sluggish internet (you have to paid 20 us for modem speed). You would get mostly through, but they have the idea that your room should be perfectly unhumanly "neat" , it seems that you can't mess with your bed or table or have cables connected to your computer, or have food in the sink, or have your trash can with little trash (unbelieveable). Received a note of 50 us fine because my trash can was less than on quarter full and my cables were hooked to my computer and cell phone.... OMG..... They actually suggested that your trash can should be always empty and you shouldn't have cables in the room. (mmmm i don't think they are paying me for that)

It is only cheap, maybe if you are lucky and don't stay more than a week, it will be ok.... else you will face fine every week.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
4  Thank bichovolador
Reviewed August 12, 2008

I work in construction and am scheduled to be in this area for more than six months. I checked into this hotel last week. My reservations had initially been cancelled due to a problem with my credit card, yet no one bothered to contact me. I requested a non-smoking room due to allergies and was given a smoking room. I took off work early yesterday to get here before the office closed to pay for this week's rent and was charged $45 for late fees. The office is closed on Sunday and doesn't open until 9am. I work six days a week from 6am to 5 pm. My room has never been cleaned and the office is closed when I get in so I have no clean towels. The neighbors are loud and the door to the stairway gets slammed several times a night. On Saturday, I will check out of this place and I will never recommend it to anyone I know. Our jobsite currently has over 2,000 traveler's from all over the country, soon we will have over 3,000. They all need someplace to stay and I sincerely hope they do not choose this place. I really hate to be so rude; however, I do not feel like I've been treated as a valued customer. I work over 60 hrs a week up to 84 hrs a week and I walk over 15 miles every day. The last thing I want is to come to a place where I can't relax and enjoy my spare time.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
6  Thank KYHoney
Reviewed June 15, 2007

At first glance I was excited about the chance to stay at a brand new hotel for a week for a great price. Upon check-in the front desk girl didn't offer a smile or any kind of friendly greeting. Thinking maybe she was just having a bad day we went ahead and checked in...paying a deposit and for our weeks stay.. But each and every time we dealt with this girl during our stay she was as sour as she had been at our time of check in. The facility itself was great, a full sized fridge, nice tv, and location close to a lot of activities. When we checked out I reminded the girl that she works in the hospitality industry and should offer a smile now and then and if she didn't like her job maybe she should look for something else. I doubt I will ever stay at another Value Place Inn again because of this one employees horrible attitude.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank acefunkyboy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liberty
Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Liberty
Comfort Inn Kearney
Comfort Inn Kearney
#3 of 4 in Kearney

Been to WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Liberty? Share your experiences!