“It's not just BBQ”

Summit Hickory Pit BBQ
Ranked #32 of 214 Restaurants in Lee's Summit
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“It's not just BBQ”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

When I want a good meal and a pleasant place to eat it, I go to Summit Hickory Pit. My favorite meal is the Cajun grilled catfish with the potato casserole and a side salad. It's very good, and the value for the price is also good. The service is usually excellent.

• Visited November 2013

Kansas City, Missouri
“Below Average”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The barbeque was mediocre at best, and the mixed drinks contained scant (if any) alcohol in them.
This barbeque would not survive if it were located closer to downtown KC where much better barbeque is easily found.

• Visited February 2014
“Average and pricey”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The portion of beans was about 1/4 cup!!! The price is too high for what is served. The burnt ends sandwich was just OK.

• Visited December 2013
Pittsburgh
“This would've been the best BBQ experience…had we not eaten”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Just like every restaurant you will see reviews from super positive to super negative. I'm going to be as honest as possible here. The atmosphere and location was super nice & clean. The waitress was incredibly kind & made you feel as if you were eating in her home. There didn't seem to be very many people at this location eating when we arrived shortly after 1pm. We ordered a large platter of several different types of meat. One sign of concern for me was that they had bottles of Hunt's ketchup on all of their tables. If you're going to ketchup, you have to use Heinz. The sauce used at Summit Hickory was rather bland for my liking. It was a little more thicker than I would normally expect out of a Kansas City style sauce. The absolute biggest foul of the meal was the pulled pork. I'm almost positive that this pork was either freezer burnt or placed into a refrigeration unit for some amount of time and moisture got into the meat thus causing an unsettling taste. The ribs & burnt ends were "decent" but yet seemed rather overcooked. All meats had a smokey taste yet was just not balanced with the sauce very well. The slices of bread served with this platter were completely stale. The smoked BBQ chicken was probably the best thing we ate, it was moist & juicy. It had a great smoke flavor without being dried out. The cheesy potato casserole was delicious & flavorful. The amount of food we received for $30 was a great value however if the food would've tasted better I would've been willing to pay more. Overall if you're looking for quality bbq, I would not recommend this place.

• Visited January 2014
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Best BBQ in Lee's Summit”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Summit Hickory has catered lunches to my business for several years. The meat is very good and the pricing resonable. When we eat at the restaurant, my wife always seems to buy something from their store. I really like the baked beans and chunk sausage.

• Visited November 2013