“Good enough that I ate there two days in a row.”

Filling Station BBQ
Ranked #69 of 218 Restaurants in Lee's Summit
Cuisines: Barbecue
Lynden, Washington
“Good enough that I ate there two days in a row.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place is absolutely charming. It is an old auto service station that has been converted into a BBQ joint. It is very small, but does have outdoor seating. The service is over-the-top friendly. They even opened 20 minutes early to serve us because they saw us coming toward the door. The servings are generous. I had pulled-pork. It was tender and very flavorful. Brother-in-law had ribs and said they were excellent. There are three sauces to choose from: Sweet, Medium, and Spicy. All three are quite good. The baked beans were good also, but not exceptional, and I'd advise you to pass on the coleslaw. That's not their specialty.

• Visited May 2013

Omaha, Nebraska
“Good but used to be Better”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a really good little BBQ joint in Lee's Summit MO. It actually is an old time Filling Station converted into a BBQ Restaurant. The meat is good and tender with a nice smoke flavor to it. Here's the problem. The place changed ownership Jan 1 2013. For me personally, one of the reasons I enjoyed this place so much was the BBQ Sauce. It was one of the best sauces in Kansas City (sort of a smoked sweet jalapeño flavor to it). Now the new owners have of course done away with that sauce in favor of their own, which is understandable. I much prefer the old sauce. The end result is this place is really good but just not as good as it used to be.

• Visited April 2013
Kansas City, MO
“Great little BBQ joint for Lee's Summit!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We had carry out here tonight and it was really good! My husband picked our food up and said the place has a neat atmosphere and wanted us to go back for dine-in. The two of us split the sampler platter that had chicken, sausage, ribs (we picked:) Burnt ends and turnkey. We also had fries and beans. There was plenty of food for the two of us plus leftovers for $20! I will say this is the best we've had in Lee's Summit but not my favorite in KC. We'll be back!

Kansas City, MO
“Not to KC BBQ standards”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This might be good in another city, but here in KC we have high standards. I can think of 10 bbq restaurants that I would rather spend my money at. There bbq is so mediocore. I can cook better at home (and thats not saying much). It is a cute building, an old gas station. They dont have cheesy corn. Potato salad tastes like its from walmart. Their sauce isnt the best

• Visited June 2012
Lees Summit, Mo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,350 helpful votes
“Good bbq”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Nice place for a quick bite and good food. Can sometimes wait a while so be careful becausevthe place is small.

Visited April 2012