“This restaurant has closed.”
Review of Monetti's Taste of Italy - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2015

This restaurant is no longer in business. I believe it's been closed for about a year, given that there's a German restaurant in its place now, and that took some time to complete.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food was not worth going back for. The restaurant network was down. We had no cash. Luckily we had a check book to pay for the bill.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've heard from a number of people that the food was really good here. Been here a few times and it has been inconsistent. Sometimes very good and other times just ok. The service has been very good. The last time we were there with friends to discuss a vacation trip. We were seated next to the "live entertainment" with a really bad sound system and not so much talent. We couldn't hear anyone speaking in the restaurant, let alone the people at our table. To borrow a word from another review, it was disappointing. We will probably try again as the Italian restaurant selection in Lee's Summit is dwindling.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Monetti's is a lovely little independent Italian restaurant in a strip mall in Lee's Summit. We've tried it a couple of times, but I'm always disappointed with the food. We are Italian and cook our own meatballs and sugo, so I admit I'm picky and not many places can surpass my own cooking preferences -- but tastes are different and I know a lot of people who are regular fans of Monetti's. I know the owner is a true New York Italian transplanted to Lee's Summit and I heard him say he uses his mama's original recipes, so that could be the difference in flavors. But I would definitely say it is authentic Italian cooking in a delightful atmosphere, and worth a try for the novice.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This first time we ate there the lasagna was amazing. When we went back they served us left over lasagna from the day before and heated it up and it was burned on the bottom. I told the waitress I wanted something else. She explained they just took out a new batch from the oven and would bring me some fresh lasagna.... It was from the same old leftover batch they just put more sauce and cheese on it. Read the reviews on Urbanspoon before you go. We had groupons another time we both ordered calzones and we were sitting by the pizza oven I saw the girl make up mine and put it in the oven. 20 minutes later she took it out and put in my husbands while mine sat on the counter getting cold and soggy. 15 minutes later she takes out my husbands and sends them both over to the table. I complained to the waitress that mine had say on the counter for 15 minutes and was soggy and cold. She tried to tell me it wasn't I told her I wanted to talk to the owner and she took my calzone over to the owner who was standing a few feet away. He grabbed the plate and threw it in the trash giving us a dirty look and walked into the back room. The waitress came over to tell us he was going to make mine again. The owner never came over to speak to us, he is a loud arrogant jerk and does not care about his customers. He loves to tell everyone he is from New York. Save your money and frustrations.