First of all, the front desk staff member, Rushell, was fabulous! She greeted us promptly, checked us in quickly and was very sweet to our daughter when she called ahead to verify amenities for us. We thought the room was nice, clean, and the king bed was comfortable. Now, for the bad part...when we returned to our room after supper we could not get either of our room keys to work. My husband went to the front desk and Jenna (?) gave him 2 new key cards. Those keys did not work either. Jenna came to the room with my husband and tried again to use the cards she had just issued. They did not work for her either. She told us she would call maintenance that night or fist thing in the morning since it was July 4th and late in the evening. One of us had to stay in the room so we didn't get locked out. The next morning when we went down for breakfast Rushell was again at the front desk. I told her we had to get something done because we had no way to get back in the room. She checked the door and gave us new key cards and called maintenance (no prior call was made). She immediately offered me a discount on the room, reward points, etc for our trouble. We expected it to be fixed when we returned to our room with our 5 week old granddaughter after breakfast- it wasn't. The maintenance guy came running up and changed the battery in the door handle. That didn't fix it. He finally came back with a master key and he let us in the room. Russell came to our room in person and apologized and "comped" our room. We were impressed with her attention to details and her ability to resolve the problem. I hope management appreciates her!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel in Lee's Summit, MO is located off of I-470 and only 15 minutes away from Arrowhead Stadium and Kauffman Stadium, homes to the Kansas City Chiefs and Kansas City Royals. When you stay at our renovated hotel you'll be minutes from the shopping at Independence Center and Summit Woods Crossing. Along with a close location to shopping, the hotel is also near the Truman Medical Center, St. Luke's East Hospital, Independence Events Center, Harry S. Truman Home, Museum and Library. If you're staying for business we are near QM Power, Harmar, Maruka USA and Dow Kokam. For the outdoor enthusiasts, Longview Lake, Fleming Park, Paradise Park and Powell Gardens are just a short drive. Our hotel offers daily free hot breakfast, free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, an indoor pool and business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Marriott, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Lee's Summit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Lee s Summit
- Fairfield Inn Lee s Summit
- Lee s Summit Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn Lees Summit