“Perfect for the family!”

Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Liberty
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Perfect for the family!”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed here on our way from Michigan to Oklahoma. Perfect destination - we have a 9 year old, 8 year old and 3 year old. If you're a Choice rewards member, you get a discount! The water-park is perfect for kids of all ages, with a 2 story water slide, kiddie-pool and a big pool. There was also a hot tub but it was always packed. The rooms are very nice, comfortable beds and pillows (though I brought my own, as well), and breakfast is complimentary and very good as such. Definitely recommend this place - especially if you are in the area.

Room Tip: We had an end room by the stairs and it was perfect.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Boone, Iowa
Reviewed August 9, 2014

On a whim, I took the family to KC to see a preseason game with my two favorite teams. I have made the trip many times by getting up early and getting home late. With two kiddo's (6 & 2) it is much easier to just stay someplace. Since we also are coo coo for Waffle House (long but true story), I looked for someplace close to our favorite unit in Liberty. Last time I stayed at a hotel that found it funny to steal my daughters blanket (maybe). So having seen the Sleep Inn at exit 17 multiple times, I decided "Hey let's try that one, and oh by the way it has a Indoor Water park for the kids". Sold. So we booked a few days by calling the front desk, as their website said they would beat any internet rate, they did.

We arrived around noon time which is prior to check in (even early). However, if you are a registered guest for that night, they will allow you and your crew to utilize the water park. The front desk attendant, what was her name again... I wish I could remember (It started with a "T", if any one knows let me know). Anyhow she was super friendly and even let us eat our lunch from outside in the Waterpark area vs the breakfast area. While that was quite nice, it made it harder for us to get the kids to finish their vegetables in view of a water slide.

Once they were finished eating, each of us, save for myself, changed in the bathrooms in the water park. There is a shower but it is a public shower meant to shower prior to getting in the pool. While the pool area might seem smaller to other water parks, it was the perfect size for two little ones who really need to be watched like a hawk for their safety.

The water slide does have some constraints, it is only open from 9-11 in the morning and 3-10 in the afternoon and shuts down at the top of each hour for about ten minutes. I do not know why but the pool attendant (not a lifeguard) let our family and the other family utilize the slide around 1, which was very nice. In the evening, the slide is lit up by LED on the outside of the hotel/slide. I don't know if this is visible in the slide, but I assume it is (we did not use it that late).

There was a 1 FT play area with a small boat side. It was made of a foam type material so that the kids would not hurt themselves should they fall on it. At the end of the slide there was an underwater pad so that the chance of scrapped knees was minimal. This area also had a couple of water fountain type sprayers along the edge and a dump station with five buckets that filled and dumped repeatedly. Both the buckets and the fountains ran for about ten minutes or so, but there is a motion sensor that triggers them to come back on if they go off.

The rest of the pool was a 3 FT deep with a steps between the 3 FT area and the 1 FT area. There was also a hot tub with timer controls off to the side (we did not utilize it).

I was able to check in about 2PM (earlier than the posted time), after the friendly front desk attendant (seriously what was her name again?) let me know about breakfast, wifi, vending locations, and the standard other information when you are checking in. I took our stuff up the the room, something to note though. Their key cards are actually RFID's, so that you do have to insert them into a slot, which is handy when your hands are really full of Barbies, Thomas the Tank Engines, and Doritos.

The room was clean and nice. They actually had a separate but not independent thermostat for the room so that you could turn the ac/heat on/off when you leave/enter the room. There was plenty of pillows, a desk area, a fridge, and a microwave. There was not a safe, but that is not something we would have utilized anyway. My wife could write a review fifteen times longer than this one about the water pressure of the shower (which was good by the way).

We stayed on the south side of the hotel (the interstate side). Personally, the traffic noise did not bug me. I did not think it was that loud, but I suppose for those that are light sleepers, it might be noticeable. Hall noise was minimal, and I could not tell if there was guests in the rooms next to us, which tells me one of three things. The rooms were vacant, the guests were quiet, or the walls are truly soundproof.

We did not partake of the warm breakfast because, come on, Waffle House is near by! Well that is just us, but from what I saw it looked well stocked and we would have utilized it had Waffle House not been near.

One other cool little thing, the vending machines next to the water park are setup to use credit cards which if you don't carry cash (like me) is a nice thing. They had a cool robotic freezer vending machine that also takes card, I actually used it and got a ice cream sandwich out of it.

All in all, we were very pleased and will stay again

Takeaways/hints
-Show up early to use the water park, we stayed on a weekday and the patrons at the pool picked up around 3 PM.
-Book by calling, you can save a little bit.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank travway
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We were supposed to stay at Chase Suites, but checked out early and came here instead. Night and day. This hotel is nice, new and great for little ones. Fun pool, good breakfast, nice clean comfortable room. Near restaurants, grocery stores and worlds of fun.

• Stayed August 2014
Ardmore, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My children (ages 8 & 6) & I stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park in Liberty during a fun-packed 4-day visit to Kansas City & had a wonderful time. The water park is a unique amenity offered by no other hotel that we have stayed in. It is different than the CoCo Key Resort (which we also like) attached to the Holiday Inn SE in Kansas City, in that it is only available to the guests of the hotel. There are 2 pool areas - one is a foot deep and the other is 3 feet deep throughout. It was great for my kids, who are used to the water, in that they felt comfortable at that depth of water without me having to be in the water with them at all times. The single water slide was perfect for their ages and comfort level. In addition to the great pool, we received wonderful customer service from the front desk & breakfast ladies. In particular, Tiffany (front desk) was super in searching for and printing our directions to the nearest Rally House & Sonic location & also provided us with coupons/offers to nearby restaurants. Patsy (breakfast) was wonderful, visiting with my kids & asking them about their trip to watch the Royals the night before. Even though we hit the end of the breakfast service, the staff allowed us to eat without being rushed or seeming put out. This hotel is very convenient to Worlds of Fun, and even though a bit of a drive for going to Kauffman Stadium to see the Royals or the Kansas City Zoo, it is worth the drive. We look forward to a return trip!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Scot028
Bridgeport, Connecticut
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The hotel room was clean and had a refrigerator and microwave as well as a nice hot breakfast.
It offered very good water-park type slide at their indoor pool for the kids. It was not far from a very nice restaurant, the Hereford House, and a large shopping area.

Huron, Ohio
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed for four nights (Sun-Weds) recently as part of our trip to World's of Fun/Ocean's of Fun and Kansas City and found this location to be a good place to stay. The waterpark is maybe smaller than one might imagine and the pool depth rather shallow overall, but our 10 and 12 year old boys enjoyed it non the less, especially the water slide which they rode about 100 times while we were there, Our room was a two queen bed room that seemed to have been converted form an accessible room as it was rather open in the hall and moving areas. It was quiet overall. The roof was being replaced on the hotel during our stay but during hours that didn't present an issue to us, kudos to the hotel and workers. This is a busy hotel for all the right reasons, but the breakfast area seems undersized considering. Two out of the four mornings we ate in the lobby area due to the overflow of people, and this was early in the breakfast serving time period. The food overall was decent with no real surprises form what you'd expect. This location is also close to a host of restaurants and the amusement park.

Overall I'd recommend this location for its location, service, waterslide, quietness, cleanliness and accessibility form the highway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MessNmagic
Paynesville, Minnesota
Reviewed July 2, 2014

First, we had been on the road for 5 days, I had the best sleep since leaving home. The beds were so comfy, clean big room. The kids liked the water park. Breakfast was good. My only complaint was since they were booked full the breakfast area wasn't big enough for everyone and it was dirty. But that won't stop us from staying again if we are in the area. Front desk staff was very nice and friendly. Definitely recommending to anyone traveling that way.

1 Thank Lydia K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liberty
Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Liberty
Holiday Inn Express Liberty
#60 of 109 in Kansas City
Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park? Share your experiences!