“Serene setting, quality service”

Unity Village Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Lee's Summit
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Unity Village is a serene campus of buildings on pretty well-manicured grounds. I was slightly weary to stay there because most of the reviews were written by people who stayed there for a religious conference or spiritual retreat. I didn't want to feel as though I was intruding on groups' spiritual quests when I was only staying for one night. But my friend and I were very comfortable there.

A few hours before our scheduled check-in, I received a call confirming my reservation and to inform me that they'd upgraded my room because I was a new guest (and because I'd requested a room with a TV when I made my reservation, and apparently the baseline rooms don't have TVs). The staff is super friendly and accommodating. The room phone rang shortly as I was getting settled and it was the desk clerk ensuring I was satisfied with the accommodations and to remind me of the complementary continental breakfast in the morning.

I paid for a basic room, which is in their "motel", but was upgraded to a 2 queen bed room in the hotel at no additional cost. It was quiet, clean and recently remodeled. Bed linens and pillows were luxurious and I slept like a baby! Bathroom was very clean and my friend complimented the luxury brand of soap/shampoo/conditioner. The complementary continental breakfast was typical of what you'd expect, but laid out nicely and tasted fresh (bagels, pastries, fruit, cereal, yogurt, coffee, teas).

I'll definitely stay there again if I have the opportunity and would recommend Unity Village Hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Request a room with a TV. I made this request when I reserved the room on their website and it turns...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brajner

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is an excellent place to stay. It is clean and quiet! The rooms were great, beds were so comfortable with the down comforters. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean. It was so quiet, felt like we were the only ones staying there. We would without a doubt stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TW1983
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My daughter's and I stayed for 2 nights in this hotel, on July 25th and 26th. We always come to Kansas City to look for dresses for the school year dances, and to visit friends. This hotel is the cleanest hotel we have ever stayed in. It was quiet at night, which is always a plus! We are planning to stay in this hotel again when we come to Kansas City. The staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is an average continental breakfast, but had protein, fruit and dairy, along with a small assortment of bagels, and some prepackaged danishes, cereal and oatmeal.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kari B
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff is super-accommodating and friendly, the room feels like it's been blessed by priests, shamans and the Dalai Lama, it's so peaceful. Super clean and very comfortable, the beds and linens are heavenly. Bathrooms are average in decor, but very clean and very well thought-out regarding green-design. First dual-flush toilet I've ever come across in a U.S. hotel. The property is beautiful, spacious and well landscaped. Bring your camera. The architecture at Unity Village is impressive.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Lee's Summit
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kansas City - Lee's Summit
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City
Best Host Inn Plaza Kansas City South

Been to Unity Village Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!