“Just Average?”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

For us it was. We walked in at 6pm and were the ONLY customers. Probably 6 or so employees and 2 of us. It always gives me a strange feeling when there are not many others in a restaurant let alone NO OTHERS.

The decor is good but the tables are close together and the glass top tables make me feel like I am in a cheezy diner from the 70's. Now to the service and food. The service was ok, pretty straight forward but nothing special at all. The food started with a couple of small ... tiny bread rolls each. These were cute bite sized bread balls but not much compared to most other Italian places. Salad was decent but nothing thrilling. Everything else we ordered seemed "OK" for the price but was hoping for a little more for the money. A bit more flavor would have been nice.

so... average is all I can say for this place. Honestly... how does a place afford to stay open during the week when there is just 1 table with 2 people at it during prime dinner time?

Date of visit: August 2013

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had a very nice meal. Our waitress was a pleasant as can be, but we had a very long wait for our food. They did comp us a drink to try to make it right, but it does not change the facts. Their lemoncello margarita was very good. The calamari was good, but needed salt. The sauces were all good. We were celebrating my birthday and they gave me a complimentary dessert...chocolate tiramisu . The food is a 4! We had hope to hear the live music as expected. We were there for over 2.5 hours and heard no music........

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We love Monetti's! It's one of our favorites. My husband tries something different each time and has loved everything. I tend to stick to the Grilled Salmon with Pesto over salad greens. It's wonderful and I crave it! The atmosphere is cozy for a date night. We've also eaten there with friends and it's easy to carry on a conversation (not too loud).

Date of visit: June 2013
1  Thank 419BettyG
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We went there for a birthday dinner. We was there for 2 hours before we got our food. The spaghetti was not good the lasagna wasn't cooked the noddles were still hard. Worse service and food ever. The manager was very rude to us. Will never go there again. Worse place I have ever been too.

Date of visit: April 2013
1  Thank Alice240
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We ordered off the menu on our first visit and we did not like the dishes we tried. We decided to try the lunch buffet on our second visit, because we could try more options and maybe find something we liked. My Italian grandmother cooked her red sauce all day and Monetti's tasted like it just came out of a can. The Stromboli had one or two pieces of meat. The pizza was mostly dough, again and no toppings. The garlic knots were doughy and tasteless. The lunch buffet did not offer even a cookie for dessert. Our waitress gave us our bill while we were still eating and did not offer us the dessert menu. Garozzo's is definitely a better choice for good tasting Italian food.

Date of visit: April 2013