Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewspool areahot tubfront deskwafflessausageindoor waterparkkansas cityking suiteolder kidsfree breakfastbreakfast was pretty standardbed was comfortablewould stay here againspring breakroad noisekeep an eyehotel room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel is very nice. The rooms were very clean, the beds were very soft and comfortable. The waterpark is great for the whole family. 3 foot deep pool w/ a 1 foot deep side for the younger ones. A awesome slide that goes on the inside and outside of the building.

The staff was pleasant and the breakfast was nice!

I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Sleep Inn for just one night on our way through Kansas City but we will definitely be staying here again in the future, especially when we have children that can really enjoy the water park.

The hotel is located right off of I-35 and is very clean. We asked for a crib for our 4 month old and they readily provided one. The room was exactly as described, clean, and smoke free. It was memorial day weekend and the hotel was likely understaffed but the front desk manager was wonderful about providing assistance if we needed it.

The only negative part about our stay is no fault of the hotel's. Since the hotel is geared towards families with young children there is a certain amount of noise to be expected. We were jolted awake late in the night by loud family noises above us. No biggie at all. Just know that if you choose to stay here sans family, expect some noise!

Breakfast was very very busy with all of the families and children. The breakfast area is definitely not big enough for the amount of people that probably use it but the food was great and the staff were helpful and friendly.

Long story short this hotel was great. Clean, friendly, fun. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 2jlass
LibertyLagoon, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for choosing Sleep Inn & Suites at Liberty Lagoon.
I am very sorry that there was a loud noise from the room above. Because there is a water park geared for small children, many families stay during the weekends. But during the weekdays, my guests are mostly seniors and business travelers.
I will make sure that every guests are aware of our quite hour policy.

Thank you very much for your support and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We arrived to the Sleep Inn to find a very clean lobby with friendly front desk help. We checked in & had our room within 5 minutes. The front desk girl gave us a handicapped room, & it was great! We had a very large bathroom with a tub, a long "hallway" that the kids used to run off energy. beds were comfy. Pillows are some reason half the size of a normal pillow but I think we had 4 per bed. No on demand movies :( The pool area is awesome if you have smaller children. The "kiddie" pool is only around a foot deep. It has a small slide. The bad thing is the water feature...The kids can go over to the wall & turn on the buckets that fill up & dump water & the water tunnels & its super noisy and barely leaves any area to walk around w/a small child (just turned 2) its almost like you can only use the outside edge of the pool otherwise you will be soaked from the buckets. then there is about 3 steps down into the bigger pool. Now it is 3feet 9inches deep. Perfect for my 6 year old! They do have a large hot tub, although it look a little greenish (looked like it could use some bleach!) The water slide was running pretty much the entire time we were there. Nice areas to sit in. Bad note is that the hotel rents out the "party area's" for little kids birthday parties...making for a very loud & lots of kids. The only other negative was i noticed & our friends noticed is that we were all coughing a lot & our eyes were burning from the chlorine fumes. In fact most of the people in there were coughing! It was cold outside & snowing I just do not know if the ventilation system was working properly. The hotel doors are very thin making any hallway noise noticeable. Breakfast was great. Parking & very easy access to the interstate (overlooks I-35). Our room faced the interstate & we didn't notice too much noise from it. If you are need of a grocery store there is a Food Chopper grocery store & QT gas right up the street. The fridge helped in the room (we had to turn the setting colder) & the microwave (not very powerful). We are already planning on coming back! They have Billboards advertising the rate as $69. We booked online for $79 :( oh well we know for next time!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We are from St. Louis and often come to Liberty/Kansas City to visit family. We have stayed at the other hotels here with indoor waterparks and decided to give this one a try because of the "cheaper" rates. Well, there was a NASCAR event going on so they jacked the room rate up and we ended up paying $260 for a two night stay. Not worth the money at all. We reserved a 2 bed queen room and instead got a king size bed. So our family had to share 1 bed and the staff wouldn't do anything about it because their rooms were booked. The waterpark was ok, a definite step up from a typical hotel pool but several steps down compared to the indoor waterparks. The slide was closed almost everytime we went swimming...which was a huge disappointment for the kids. We had arranged a late checkout (1 pm)...the hotel desk clerk was very rude when she questioned why we were still here. I explained we had a late checkout and she argued with me and then told me how unhappy the maids were going to be (yet no one cared how unhappy we were). I could go on, but I highlighted the more frustrating points of our stay. Next time we will pay the little bit of extra money to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank HollyRenee1
LibertyLagoon, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for staying at Sleep Inn & Suites at Liberty Lagoon, a hotel with a water park designed for families with younger children.

Concerning the rates, I personally want to assure you that the rates you have paid are within the usual weekend rate ranges at Sleep Inn & Suites at Liberty Lagoon. Although, almost all hotels in Kansas City "jacked up" the rates for the NASCAR, I did not raised the weekend rates beyond the usual range just for the NASCAR. If my facts are incorrect, please let me know and I will refund 100%.

Please contact me directly so that I can resolve the problems you have experienced.
Once again, thank you for choosing Sleep Inn & Suites in Liberty, MO.

GM

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Last minute change in plans took us thru Kansas City, MO. The reviews on Travel Advisor were "spot on". Beautiful hotel, spacious room, full amenities, hot soup plus full breakfast for $69!! Only regret was that we didn't have time (or grand kids) to enjoy water park.

• Stayed: April 2013