“Run of the mill”

Dining options: Reservations
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Run of the mill”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My wife and I ate here last month. She had a combo plate and I had a rib platter. Sauce is really good, but meats were far from succulent bordering on over-smoked. Ribs were not 'fall off the bone' tender. Service was attentive, ambiance was standard. It's a big restaurant. It's a passable bbq restaurant, but doesn't compare to the Pork n' Pit on Colbern Rd just 3 miles away.

• Visited February 2012

Lees Summit, Mo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,351 helpful votes
“Great food”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Great local place for food and good for large groups.

Visited January 2012
3 Thank postrawb
Kansas City, Missouri
“Pretty good for the price”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

ease of getting in and out, and quality food. disliked nothing really

Visited February 2012
Lees Summit, MO
“LS's favorite BBQ”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

The is the standard BBQ place for lee's Summit. We probably go there 2-3 times per month. The dishes are consistent and always flavorful

Visited January 2012
Tacoma, Washington
“Great BBQ!!!”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We ate at the Summit Hickory Pit while visiting friends this summer. Since we had never been to the midwest, we were really looking forward to some authentic BBQ. We were not disappointed at all. I don't know how it compares to other places, but the Hickory Pit was outstanding, in my opinion. The burnt ends were awesome as were the ribs. I really liked the beans and cole slaw, as well. The kids menu was good and my 4 and 7 year old kids enjoyed their food. I don't know if or when we will ever get back that way, but if we do, we will be sure to stop at the Summit Hickory Pit again!

Visited July 2011