“Fun waterpark AND nice hotel in one!”

Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Liberty
Liberty, Missouri
“Fun waterpark AND nice hotel in one!”
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Our family of four stayed here with some out-of-town friends and their family of four, and this was the perfect place for a one-night getaway! All four of our kids, age 8-11, loved it; and so did all four parents. We checked I separately and got two rooms together. The rooms were very clean and nicely appointed. We headed to the waterpark where the kids loved the 2-story slide and the pool area, while the adults had a place to chat where we could see the kids at all times. That's what was really nice about this place: it's a big enough place for the kids to play, but adults can see them the whole time. So if your kids are a bit older, you really don't have much to worry about. It was great.
We all had a quiet and comfortable sleep. The beds and pillows were really nice. Breakfast was good. Nothing spectacular, but all we needed.
We live in Liberty, and this was a great getaway for us. Would definitely do it again. A nice winter break that's very affordable.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Well first off we booked a king suite. When we got to the room it was definitely not king like. It was just a normal sized room with a QUEEN bed and a small couch. Checking out was a huge pain. They charged me twice for my room and had a problem with my credit card. In the end it was the front desk persons fault and I stood there waiting for over a hour for nothing. So if there is a problem like that it is most likely their fault and they need to contact a manager.

• Stayed November 2013
LibertyLagoon, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your comment.
I am sorry that the King Suite was not what you expected.
All of the King Suites in the hotel come with a King bed and a full size Sofa Sleeper.
We do not offer any combination of Queen bed and Sofa Sleeper at this location.
Please contact us, I would like to find out more details on your stay.
Thank you for your business.
Depew, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Really nice hotel to stay in. The water park was a lot of fun, we really enjoyed the water slide. The room was nice and clean, the staff was nice and friendly. Bed was pretty comfortable. I would stay here again. It is close to a lot of restaurants and places to shop.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Cold water shower, VERY NOISY WALL HEATER UNIT, POOR BREAKFAST, BACON TASTED LIKE A PAPER TOWEL, cold eggs, bland biscuits just plain GARBAGE!!! I would never stay here again. We don't have children. Kids everywhere due to a water slide, kids equal noise. Terrible breakfast. Many more options in area to choose from unless you want to be around a bunch if rug rats running around unsupervised.

Nevada, Missouri
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My family and I stayed there 2 weeks ago. Avoid unless you like showering with other people's pubic hairs. To my suprise when showering I found a used wash cloth in the shower. After be grossed out I went to search the rest of the room, to our suprise under the decorative covers at the end of the bed was dried throw up. They were kind enough to move us to another room just to find the same filth. This one did not have vomit, but our tub had someone else's pubic hair in it, towels and wash clothes had woman's long hair in them and the carpet was stained and sticky. When asking for either a partial or full refund I was told that they switched us rooms so we did not qualify for either. After speaking to the assistant GM he states he spoke to the owner and all they could do for us was give us 1/2 off our next stay. Attempted to call the owner with no returned call. After that experience I explained I will never be back and will be informing others of how they treat customers.

3 Thank Kelly H
Boulder Creek, California
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I reserved a room with two Queen beds for my sister and me. Here are the pros: Large room with very comfortable beds, quartz vanity separate from the tub (which I love), flat screen tv, free wifi, fridge and microwave, great breakfast and nice staff (Daniel was most helpful). Now for the cons: the A/C didn't work, there was a lot of construction in the area, and there was a group of Hispanic guys drinking beer and playing loud music under our bedroom window until 11:30 pm. Daniel told them to turn the music off (which they did), but they continued to party and talk until the wee hours. If they could convince their guest to party else where I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back away from the elevator.
Winona, Minnesota
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We spent one weeknight here on our way home from a trip and had such a good experience. The rooms were clean and comfortably furnished with a contemporary style. We had read on tripadvisor that the water park was small, so I tried to prepare the kids for possible disappointment. However, we had one of the best hotel water park experiences I've had. The park is not large, and there is just one full-sized slide, but my 8 year old must have crammed two dozen trips down that slide in the hour we were there. There were many adults riding the slide, and they seemed to enjoy it quite a bit, but the nice part for young riders is that they "land" on a ramp rather than a deep pool. At the end of the slide, a water-filled ramp slows riders down without dunking them. I think this makes it possible to enjoy the slide again and again without inhaling water as my 8 year old as a tendency to do. Another attraction was a series of cone shaped buckets that would douse anyone underneath. My husband, son, and myself invented a game where we saw how many times we could circle the poll without getting doused. My ten-year-old holds the family record of 16 trips without getting wet.
Overall, this was an fun, relaxing stay. I would definitely recommend this location!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank DocAnne1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liberty
Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty
Holiday Inn Express Liberty
#56 of 109 in Kansas City
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Liberty
Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park? Share your experiences!