“Lack luster and poor quality”
Review of China 88

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China 88
Ranked #107 of 250 Restaurants in Lee's Summit
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

I would not recommend this place. The food was very bland and the fried wontons were over cooked and stale. Panda Express is a better option then this establishment.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed October 20, 2017

This is my go to place for inexpensive Chinese food. It is an order at the counter place and they bring it to your table. So don't expect a great atmosphere or super service, it is not there.

What they do have is terrific Szechuan chicken and Hunan chicken. Yum Yum

The chicken and vegetables are cooked perfectly! I go there all the time.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank kend357
Reviewed July 12, 2017

This is our favorite place to order for delivery. HUGE proportions - always enough for 2-3 meals.
Delivery is always quick

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed January 3, 2017

When I entered the restaurant, the young woman at the counter was on the phone, apparently trying to explain something about the menu to another customer. After a minute or two, she made a hand gesture, ostensibly to acknowledge my existence, and continued her conversation. After another minute or so, a man came from the kitchen area and took my order. When ordering, I requested a take out box and chopsticks. After what seemed like a rather long wait, a third person delivered my order (no box, no chopsticks). Went back to the counter and asked the woman who had been on the phone (who now appeared to be doing homework) for the items. She got them for me and it was time to eat! My order (the Hunan Triple) was quite large and perfectly prepared. Extremely flavorful, with just the right amount of heat. The pork, chicken and large shrimp were quite good; the dish also included baby corn, pea pods, carrots, bell pepper and broccoli. Generally not a broccoli fan, but this was the best I've ever had. I took home nearly half my entree and accompanying white rice and was very full when I left. China 88 is now my "go to" Lee's Summit Chinese restaurant!

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

If you love "cheap" Chinese aka express chinese, they have it all. Plus, they will make off menu items and have always been willing to make requested changes to menu items i.e. "add a little 'x'" or "go easy on 'y'" or "I'd like this style with a different meat". Plus they deliver. Only advice...If you know the menu, you should ORDER AHEAD. They usually take 25 to 30 minutes to prepare any order, no matter how big or small.