“Not what you expect.”

Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Liberty
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Well first off we booked a king suite. When we got to the room it was definitely not king like. It was just a normal sized room with a QUEEN bed and a small couch. Checking out was a huge pain. They charged me twice for my room and had a problem with my credit card. In the end it was the front desk persons fault and I stood there waiting for over a hour for nothing. So if there is a problem like that it is most likely their fault and they need to contact a manager.

• Stayed: November 2013
LibertyLagoon, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for your comment.
I am sorry that the King Suite was not what you expected.
All of the King Suites in the hotel come with a King bed and a full size Sofa Sleeper.
We do not offer any combination of Queen bed and Sofa Sleeper at this location.
Please contact us, I would like to find out more details on your stay.
Thank you for your business.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Really nice hotel to stay in. The water park was a lot of fun, we really enjoyed the water slide. The room was nice and clean, the staff was nice and friendly. Bed was pretty comfortable. I would stay here again. It is close to a lot of restaurants and places to shop.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Cold water shower, VERY NOISY WALL HEATER UNIT, POOR BREAKFAST, BACON TASTED LIKE A PAPER TOWEL, cold eggs, bland biscuits just plain GARBAGE!!! I would never stay here again. We don't have children. Kids everywhere due to a water slide, kids equal noise. Terrible breakfast. Many more options in area to choose from unless you want to be around a bunch if rug rats running around unsupervised.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My family and I stayed there 2 weeks ago. Avoid unless you like showering with other people's pubic hairs. To my suprise when showering I found a used wash cloth in the shower. After be grossed out I went to search the rest of the room, to our suprise under the decorative covers at the end of the bed was dried throw up. They were kind enough to move us to another room just to find the same filth. This one did not have vomit, but our tub had someone else's pubic hair in it, towels and wash clothes had woman's long hair in them and the carpet was stained and sticky. When asking for either a partial or full refund I was told that they switched us rooms so we did not qualify for either. After speaking to the assistant GM he states he spoke to the owner and all they could do for us was give us 1/2 off our next stay. Attempted to call the owner with no returned call. After that experience I explained I will never be back and will be informing others of how they treat customers.

3  Thank Kelly H
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I reserved a room with two Queen beds for my sister and me. Here are the pros: Large room with very comfortable beds, quartz vanity separate from the tub (which I love), flat screen tv, free wifi, fridge and microwave, great breakfast and nice staff (Daniel was most helpful). Now for the cons: the A/C didn't work, there was a lot of construction in the area, and there was a group of Hispanic guys drinking beer and playing loud music under our bedroom window until 11:30 pm. Daniel told them to turn the music off (which they did), but they continued to party and talk until the wee hours. If they could convince their guest to party else where I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back away from the elevator.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We spent one weeknight here on our way home from a trip and had such a good experience. The rooms were clean and comfortably furnished with a contemporary style. We had read on tripadvisor that the water park was small, so I tried to prepare the kids for possible disappointment. However, we had one of the best hotel water park experiences I've had. The park is not large, and there is just one full-sized slide, but my 8 year old must have crammed two dozen trips down that slide in the hour we were there. There were many adults riding the slide, and they seemed to enjoy it quite a bit, but the nice part for young riders is that they "land" on a ramp rather than a deep pool. At the end of the slide, a water-filled ramp slows riders down without dunking them. I think this makes it possible to enjoy the slide again and again without inhaling water as my 8 year old as a tendency to do. Another attraction was a series of cone shaped buckets that would douse anyone underneath. My husband, son, and myself invented a game where we saw how many times we could circle the poll without getting doused. My ten-year-old holds the family record of 16 trips without getting wet.
Overall, this was an fun, relaxing stay. I would definitely recommend this location!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank DocAnne1
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were in town for a family event and needed a place for the night. The Sleep Inn provided a decent room at a decent price. For a hotel that is only a year old, it is already showing signs of wear. The walls could use a fresh coat of paint and the hall carpet is looking worn. The room was pretty basic, but clean. The breakfast was like the rooms....basic and decent. We did not use the "water park" but did look in and it is a pool with a water slide.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank loveadventure4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liberty
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Liberty
Holiday Inn Express Liberty
Holiday Inn Express Liberty
#53 of 109 in Kansas City
Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park? Share your experiences!