“Ok for bottom of the line hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Lee's Summit
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Lee's Summit
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I work for Marriott and always enjoy staying at other hotels. When we pulled up to this hotel in Lee Summit my first reacton was "oh my, this is a small hotel". Once inside staff was very plesant and helpful. We got to our room which was fine, no problems. Breakfast area was WAY too small, no fitness center, no Market to buy snacks or drinks (only vending machines that were high priced), and pool was too cold. If you're looking for an avearged priced hotel to lay down for the night, ok...but if wanting more I would not recommend. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank S G
Francie T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Lee's Summit, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about our staff and feedback concerning your recent stay. We value the opinions of our guests and use their concerns as tools to help improve our service for future guests. Unfortunately, because we are a Fairfield Inn and not a Fairfield Inn & Suites, we don’t have an exercise facility or market. Hopefully you found the rest of your accommodations to be pleasant. We hope you will choose the Fairfield Inn Kansas City Lee’s Summit again next time you stay in the area.
Francie Terry
General manager

Reviewed April 9, 2012

This is an old-style Fairfield Inn, but it's been updated with fresh paint and carpeting. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Terrific night clerk. Hotel took in deliveries in advance of arrival and had the heavy cartons placed in the guest room, which was a most thoughtful gesture. Would stay here again if back on business.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed here over the 4th of July weekend to visit family. We got a room right on the first floor next to the pool and also close to the breakfast buffet area. The walls were very thin, and we could hear children make a lot of noise in the pool area. The room was extremely small, but okay. We had one problem with the built-in hairdryer, which we reported, but they did not fix while we were there. The breakfast buffet was okay - pastries, bread, bagels, Jimmy Dean sausages (for the microwave), fruit cups, some fresh fruit, oatmeal mix, cereal, milk, juices, and coffee. I almost forgot to mention that they had a waffle maker. We would stay here again, but would not pick a room by the pool. They also claimed that their indoor pool was heated, but it was really cold.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Francie T, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Lee's Summit, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize for the issue that you had with your hairdryer and the noise from the pool area. We hope that you will chose to stay with us again if you are ever in the Lee's Summit area again.
Francie, GM

Reviewed October 23, 2011

We pricelined for $45.00 a night and got this hotel. The staff was friendly, the beds were very comfortable, the t.v. was very clear, the shower pressure was great, the pool and hot tub(which were too cold and too hot) were open until midnight, and the breakfast had a good selection. There was a 24 hour fitness across the highway hotel guests could use as there is none at the hotel itself. We had 4 kids with us and everyone was happy and the price was great.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2009

Good selection for breakfast, company booked me here for 3 nights (they pick the room, got the smallest one, right behind the elevator) staff was very helpful, found me a fridge and made me feel at home. Mostly a quiet place. There's a 24 hour fitness right across the highway. Hotel has a nice little pool and hot tub (indoors). Computer with printer available in lobby. Maid service was great! Wifi service a little slow, lots of channels on tv to make up for that.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2007

We ended up here on a priceline bid. We stayed two nights. The room was clean and nicely furnished. The free brekfast was good. The desk help went out of their way to help. (ie - I asked about a movie theatre near by and the woman at the desk told me where it was an printed me a schedule from that day). I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 23, 2005

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn in May 2005. I had booked 3 rooms two months in advance. I had requested double queen beds for each of the rooms. Upon arrival I was notified two of my rooms had been given away to patrons who had stayed the night before and wanted to continue their stay another night. All hotels were booked in the area so I could not go to another hotel. One of the rooms I ended up with was next door to the swimming pool with one queen bed. It was terribly loud. The pool did not close until midnight. My kids had to sleep on a roll-away. One person was trying to work the front desk and breakfast area. The manager would not come in to take care of the problems. My worst experience ever at a hotel.

11  Thank rmhdadof2