“Best mex in LS” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Kansas City
“Best mex in LS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We go here again and again simply because it's our favorite Mexican place in LS. We usually get fajitas or enchiladas, and the espinaca dip. Good margaritas, too. The staff always seems to be working hard and service is good.

Visited July 2014

Backus, Minnesota
“Ole my way!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

If you are hankerin' for some delicious Tex/Mex food, Jose Pepper's is the place for you!

Starting with their complimentary FRESH chips and homemade salsa, you are in for a Tex/Mex treat! But do yourself a favor, and order the Espinaca con Queso. It is que bueno! Happy hour Margaritas enhance the flavors. Yum!!

We have tried their Tequila Lime Chicken. Tender, juicy and tangy. A favorite of mine. Last visit, we gave the Chicken Enchilada Especial a go - and it was so wonderful, we will surely have it again.

Normally, I am not a fan of Spanish Rice - I prefer my own recipe. But Jose's was not bad, and adding some of the delicious Salsa was key. Refried beans were just so-so.

Being from Norther Minnesota, we only travel to the Kansas City area a few times each year, but we always make time for one (1) meal at Jose Peppers!

One (1) suggestion that I would have - seriously go after the landlord of the strip mall that the restaurant is located. It was unbearably warm the evening that we were there for dinner. I can't imagine how the wait staff let alone the poor cooks in the kitchen were bearing up under the heat!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Apache Junction, Arizona
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I had the chicken tacos which came with rice and beans. There was more then enough. The service was great along with the happy hour.

Branson, Missouri
“Terrific find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Food & service was awesome. The chips are delicate, salsa fresh & so good. The Espinaca Con Queso is a must try. The food was so tasty, we went back both days we were in the area.

Visited July 2014
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Terrific Food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

We were visiting Lee's Summit after moving 2 years ago. It hasn't changed at all with the exception of expanding. The food was excellent and the portions are great. My husband and I loved the $2.00 margaritas on special. Overall, it was a great place to eat. I wish they had one where we live!

• Visited June 2014