“Good food, long wait”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had a very nice meal. Our waitress was a pleasant as can be, but we had a very long wait for our food. They did comp us a drink to try to make it right, but it does not change the facts. Their lemoncello margarita was very good. The calamari was good, but needed salt. The sauces were all good. We were celebrating my birthday and they gave me a complimentary dessert...chocolate tiramisu . The food is a 4! We had hope to hear the live music as expected. We were there for over 2.5 hours and heard no music........

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We love Monetti's! It's one of our favorites. My husband tries something different each time and has loved everything. I tend to stick to the Grilled Salmon with Pesto over salad greens. It's wonderful and I crave it! The atmosphere is cozy for a date night. We've also eaten there with friends and it's easy to carry on a conversation (not too loud).

1  Thank Betty G
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We went there for a birthday dinner. We was there for 2 hours before we got our food. The spaghetti was not good the lasagna wasn't cooked the noddles were still hard. Worse service and food ever. The manager was very rude to us. Will never go there again. Worse place I have ever been too.

1  Thank Alice240
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We ordered off the menu on our first visit and we did not like the dishes we tried. We decided to try the lunch buffet on our second visit, because we could try more options and maybe find something we liked. My Italian grandmother cooked her red sauce all day and Monetti's tasted like it just came out of a can. The Stromboli had one or two pieces of meat. The pizza was mostly dough, again and no toppings. The garlic knots were doughy and tasteless. The lunch buffet did not offer even a cookie for dessert. Our waitress gave us our bill while we were still eating and did not offer us the dessert menu. Garozzo's is definitely a better choice for good tasting Italian food.

1  Thank Linda W
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Best part of the whole meal was their home made garlic knots. We went within a month or two of them opening - so I imagine that is why both times had a wait. One exceeded 30 min.

I really am a Ciao Bella cheerleader,
but I do prefer Monetti's over Garozzos.

I did think it odd that both times we went, the owner was holding court, loudly talking to/at his favorite customers - it seemed very dramatic and would have preferred not to hear his every word the entire time we dined - both times.

I did forget to mention both times we dined there, it did take a long time to get drinks and food, and more bread, and the check!